MAC OS X on Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3515

10 posts in this topic

I could be getting an Amilo Pro V3515 for nothing but the postage and was wondering if OS X Leopard would work on it

specs:

General

Windows Vista Certification: Windows Vista Premium Ready, Windows Vista Capable

System Type: Notebook

Built-in Devices: Stereo speakers, wireless LAN aerial

Width: 35.7 cm

Depth: 27.1 cm

Height: 3.9 cm

Weight: 2.9 kg

Processor

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core T2060 / 1.6 GHz

Multi-Core Technology: Dual-Core

Data Bus Speed: 533 MHz

Chipset Type: VIA VN896

Cache memory

Type: L2 Cache

Installed Size: 1 MB

Ram

Installed Size: 1 GB / 2 GB (max), 512 MB / 2 GB (max)

Technology: DDR2 SDRAM - 533 MHz

Configuration Features: 1 x 1 GB

Storage controller

Type: Serial ATA

Serial ATA Interface: Serial ATA-150

Storage

Hard Drive: 80 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm

Optical storage

Type: DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD-RAM - integrated

Display

Display Type: 15.4" TFT

Max Resolution: 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )

Widescreen Display: Yes

Video

Graphics Processor / Vendor: VIA Chrome9 HC

Video Memory: Shared Video Memory (UMA)

Audio

Audio Output: Sound card

Audio Input: Microphone

Input device(s)

Type: Keyboard, touchpad

Keyboard - Localization and Layout:English

Networking

Networking: Network adapter

Wireless LAN Supported: Yes

Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

Expansion / connectivity

Expansion Slots Total (Free):

* 2 ( 1 ) x memory

* 1 ( 1 ) x ExpressCard/54, 2 memory

* 1 ( 1 ) x ExpressCard/54

Interfaces:

* 4 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 PIN USB Type A

* 1 x display / video - VGA

* 1 x modem - phone line - RJ-11

* 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45

* 1 x audio - line-in/microphone

* 1 x audio - line-out/headphones

Miscellaneous

Features: Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately), administrator password, system password

Compliant Standards: CE, WHQL, R&TTE, RoHS

Power

Power Device: External

Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )

Battery

Technology: 6-cell Lithium Ion

Installed Qty: 1

Capacity: 4400 mAh

Run Time (Up To): 2.5 hour(s)

-------------

I'm really not sure on the Graphics chip being a Via Chrome9 one, I know they arent brilliant

the processor supports SSE SSE2 and SSE3 so thats ok i suppose... would it just be finding drivers for the hardware?

I have Kalyway 10.5.2 on disk just incase.

any help or a yes/no for os x on this baby will be appreciated!

thank you,

Ricky

Thank you for that, there isn't a whole lot of information there, the topics just went dead... one person said they managed to get the DVD to boot but it couldnt see the hard drive to actually install OS X... another person was saying about them needing to patch their install DVD with some drivers for certain things...

looks like it can just about be done but maybe with some things not working unless drivers can be found.

I will have to keep digging around as I do want to get a toe into the OSX86 project... at the moment I am using an iBook G3 which is failing fast both in graphics and also hard drive. I love using OS X and don't want to have to stop :D

• 9 months later...

I have an Amilo v3515 as whell and it runs perfect iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 and combo updated to 10.5.8 and i just installed Myhack and now Snow Leopard works too. You have to select the azaliasound patch in the extension when you´re installing and the smbios 667. And at chipsets all chipset drivers. Than you have IT!!

Thank you for that, there isn't a whole lot of information there, the topics just went dead... one person said they managed to get the DVD to boot but it couldnt see the hard drive to actually install OS X... another person was saying about them needing to patch their install DVD with some drivers for certain things...

looks like it can just about be done but maybe with some things not working unless drivers can be found.

I will have to keep digging around as I do want to get a toe into the OSX86 project... at the moment I am using an iBook G3 which is failing fast both in graphics and also hard drive. I love using OS X and don't want to have to stop ;)

I have an Amilo v3515 as whell and it runs perfect iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 and combo updated to 10.5.8 and i just installed Myhack and now Snow Leopard works too. You have to select the azaliasound patch in the extension when you´re installing and the smbios 667. And at chipsets all chipset drivers. Than you have IT!!

Hello,

What kind of snow leopard disk are you using? Which contains those what you said to check?

What kernel need to use?

Thanks in advance

Nor

I used Myhack with a restored snow leopard disk to an usb stick (8gb) and don't select any kernel. The original vanilla kernel works perfect

Hello,

What kind of snow leopard disk are you using? Which contains those what you said to check?

What kernel need to use?

Thanks in advance

Nor

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi,

I am new to this forum and the OSx86 Project.

I have the same Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3515 laptop and have spent over a month including 1 week doing nothing but work on this laptop.

I finally found the iDeneb version suggested above, and used the same settings and saw the beautiful MacOSx starting screen. I still have a few things to work out like wireless internet and need to test everything, but I just wanted to say thank you! :blink::D :D :D

Griff

• 6 years later...

Hi!

Im using a similar computer (Amilo Pro V3505) and he always gives me errors. When i try install iAtkos S3 V2 he dont boot and i was searching for smbios667 but dont appear on the options list.

Thanks for the attencion!

• 3 weeks later...