-Archive- Macefix86 2006 -Archive-

bofors

443 posts in this topic

i'm not sure...

and yes, the shell is there.

how do we boot from the tianocore binaries?

do we need to bless something?

Does anyone know the file that loads up the implementation?

ok i managed to boot the full efi shell from the boot floppy ;) i just created a new floppy image and added shell_full.efi to it, then when i was in quemu i loaded the floppy image and copied shell_full.efi onto the already mounted disk. From there you reboot and choose boot option maintainence and choose boot from a file... pick EFI DISK and choose shell_full.efi

Shell_Full.efi.zip

I can't find anything to boot from the tianocore, the compiled version is for the nt emulator. But I have tried on the intel sample implementaion and the efi shell from tianocore works nice there. I also tried the legacyboot.efi but it requires more files to start up an os. And what i am looking for now is the undi for the marvell network card in the apple and also drivers for the intel sata. I have tried to load radeon.efi but it just crashes.

hey superhai, where did you try loading the legacybios.efi and radeon.efi modules? Tianocore, or the Intel Sample Implementation (aka boot floppy)?

And how do i load the binaries from the Tianocore EDK with the NT emulator?

Thanks,

Urby3

hey superhai, where did you try loading the legacybios.efi and radeon.efi modules? Tianocore, or the Intel Sample Implementation (aka boot floppy)?

And how do i load the binaries from the Tianocore EDK with the NT emulator?

Thanks,

Urby3

I loaded it in the sample implementation. I don't see the point in playing much with the nt emulator. But you need the dll/efi files from the edk then you can load them, but i haven't done it.

sure it's no problem... i think itll be done by monday anyways!

superhai, i'm presuming to get the emulator to work, we need to load dll files in windows? Could you please explain how you would do this?

Thanks!

Urby3

sure it's no problem... i think itll be done by monday anyways!

superhai, i'm presuming to get the emulator to work, we need to load dll files in windows? Could you please explain how you would do this?

To load the nt emulator you load the SecMain application you get after compiling the source. Or the nt32 if you use the intel sample implementation. But the nt emulator is onlyu an emulation of an efi environment, it is much better to use the 'other'.

Just a tip:

If you load the legacyboot.efi from the "new" Tianocore Shell then it should work! I just don't know how to use it because its saying "Too few arguments"! You can load every Program from the EDK with the new Shell...

Just want to say this :offtopic:

No, sorry, I have not tested it yet. I'm really busy both in real life and with this whole efi project.

Alrighty everyone, attached are all the firmware modules from my iMac. Took me a week, but they're all here. (at least i think that's all of them!).

Extremely tiny file, i know!

I have tested them in our test environment 0.1 but some do not load (all the important ones, really!).

I have also used the TianoCore Shell on top of it, but they still do not load.

It should be noted that they give the same exact results (lock up system) when i try loading them normally on my imac using the shell provided with refit.

I'm not sure what this means: it could be that the environments (apple efi and intel sample implementation) must be pretty similar. The shell you use doesn't seem to make a difference.

But apparently, the tianocore environment is different. I say this because in some of his tests, rogabean said the drivers "provided more fruitful results" in the tianocore environment, giving him debug information on why they wouldn't work. I'm not sure what he was using, but the first thing we have to do next is find out. Our current environment 0.1 is of no use to us any longer.

I tried out that emulator that comes with the tianocore edk but i could not get it to even see anything outside of the emulator. This means that i was also unable to load any drivers because i simply couldn't get to them. But using the emulator, it is very plain that it certainly is different from intel's floppy!

I am equally unable to load tianocore by putting it on a real hard drive (even with gpt) or a virtual one.

Superhai, could you elaborate on what you mean by "But the nt emulator is onlyu an emulation of an efi environment, it is much better to use the 'other'."? What other emulator?

Next goal: Find a way to load drivers in a TianoCore environment.

-Urby3

Firmware_Modules.zip

Well, by using the nt environment you can for obvious reasons not access hardware directly, it is a pseudo access. It is great if you have a debugger and want to debug something, as it runs in a protected environment. By other i mean the intels sample implementation which you boot directly from the bios.

Alrighty everyone, attached are all the firmware modules from my iMac. Took me a week, but they're all here. (at least i think that's all of them!).

I have tested them in our test environment 0.1 but some do not load (all the important ones, really!).

I have also used the TianoCore Shell on top of it, but they still do not load.

It should be noted that they give the same exact results (lock up system) when i try loading them normally on my imac using the shell provided with refit.

Thanks for the files. I think they might depend on each other in some way, so you need to load some before others.

I have copied to my intel sample disk, so i will try and see how it works out.

After a day of testing, sbheere and I have decided to create a new release witht the apple efi modules. Also it seems the modules that dont load are hardware specific modules like Ich7MSmmDispatcher.efi as that is a hardware specific kext.

