jesusace

14 posts in this topic

I decided to install MacOSX Leopard on My PC again today:

P5WDH-Deluxe

Core2Quad Q6600

6Gb DDR2-SDRAM 800

Ati Radeon HD3870

PATA Seagate 80Gb 7200.7 Disk

I had a 10.5.2 DVD (Kalyway version). I used it and... Voila! 10.5.2 installed.

Then I saw 10.5.8 Combo update so i downloaded it. And here it comes.

I applied the same scripts i had done for 10.5.5 Update, i dont remember where I have downloaded them, but i had them in a safe place. I started preinstalation script, installed it and then post-installation script to keep my drivers. After that i had to reboot my computer, a gray screen with an apple and... reboot... it started again and... Voila!! I have 10.5.8 now.

I'm really surprised about how easy it was.

PD: Im from spain so my english might be really really bad.

Well after the second reboot i have some troubles, just the same i had when I updated 10.5.2 to 10.5.5. I have no sound and integrated network card doesn´t work. Im trying with some kext files.

UPDATE:

Auido is working now. Integrated network card still not working, but i have a pci realtek now so i can connect to the internet.

Ive installed ilife and office, and i cant use dmg files anymore!! it gives me a kernel panic!! Im looking for a fix.

UPDATE: I can use dmg now. I saw the fix in this forum, changing seatbelt.kext

edited : nevermind.. find already.. not aware that the topic are pinned...

I decided to install MacOSX Leopard on My PC again today:

P5WDH-Deluxe

Core2Quad Q6600

6Gb DDR2-SDRAM 800

Ati Radeon HD3870

PATA Seagate 80Gb 7200.7 Disk

I had a 10.5.2 DVD (Kalyway version). I used it and... Voila! 10.5.2 installed.

Then I saw 10.5.8 Combo update so i downloaded it. And here it comes.

I applied the same scripts i had done for 10.5.5 Update, i dont remember where I have downloaded them, but i had them in a safe place. I started preinstalation script, installed it and then post-installation script to keep my drivers. After that i had to reboot my computer, a gray screen with an apple and... reboot... it started again and... Voila!! I have 10.5.8 now.

I'm really surprised about how easy it was.

PD: Im from spain so my english might be really really bad.

Hi...

I tried to do the same upgrade, but any time i did it, at half of the installation process it happeared a pupup saying "this upgrade file is not for this pc......." and after a reboot I had a kernel panic, solved only with a new installation...

Could you tell which script are you using ?

I run from terminal, as superuser, " while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext; done"

Is yours the same ???

Thanks a lot ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Sorry, I couldn't answer before. All you need are 2 files, prepare and post-combo. I will try to upload it, but it´s a 65Mb file so...

Could you please upload the files somewhere and PM me the link. I REALLY need thoes files :)

PPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
Sorry, I couldn't answer before. All you need are 2 files, prepare and post-combo. I will try to upload it, but it´s a 65Mb file so...

Hello,

Same thing here, can you just, please, copy paste the names of files so we can figure out what is it?

cheers!

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have a stupid question about that update, please help me.

I've installed a kalyway 10.5 on my IBM M52 desktop, it's ran good!!!

The system update notify that it have a combo update 10.5.8, do you have any idea what I need install before it.

I have already bad experience with this update, it prompt me to reset or shutdown computer, even dough after reboot this picture still there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...