MainStage 2 not working on Acer A150 10.5.7 (FIXED!)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

SiK01

SiK01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi all,

I managed to install 10.5.7 on my Acer A150. I installed MainStage by editing the LogicStudio.dist in the install package.

MainStage 2 starts up, gives an audio driver error, but I can click continue. Then I get into the template chooser. When I select one and press continue, MainStage "unexpectedly quits". :D

Please help!

UPDATE: Mainstage is working!!! When MainStage started up it gave me a "Selected Driver not found" error. So I looked into the MainStage preference file (with PlistEditPro) and compared it to the one on my iMac. On my iMac it has an entry:
OutputAudioDriveName <string> FireOne (0007)

So I changed the plist on my Acer One to have that entry as well, as it was not there. On the Acer I have a Numark, so I put the name of the device in there (Numark USB Audio Device). And voila! It is working now, woohoo!!! :D

Attached Files

LeoHell

LeoHell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks man! Inspiring solution...
I have a Line6 Toneport UX1, the same problem (-10202), I will try your solution later...
Hope I can use the goddamn thing!

franciskone

franciskone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi guys, what about mainstage 2 performances with apire one???

SiK01

SiK01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

hi guys, what about mainstage 2 performances with apire one???

I use it to playback our clicktrack and backtrack. Both on each audio output and it works great. Didn't try the rest...

Here is a video of someone:

daverolo77

daverolo77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i just upgraded from logic 8 to 9.... and i got the same error !!! but i cant find the com.apple.mainstage.plist anywhere , so , how did you edit the LogicStudio.dist in the install package ? :(

SiK01

SiK01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

i just upgraded from logic 8 to 9.... and i got the same error !!! but i cant find the com.apple.mainstage.plist anywhere , so , how did you edit the LogicStudio.dist in the install package ? :rolleyes:

It should be in your home dir/Library/Preferences.

Maybe what you can do is start Mainstage. But DONT select a template, just quit. Maybe mainstage will create a preference file then.

If not, I will send you mine.

daverolo77

daverolo77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

It should be in your home dir/Library/Preferences.

Maybe what you can do is start Mainstage. But DONT select a template, just quit. Maybe mainstage will create a preference file then.

If not, I will send you mine.

Still cant finded, dont know whay is missing ,i think i have to uninstall logic 8 and try again, but, i would really appreciate your file...thanks!!!

iamhappy

iamhappy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

UPDATE: Mainstage is working!!! When MainStage started up it gave me a "Selected Driver not found" error. So I looked into the MainStage preference file (with PlistEditPro) and compared it to the one on my iMac. On my iMac it has an entry:
OutputAudioDriveName <string> FireOne (0007)

So I changed the plist on my Acer One to have that entry as well, as it was not there. On the Acer I have a Numark, so I put the name of the device in there (Numark USB Audio Device). And voila! It is working now, woohoo!!! ;)

edit: haha i did it! Thanks ALOT for the hint. I just had to create the string with "Envy24HT" (no numbers or anything else). nice : )

Hey, i have an ESI Juli@ using Envy24HT kext. Do you know how to find out the right code?

pepe1125

pepe1125

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
THX! Very Much! My device [ XStation (n) ]. Working!

djcmix

djcmix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi guys

i can also not find that com.apple.mainstage.plist file.... wonder why?

can someone post it to this forum please

thanks

cheers

John

Paulo Egidio

Paulo Egidio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Man, you`re my saviour!

many thanks

Paulo

SmaLL-D

SmaLL-D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
HEY!!! It's important!

The path for PLIST file is NOT "your home dir/Library/Preferences."
but "your USER dir/Library/Preferences."
Hope it will help somebody)))

SmaLL-D

SmaLL-D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Yeahhhh!!!!!!!!! Finaly it's working!!!!!!!!!
YOU DON'T NEED to EDIT com.apple.mainstage.plist (it's appears after first rum of Mainstage in USER/Library/Preferences)
You Need to Edit program package, only one string))))
See ya!!!
visit my band's page (www.yojiki.com.ua/ua It's PUNK rock band from Ukraine)

faxu189

faxu189

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
sorry but i don't understand, what i should put in the value of OutputAudioDriverName?? i am using voodoohda

thanks

EDIT: I fixed it!! :D i created this entry: OutputAudioDriverName <string> Line-out (Green Rear)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy