Web hosting - cheap and simple

Macboe

3 posts in this topic

I'd like to find a web host that is cheap and simple. If I go with something like GoDaddy, I get a lot of storage space, bandwidth, and mysql/php support, but I don't need all of this. I probably only need up to 1 GB of storage and 100-200 MB of bandwidth/month. Just file hosting, no services. I don't even care if it's 100% reliable.

I know a domain might cost around $10/year, but then I would like to be able to find a simple host for maybe $1/month or less. Has anyone used a place offering this?

Or is there even anywhere for free? I would like to be able to upload things quickly.

• 2 months later...

For smaller websites, godaddy is just fine. What type of site are you making? There's many high quality free options out there - such as google sites or wordpress.com, depending on what type of content you have. Whatever you do, make sure you go with a host that either comes with a recommendation from someone you trust, or is a well known name in the industry (MT, godaddy, yahoo, etc.) - there's lots and lots of low-quality or downright fraudulent hosts out there.

• 4 months later...