VMware Fusion + Win 7 = 0xc000000f, help?

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

I've been running OS X on a hackintosh for the last 6 months, and it's been perfectly stable and usable. I recently installed Win 7 RTM (edit: 64-bit) on a new drive, and have been having problems getting it to dual-boot. EasyBCD doesn't seem to work with OS X (the guide mentions an "auto-configure mac settings" option, but I didn't see it. boots Win 7 fine though), and when I installed Chameleon RC2, it auto boots straight into OS X (barely see the bootloader. flashes chameleon then boots OS X. Don't know where to find the Chameleon Settings...).

I couldn't figure a solution for either, so I decided to try VM. After installation, Fusion found a Boot Camp partition. I try to run it, and it gives me a black screen with an 0xc000000f error. It says that 'the boot selection failed because a required device in inaccessible". I figured it may have been EasyBCDs modified bootloader, so I booted into Win 7 through BIOS, repaired the bootloader to only have Win 7, but the same error occurs. This is my first time using Fusion, so I'm still poking around the settings, but I haven't found anything that will help. Oh, and Fusions sees the Win 7 disc as IDE, but is SATA; is that a problem? also, my win7 disc mounts in OS X, but is read only (dunno if it's normal or relevant, just thought I should include whatever info I see...)

Would Parallels work, or give me the same problem?

Anyway, should give you all some idea of my setup...

mobo= gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3r

q8200

8 gb ram

8600 GT 1gb

OS X on HD0 (retail disc install, and i think it's a GUID partition)

Win 7 on HD1

Any suggestions will help!