Guide to install mac os x on acer aspire one d250

vjrngn123

76 posts in this topic

Hello Willy!!,

You may find it easier to use Netbook installer, and check the supported devices section for a more stable Snow leopard install.

Plus so much easier!!.

Check it out all!!!!!

But my install is perfect now, the only boring thing is no webcam!

Ok, little update- I used the Ralink RT73 kext file for a Belkin usb adapter I have.

It works, but it is not ideal having to use a giant usb adapter for internet.

Working:

sound

graphics drivers

usb adapter wireless

trackpad and keyboard

volume and brightness controls

Not working:

built in wifi - NEED THIS

webcam- no big deal

ethernet- never use it anyway

not sure if headset will work

This computer I don't use much at all, I have an iMac and MacBook Pro, but this I use occasionally at work to diagnose network problems and run around with a laptop. Wifi is needed.

Does anyone have suggestions? When I go to system preferences > network

No devices are listed (except the usb adapter- listed as ethernet)

But I can't get the Airport to show up.

Please help, someone! Thanks :)

edit- also get kernel panics when trying to mount disk images. (tried downloading chrome and when the dmg was mounted it froze up on me) sigh*

Another update!

Installed the seat belt kext and it fixed the dmg mounting problem.

Did a lot of research and found a pkg that installs the correct drivers for my wifi card. It's a Broadcom 4312.

After installing that the wifi works as well.

As of now everything I need works. It's be nice to have the webcam work, but I probably wont use it often if ever.

I get the message that my video card doesn't support photobooth.

Haven't been able to test it elsewhere, yet.

Is there a way to get the trackpad to support multi touch as it does in XP/Vista?

That would be the icing on the cake...

Did a lot of research and found a pkg that installs the correct drivers for my wifi card. It's a Broadcom 4312.

After installing that the wifi works as well.

You can use with this drivers the atheros Ar5007?

Your troubles with Photobooth, seems like the "no QE/CI" Problem

You can use with this drivers the atheros Ar5007?

Your troubles with Photobooth, seems like the "no QE/CI" Problem

I don't know what you're saying or asking in your first sentence...

I enabled quartz, but read something about quartz extreme? Where would I get that if it is in fact what I need.

The real pain in the ass I've noticed is that it won't wake up after going to sleep.

A lot of times I'll put my laptops to sleep as apposed to a full shut down when I know I'll use it again in a little while.

With this I have to either leave it on, or turn it off. I'd love a fix for this...

With the broadcom pkg you fully enabled the original built-in wireless module?

yea i found a download for it.

for some reason I was only able to get it installed after installing the USB adapter.

Once that installed the other worked too. Weird. But whatever works!

• 3 weeks later...
hey guys me again, long time since i posted anything about this topic . any way i found this software/driver for atheros cards (for mac), but its just a 10 mintute trial. i dont hvae access to a hackintosh, so please follow the link below, download the software and let me know how it goes. hope this works!!!

http://www.softplatz.com/Soft/Network-Inte...er-for-Mac.html

Regards,

vjrngn123

have somebody tried this driver for the atheros inside the D250?

oh im sorry i dint post that. u need to install a program called pacifist. then insert your iAtkos dvd. open up pacifist on click "open apple install discs" and select the iAtkos DVD. After it loads up(wait for a while,it could take some time), go into Drivers and extract the contents of intel GMA950x(or something like that,ull be able to no).Just extract the whole folder. Next, open up kexthelperb7(u should have installed it during the installation,if not same procedure for that also). Next,drag the contents of the extracted folder(GMA950) into kext helper. Next, enter your root password and click install. After it is done, restart your computer. And thats it. It should work!!!

PS: Please post whether the install was a success.

Because the intel atom n280 is single core but has 2 processors. Google it,u can read about it

Its one SINGLE processor with hyper-threading(basically it has two seperate 32bit lines of cache or "threads" which under windows appears as a dual core would), so it shows as two, there is nothing dual core about it... Not to make you sound daft, but you cannot have two processors on a single core, how is that possible?

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy guys, Recently Hackintoshed the D250, just a few questions about wireless, (cant start a topic)

Ok so i bought the Broadcom BCM4321 and plugged it into the Spare mini Pcie port at the bottom/back of the laptop, whatever you what to call it. I rewired one of my aerials from the standard half mini card by the speaker inside the card, and plugged it into the card in the PCI-e port. So now i has the questions.

1. How many aerials do i need to plug in, because i plugged in one and i cant either get or a signal or (carry on to question two)

2. Is there anything fancy i need to do here? Because when i plug the card into the PC, and boot it up. It comes up with Turn Airport on. I click away, but i still cant turn it on....

So main question is, Dodgy card? or am i going about this the wrong way. I will take photos tomorrow, i am capped at the moment.... took me ages to register ;):)

*bumpage*

anything?

• 1 month later...

OMG!Please help.Got the aod 250.Installed iatkos 10.5.7 v7 work perfect,no lags,no kernels.

So,got some problems,with wi-fi and sound.

Wi-fi,i've got BCM94312HMG,but not working,some Russian forums says that it work,but not on me.

Tryed to find some kexts,result 0!Nothing.So please help,me!

About sound,its realtek ALC272,intel 82801GBM.nothing found...

I am not pro,its first time i am installing osx.

Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, thanks for the guide vjrngn123

It worked out just as described. I installed it with help of a USB-stick using Chameleon as a boot-loader.

I also have the iAktos V7 which I used to get the graphic card-driver as described. Didn't work.

Thanks for the driverGMA950.pkg.zip colonelkernel8, that one worked perfectly.

I enebled Quartz GL via OSX86tools, but QE is NOT active.

Is it possible to make it work? This is very importentfor me cause now even Youtube lags.

WIFI would be nice to, however I use Mobile Broadband via Telenor so it works there.

But Quartz Extreme is important for me....anyone?

And one more thing: Is there a Retail-way for AspireOne?

Kneu Bee questions

All through the forums there are lots of references to kexts and darwin, but I have not found anything that explains what they are. what are they?Is kext an acronym? if so what does it mean?

• 1 month later...
Kneu Bee questions

All through the forums there are lots of references to kexts and darwin, but I have not found anything that explains what they are. what are they?Is kext an acronym? if so what does it mean?

I´d recomend that you look up those terms in Wikipedia if you want a really good explanation for those terms. you might as well want to know a bit about UNIX and the way it works.

cheers,

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up for people. I am currently running 10.6.4 with everything working except for bluetooth (havent tried it yet) and sleep. I have never gotten sleep to work on this machine under X period, it just reboots, however.... I recently found a kext that allows you to disable sleep completely on a lenovo site. Works great, when you shut the lid the display turns off and it resumes just fine, if anyone has had success with getting sleep to work please let me know!. Anyone needing the kext just google _DisableSleep.kext!

Just a heads up for people. I am currently running 10.6.4 with everything working except for bluetooth (havent tried it yet) and sleep. I have never gotten sleep to work on this machine under X period, it just reboots, however.... I recently found a kext that allows you to disable sleep completely on a lenovo site. Works great, when you shut the lid the display turns off and it resumes just fine, if anyone has had success with getting sleep to work please let me know!. Anyone needing the kext just google _DisableSleep.kext!

Hey gilg2533!

Thanks for the info about the disablesleep, It's a really good option to the real sleep while We can find how make the sleep works.

I have a question, What do you do to make the internal microphone work? I have everything working except Sleep and Microphone (My AOD250 Hasn't bluetooth).

I will really appreciate your help!

Regards!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...