Colonels Paint

47 posts in this topic

Hey,

I was bored and wrote this app for other people that are bored. It's called Colonel Paint. It lets you draw circles in different colors. It's only an Alpha so I'm sorry if there are a few bugs. I would really like people to try it out and see what they can do with it. Currently you can only draw circles and saving doesn't work. I am working on those issues. Please let me know about what else you think I should add. Thanks for trying it out.

UPDATE: Colonels Paint is now in the last of it's beta stages. I would really like people to make some suggestions on what could be improved. Thanks! :)

UPDATE 2:Well, Colonels Paint has gone a long way since it started back in May. Alpha after alpha, beta after beta. I'm very happy with everyone contributing to testing, and making new icons. Thanks a lot everyone.

Today, I'm pleased to announce Colonels Paint 1.0. I've been working on it for a while now, but I've tried to keep it hidden. So without further adu, I bring you Colonels Paint 1.0!

ColonelsPaint.dmg.zip

Here's what's new in 1.0b1:

Draw squares

Draw lines

Write text

A ruler to measure your shapes

Grid and Snap features to help you make accurate sized drawings

Printing actually works now!

Saving in 3 different formats, TIFF, PDF, and a new one CPG (Colonels Paint Graphic)

Change the width of an object's borderline

Resize and delete shapes and text.

Comes in a custom made DMG file (Thank you MisterCow for helping me on this one)

Here's what's still needs to be fixed:

Saving as a ColonelsPaint Graphic format

If everyone could try it out and let me know what else needs to be fixed, that'd be great!

Happy doodling! :)

Sorry about that. I fixed the bug that wouldn't let it start up right. I've updated the download link. Try it again. I've had it work sucessfully on my iBook G3 and my Hackintosh.

• 2 weeks later...

Im gonna put my released in my Box account from now on so I don't take up too much room on the OSx86 Project's server.

Download alpha 3 at the top of the page.

Not that many new features. It now has the brushed metal look and I changed the dock icon a bit.

I still didn't get saving to work. That's my next problem. There should be saving in the next release.

Im gonna put my released in my Box account from now on so I don't take up too much room on the OSx86 Project's server.

Download alpha 3 here

Not that many new features. It now has the brushed metal look and I changed the dock icon a bit.

I still didn't get saving to work. That's my next problem. There should be saving in the next release.

Yay!! :angel:

Nice work colonel!

Oh, and by the way Mash, PhotoBucket is already a name: http://www.photobucket.com/ It's an image hosting website...

• 1 month later...

Okay everyone, Beta 1 is out! Still no saving, I'm working on it. (I'm procrastinating) :D

New Features in Beta 1:

New Installer

Able to have 2 windows open simultaneously

No more scrolling while drawing

Here's a screenshot.

picture1de3.th.jpg

You can download it at the top of the page. Thanks for testing and enjoy!

Haha, that is coming along very good!

I would try out different dock icons, maybe use a bit of transparency to make the icon more OS X eye candyish :)

Maybe try the Bargain Bucket, put it as a .png and use transparency, so there is no background and just the bucket :) Just a suggestion...

Also, you're using the KFC Registered Trademark logo, so I think you need to give credit to them in the About Software window (maybe a link to their website?).

Haha, that is coming along very good!

I would try out different dock icons, maybe use a bit of transparency to make the icon more OS X eye candyish :D

Maybe try the Bargain Bucket, put it as a .png and use transparency, so there is no background and just the bucket :o Just a suggestion...

That's a great idea. I'll do that in Beta 2.

Also, you're using the KFC Registered Trademark logo, so I think you need to give credit to them in the About Software window (maybe a link to their website?).

You're right about that. I'll put KFC.com in the about window. Thanks! :D

Do you think Apple would mind if I used some of Sketch's source code to help Colonels Paint? :(

depends on how much source code. bits and pieces would be fine, since that's what the demos are for. Whole sections of code would be a bit much. But check the license on them to see what it says.