I tested all with the load command in the intel sample implementation and here is the result

YukonEthernet.efi					 Success
AcpiS3Save.efi						Not found
AcpiSupport.efi					   Success
ActiveBios.efi						Unsupported
AppleAirport.efi					  Success
AppleBootBeep.efi					 Success
AppleBootPolicy.efi				   Success
AppleDataHubUpdate.efi				Not found
AppleDebugSupport.efi				 Not found
AppleDiagnosticVault.efi			  INT5 Bound Halt
AppleEvent.efi						INT3 Breakpoint Halt
AppleFirmwareFeatures.efi			 Success			  |
AppleGraphicsPolicy.efi			   Success			  |
AppleHidInterface.efi				 Success			  |One of these corrupted my BIOS config
AppleKeyMapAggregator.efi			 Success			  |
AppleLegacyStartup.efi				Not Found			|
AppleMemoryTest.efi				   Not Found			|
ApplePlatformInfoDB.efi			   Success			  |
ApplePowerState.efi				   Success			  |
AppleRemote.efi					   Success			  |
AppleRtcRam.efi					   Success			  |
AppleSmc.efi						  Success			  |
B6_AcpiPlatform.efi				   INT13 GPF Halt	   |
Bds.efi							   Invalid parameter
BinConvert.efi						Success
BmpConvert.efi						Success
BSDP.efi							  Success
ConPlatform.efi					   Success
ConSplitter.efi					   INT3 Breakpoint Halt
CpuIo.efi							 Success
Crc32SectionExtract.efi			   Success
DataHub.efi						   Success
DataHubStdErr.efi					 Success
DiskIo.efi							Success
DxeIchInit.efi						INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
DxeIchSmbus.efi					   Never completed load
DxeMain.efi						   Never completed load
Ebc.efi							   Success
EfiDevicePathPropertyDatabase.efi	 Success
English.efi						   Success
Fat.efi							   Success
FireWireDevice.efi					Success
FireWireOhci.efi					  Success
FirmwarePassword.efi				  Success
FtwLite.efi						   Never completed load
GraphicsConsole.efi				   Success
HiiDatabase.efi					   Success
Ich7MSmmDispatcher.efi				INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
IchPowerButton.efi					Success
IchS3Save.efi						 INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
IchSpi.efi							INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
IcnsConvert.efi					   Success
IdeBus.efi							Success
IdeController.efi					 Success
IncompatiblePciDevice.ef			  Invalid parameter
IntelIchReset.efi					 INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
IsaBus.efi							Success
IsaSerial.efi						 Success
Legacy8259.efi						Not Found
LegacyBootFS.efi					  Success
LegacyMetronome.efi				   INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
LightPciBusPciBus.efi				 Success
Lpc47N20x.efi						 Success
MonotonicCounter.efi				  Success
MpCpu.efi							 Not Found
NetBootUI.efi						 Success
Partition.efi						 Success
PciHostBridge.efi					 Device Error
PciHotPlug.efi						Success
PciPlatform.efi					   Invalid parameter
PcRtc.efi							 INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
PlatformSetup.efi					 INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
PngConvert.efi						Success
PowerManagement.efi				   INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
Radeon.efi							INT5 Bound Halt
Runtime.efi						   INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
SataController.efi					Success
ScriptSave.efi						Success
SecurityStub.efi					  Invalid parameter
SetupBrowser.efi					  INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
SmartTimer.efi						INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
Smbios.efi							INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
SmbiosMemory.efi					  Not Found
SmbiosMisc.efi						Not Found
SmmAccess.efi						 Unsupported
SmmBase.efi						   INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
SmmControl.efi						INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
SmmPlatform.efi					   INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
SmmThunk.efi						  INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
SNP.efi							   Success
SstSpiFlash.efi					   INT5 BOund Halt
StatusCode.efi						INT6 Invalid Opcode Halt
TargetDiskModeUI.efi				  Success
Terminal.efi						  Success
Uhci.efi							  Success
UnknownBoot.efi					   Success
UsbBot.efi							Success
UsbBus.efi							Success
UsbCbi0.efi						   Success
UsbCbi1.efi						   Success
UsbKb.efi							 Success
UsbMassStorage.efi					Success
UsbMouse.efi						  Success
Variable.efi						  INT5 Bound Halt
WatchDogTimer.efi					 Invalid parameter

And of the most success was the yukonethernet which found my ethernet controller. So i will experiment more with that later.

ok well me and kiko made some progress tonight on the IRC Channel! we have replicated Melvins patches to boot.efi and have started to load the kernel! it crashes fairly quickly though :( we really need to try this on a DVD mounted under Qemu but the HFS Driver doesnt seem to work for me and i cant mount the DVD.

post-2712-1154777812_thumb.png

Yeah i got a bit further just now. but not much

boot.JPG

the reason it aint working is beacuse we have no HFS+ drives hence the no UUID error

when we fix it it should work fine.

well it appears that i was wrong then!

superhai, great work, that's exactly what we needed!

kiko and sbeehre, one of you pm me please. You need to mount a dvd that has a hfs+ FS under qemu? I believe I can help you there. I just want to know first what it is that you're doing. Have you only tried it on your hacked mac installs? What i can do is create a hfs+ image of a clean, real mac install, or we can just use the dvd which i also have. PM me!

Ok, well today i will try and download a Copy of the original Insatll Disc, i will install OS X and try to boot that from the Tianocore Shell, methinks qemu freezes as it cant find any "boot" devices a.k.a HFS+ disks.

ok here is the latest progress with the 10.4.4 Disc! it freezes Qemu though and im pretty much stuck at this point... the only other thing i can think of is trying this on a pc with mac like specs to see if it gets any further, unfortunatly i dont have one atm.

post-2712-1154844499_thumb.jpg

Thanks Urby3, great work!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I tested all with the load command in the intel sample implementation and here is the result

YukonEthernet.efi					 Success
AcpiS3Save.efi						Not found

Great work, but I do not understand the result of "not found". What is "not found"?