Modified Bios for Asus P5Q Deluxe

Shaumux

39 posts in this topic

Shamux

I tried to follow that same tutorial in the past to patch the BIOS for my P5Q-E but I kept getting an 'invalid boot block error' or words to that effect when flashing.

I tried many times and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything.

Are you using a specific version of the ASUS flash tool (or any of the other tools) or is there anything else I should know besides what's written in the tutorial?

Thanks.

Shamux

I tried to follow that same tutorial in the past to patch the BIOS for my P5Q-E but I kept getting an 'invalid boot block error' or words to that effect when flashing.

I tried many times and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything.

Are you using a specific version of the ASUS flash tool (or any of the other tools) or is there anything else I should know besides what's written in the tutorial?

Thanks.

I use ASUS EZ Flash tool.

What tool are you using?

Either use afudos from dos or EZflash tool.

Any other method to flash the bios is not safe.

I've tried both. Also tried older versions of AFUDOS.

At the time I used Koalala's ACPIPatcher on Windows to extract the DSDT directly from the BIOS download, what are you using?

I manually extracted the dsdt using asltools and winhex.

Or try andy's tool

I had hoped there was some magic formula or different version tool that I was missing but it seems that whatever it is it's probably my own fault :rolleyes:

But thanks anyway.

Most probably its the automatic extraction tools messing up.

How are you putting back the modified asl file into the file?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

This is an old topic, I know but can I use this modded bios on Asus P5Q3 board?

And if not where can I find modded bios for this board?

I searched and couldn't find anything.

thx in advance

Do you mean p5q3 deluxe or just plain p5q3?

• 1 year later...

dear Shaumux thank you for your great work on this! I am a big fan of the P5Q motherboard and using it as a hackintosh with a E7600 cpu and 460GTX card.

I have downloaded your modded (+slic) bios 2208 but not flashed it yet - I noticed that there is 2209 version out as well - could I please ask you to slic+mac mod this, too?

After flashing you bios can I use DSDT? or EasyDSTS is prefered? I really do not understand how to properly create a DSDT file for my hackintosh and I would appreciate your help. It seems most people have the PRO or DELUXE models but mine is the simple P5Q...

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

George