[How To] [v.3.4] 10.5.8 Deep Sleep (Latest SleepEnabler version) + Speedstep

Thireus

49 posts in this topic

New version of the archive! It now include the latest pista7 kext for sleep :D I've posted an article on my home page to explain how to update if you have previously installed the old version using my instructions. :)

Read this article if you have installed my previous versions: Sleep fix for 10.5.8 - Final release? :D

CHANGELOG:

13/08/09:

Updated: Sleep is now working with a better SleepEnabler kext. This one can be installed with Kext Helper because it auto loads during boot! :-) So you don't need the rc.sleep hack anymore, so please remove it from rc.sleep! You can also delete SleepEnabler from your / directory.

Thanks goes to pista7 for it's marvellous work :)

Version name: 3.1

What is the difference with the vanilla IOBluetoothFamily.kext and yours?

My BT appears off, if I run Bluetooth File Exchange I can turn it on, loading your kext makes no diff

What is the difference with the vanilla IOBluetoothFamily.kext and yours?

My BT appears off, if I run Bluetooth File Exchange I can turn it on, loading your kext makes no diff

Thanks ;)

According to the patching script you can find into my archive:

perl -pi -e 's|<integer>33301</integer>|<integer>46848</integer>|g' /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

perl -pi -e 's|<integer>1452</integer>|<integer>2821</integer>|g' /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

These lines patch the original kext to make it work for our eeepc netbooks so it may not work for you. If you take a look into the modified plist you can clearly see that what's modified is just idProduct & idVendor. So you need to find the IDs for your bluetooth card to make it work :)

But I don't know where to find them... :/

(If there is a bluetooth genius here please help :D)

Thireus,

What a relief it is to have this sleep fix. It WORKS in both 10.5.8 and SL 10A421, especially this SL update killed sleep. However; I still have a problem with VooDoo.HDA kext such that when it wakes up, sound is garbled. This has always been the problem with VooDoo.HDA. I had to use this for SL because nothing else works for the ALC1200 I have. In Leopard, the kext for ALC1200 works OK.

I tried to follow your instruction about VooDoo.HDA but I am afraid that I did not get it done right or something?

Care to comment?

Thireus,

What a relief it is to have this sleep fix. It WORKS in both 10.5.8 and SL 10A421, especially this SL update killed sleep. However; I still have a problem with VooDoo.HDA kext such that when it wakes up, sound is garbled. This has always been the problem with VooDoo.HDA. I had to use this for SL because nothing else works for the ALC1200 I have. In Leopard, the kext for ALC1200 works OK.

I tried to follow your instruction about VooDoo.HDA but I am afraid that I did not get it done right or something?

Care to comment?

Nice :) hope it works too for SL10A432 ;)

About VoodooHDA there was a fix for the 10.5.7 regarding any bug that can occurs after wakeup here: Do you have problems when your computer wakes from sleep? It's just an easy unload/load script.

But I have noticed that once unloaded with the 10.5.8 version, VoodooHDA cannot be loaded anymore :'( You can still give it a try... then tell me if I'm wrong.

The only workaround I found was for the problem we have on our eeepc --> Volume set to max after wake up.

But the script I made only adjust the volume, and does nothing to fix your issue. :(

So... give a try to the old unload/load script and tell me.

Finally MacOS 10.5.8 is not the only thing that needed to be fixed lol xD

This morning I've activated an extension for my site that killed almost all my links under Safari.

It should now be fixed :rolleyes:

Thanks to the user who reported this bug!

Hi Thireus,

I know this could seems strange but after installing 10.5.8 I started experiencing some noise in the speakers... the sound seems distorted... I'm still using your "0.2.2_r8_Thireus_release_light" VoodooHDA.kext

Do you have any ideas of how can I fix this?

By the way, thanks for the sleep solution... it's working just great!!!

Hi Thireus,

I know this could seems strange but after installing 10.5.8 I started experiencing some noise in the speakers... the sound seems distorted... I'm still using your "0.2.2_r8_Thireus_release_light" VoodooHDA.kext

Do you have any ideas of how can I fix this?

By the way, thanks for the sleep solution... it's working just great!!!

Thanks goes to the master: pista7. ^_^:hysterical:

Some people said they can hear some noise too, I don't have this issue and I'm using my patched Extreme version. Maybe try the original VoodooHDA and tell me if the issue is still here (Because this is maybe related to the mic volume...).

Also tell me if it occurs only after waking from the 1st sleep or after boot.

Come back here and tell me.

So, I've installed the original VoodooHDA and now I get the noise problem only after sleep. It's not that bad! But if you'd like to analyze the problem I can install your kext and we can try to make some troubleshooting together... as you wish :D

Thanks Thireus!

M.

So, I've installed the original VoodooHDA and now I get the noise problem only after sleep. It's not that bad! But if you'd like to analyze the problem I can install your kext and we can try to make some troubleshooting together... as you wish :D

Thanks Thireus!

M.

With mine you'll also have this problem after sleep too :) so if you want to get mic working maybe try my patched version... but maybe it only works for your "External Microphone"? I don't have any clue

Try to see if you can solve your issue here: Do you have problems when your computer wakes from sleep?

http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/issues/list

These lines patch the original kext to make it work for our eeepc netbooks so it may not work for you. If you take a look into the modified plist you can clearly see that what's modified is just idProduct & idVendor. So you need to find the IDs for your bluetooth card to make it work ;)

But I don't know where to find them... :/

(If there is a bluetooth genius here please help :()

Oh, sorry for missing that and thanks for the explanation.

My Bluetooth alway work out of the box with each 10.4.x updates and 10.5.x updates until 10.5.8, I mean it works with 10.5.8 but now it appears off every boot and every wake, before it always on.

My Bluetooth alway work out of the box with each 10.4.x updates and 10.5.x updates until 10.5.8, I mean it works with 10.5.8 but now it appears off every boot and every wake, before it always on.

If you tried to use your 10.5.7 bluetooth kext and you have the same issue, then I think you have to do something maybe with DSDT.

If it is a broadcom bluetooth, get the device id's from windows , and add it to my kext. so you can use the on and off switch in Bluetooth menu and system preferences

LegacyBroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext.zip

• 3 months later...

Oh this is beautiful... thought I was going to have to get medieval on my retail Leo install Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P ... installed SleepEnabler.kext with kexthelper, Terminal reset ownership yadda yadda, repaired permissions, restarted with -f -v ...

BOOM, worked a treat

THANK YOU

It's possible I lucked out and had the relevant Disablers installed already so be sure to consider the notes at Thireus' link!

peace in the middle east

~roni

• 7 months later...
works great! great fix!

i installed the latest sleepenabler.kext with osx86 tools and viola! works with sig below and another set up of mine (ga-945gcm-s2c, c2d 4500, vanilla)....

Anyone get this sleep fix working with a non vanilla, p4, voodoo, guid, s3 able machine?

Please le mr know , i have the same configuration p4 vodoo 9.5 no efi , in another machine vodoo 9.7 no efi p4