Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 driver

aroman

149 posts in this topic

sound's good. I'll contribute where I can, I've been really busy lately but I'm going to start learning programming soon.

good to see this project gaining interest again! :blink:

I just gave up on the Intel wireless card. I had a 3915 a/b/g in mine and just went with a Broadcom instead. I have far fewer problems in windows now and it's supported by OSX. Infact, I no longer have wireless issues in windows. I had so much trouble with the intel one that I just gave it away.

I know it doesn't help with the drivers, but when a fully supported Broadcom MiniPCI card can easily be had for less than $15 it seems like a simple and cheap solution.

Just my two cents...

you seem to have the same laptop I do....could you link me to such a minipci card?

can someone link me to such a card that's not ebay? hehe, thanks.

haha well, I guess I take that back. eBay seems to have the cheapest, I guess I'll go with them this time.

Ebay might be your best bet for the card, but I did get mine directly from Dell.

I was having quite a lot of problems with the intel wireless card and the sent me the Broadcom one free of charge. They even sent some of the little stickers that have your hardware info and updated my hardware listing in their database. This didn't hapen over night, though. I had to suffer though many long hours with the tech support and it took nearly 4 months of dealing with BSODs and reinstals of winders.

The fact that I had that many issues with the intel card is why they sent a new one for free. I don't know how good your "social engineering" skills are or if you can even get them to send you one, but at least you that it is possible. I think it helped that I also got the three year support package and accident coverage. I hope that helps.

my social engeneering skills rock, but they're not good enough to get a different wireless card for an already expired laptop warrentee....

I was actually able to get a new DVD-RW+ drive out of them for free after my warrentee, that's how good I am :(.

but I had reported a problem prior to my warrentee expiring.

also, I bought a atheros mini-pci card off of ebay for 25 bucks, it should work perfectly.

thanks

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

thanks for the hint with the broadcom mini pci card.

i spent 18,95 € (incl. shipping) for mine, quick & easy to insert,

was recognized as airport after first boot without any problem.

the fastest way to get wlan/wifi runnin´..

but anyone else than me having trouble with KisMac?

(deauthenticate, authenticate and reinject packets ain´t possible

..known problem not just for hackintoshs like you can see here..)

after kextload -t /Sys/Lib/Ext/AppleAirPort2.kext

(same with AppleAirPort.kext) terminal spits:

"Executable file doesn´t contain kernel extension code" = true :weep:

anyone readin´ this with a hint for me how to fix that?!

(..i don´t have a clue where to search for working .kexts -

if >>YOU<< have, would be fine you´d pm me :))

I just finished reading the thread, I am very impressed with the development of the driver. I think its a do-able project. I want to cheer future coders who will take upon this task. The community is eager to see a SUPER CODER who are willing to put their time to this development. Many thanks to all who have started and contributed to this driver.

http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist....group_id=147845

and to all that i did not mention.

Tuxx many compliments and salute for your professionalism in your response through out the thread.

Gentle reminder to others: before posting, please read the thread from the beginning

good luck and please keep the project running,

dinokpir

Use rentacoder.com as a platform for your venture - it's exactly what you need for what you are trying to achieve here. I had a project like this here accomplished via rentacoder before, it is 100% safe and transparent for BOTH sides (potential buyer and programmer) no matter where on the planet they are located at. See if you can fill up a monetary pool via rac, too.

Use rentacoder.com as a platform for your venture - it's exactly what you need for what you are trying to achieve here. I had a project like this here accomplished via rentacoder before, it is 100% safe and transparent for BOTH sides (potential buyer and programmer) no matter where on the planet they are located at. See if you can fill up a monetary pool via rac, too.

Yep that would be a great idea.

I think i would also put a few bucks in the bucket.

• 2 weeks later...

He's right,

I had such a card in my ex-laptop, even in windows, i had troubles with connecting to more than one network... Apple choose intel GMA or graphics, intel processor, but NOT @intel pro for wireless, perhaps there is a good reason...I suggest buying a broadcom one, i did it, i spent around 15 euos (20$)...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
This is exactly what i did, and the intel pro 2200 is quite a big card, i mean thick. So i think broadcom ones are thin enought, but take care of the antenna connections, mine had two, and it seems that some mini-pci has only one...

That is the one i bought:

Broadcom 802.11 b/g Wireless Mini-PCI Card-BCM94306MPSG

photo here:

http://i3.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/e3/67/12_1.JPG

it worked perfectly with jas 10.4.6 install (wireless package)

Hello I just took your advise and ordered the same wi-fi card I have an ACER Aspire 5672WLMiwith the intel/pro3945bg. I am running XxX x86 10.4.11 will I need to get a copy of jas 10.4.6 wireless package to make it work? I am kind of new to this. everything works but my DVD player, have the ATI Mobility 1400 so that is a problem, I can live with for now. thx for any help you can give me.

bestman50