help. reset' root user password on accident. help! none nooob

tskraps

2 posts in this topic

Posted this on another forum, and apparently they dont take too kindly to our type.

Ive tried plenty of things, pretty sure im doing then all right, and nothing works.. the way it should

Again, not a new guy, done plenty of hackintosh's, but this computer is a regular macbook.

And even worse, i typed this entire thing out, real extensively and explained more, but for whatever reason it didnt post.

So if none of this can be any clearer, please ask any questions. But I really need help here.

I cant not figure this out, and i could list 50 urls easily that say suggestions.

You guys are the mac super pros. Please.

Ill donate some paypal cash if i have to, to get some consistent help.

-again posted somewhere else on some other {censored} forum--

Fixing my sister-n-law's macbook, its running 10.4.3

Anyway, it went from simply just trying to reset her password for her, booted an OSX disc, went to the reset utility, and in the drop down, I didnt select her user name, I selected root. Great.

I didnt note down her actual User name either, but i remember the first time i did the disc boot, her name WAS in the drop down list of users, that i THOUGHT i clicked to reset the password.

Since then, No password matched and no user name matched when i reboot the computer.

So ontop of that, i've tried doing the whole mount and .applesetupdone method, and now when i go through the whole creating a new user process, it freezes after the screen im supposed to have after i enter all the user information, just takes me to a white line, and freezes.

Please, anyone help. Im an avid reader and still havent found the awnser, created this name just to post on the boards. Thanks in advance.