BSOD on Vista Boot

2 posts in this topic

So initially I had a Windows 7 and a Vista X64 Partition. I then installed iAtkos v7.1. After trying to repair the bootloader from the Vista and Windows 7 Install DVDs and failing I finally decided to just install a fresh copy of Windows 7 on my backup drive because I knew that would reinstall the Vista Bootloader, and it did. I then added the two entries via EasyBCD and proceeded to reboot. Now when I select 1 of my old partitions it starts to load and then BSOD and restarts.

Please Help.

I was thinking it might have to do with some bios setting I changed when I was attempting to install OSX. For instance, I enabled AHCI, would that have something to do with it?

So initially I had a Windows 7 and a Vista X64 Partition. I then installed iAtkos v7.1. After trying to repair the bootloader from the Vista and Windows 7 Install DVDs and failing I finally decided to just install a fresh copy of Windows 7 on my backup drive because I knew that would reinstall the Vista Bootloader, and it did. I then added the two entries via EasyBCD and proceeded to reboot. Now when I select 1 of my old partitions it starts to load and then BSOD and restarts.

Please Help.

I was thinking it might have to do with some bios setting I changed when I was attempting to install OSX. For instance, I enabled AHCI, would that have something to do with it?

Same here. Changing to AHCI will make any windows installation (as far as I'm aware) blue screen on start up. The only way I can get around it is to keep changing it everytime I want to use either one of the operating systems. Apparently I've heared that you can install a driver on the Windows installation to allow it to start in AHCI mode? Try looking it up!