iDeneb Delta Upgrade KIT v10.5.8 & iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT v10.5.8

34 posts in this topic

this is how I update my iDeneb 10.5.7 to 5.8. First I made a backup of my extensions folder, than I updated through apple update, just like real mac , of course it didn't boot, so I booted in Windows 7, installed mac drive, opened my os x hdd, deleted extensions, copied and pasted my backed extensions, rebooted my system using any os x DVD, from DVD I repaired hard drive and permission, rebooted again , I chose safe mode -x -f , viola booted into OS X , from OS X I used OSx86 utility to repair extensions/permissions again, rebooted and it works like a charm, video/audio, everything. so try this method.

Ok, I just updated my Dell Latitude D620 from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 using the iDeneb Combo Upgrade Kit... and it works perfectly using ImDude method... first i backed-up my Extensions folder and the run the combo update... after that i just follow every step that ImDude used except boot from DVD...

Thanks

Here's one for ya. I ran the Combo Updater from Ideneb OSX10.5.6 to OSX10.5.8... auto rebooted twice. No ethernet. Restored my Yukon kext and got that working. Everything else seems fine except for one little annoying thing...

When I go to "About this Mac", click on "More Info" my machine crashes when trying to see the details for my GFX card. I can look at everything else, ie: firewire, usb, etc, but as soon as I select Graphics, I get the "You must restart your computer" error. I can live with it as everything is running fine.

What is even more strange is that I actually have the Apple graphics card upgrade which is a Radeon 2600xt. You would think that the OS would just accept it.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Maybe I need a different kext file for it?

this is how I update my iDeneb 10.5.7 to 5.8. First I made a backup of my extensions folder, than I updated through apple update, just like real mac , of course it didn't boot, so I booted in Windows 7, installed mac drive, opened my os x hdd, deleted extensions, copied and pasted my backed extensions, rebooted my system using any os x DVD, from DVD I repaired hard drive and permission, rebooted again , I chose safe mode -x -f , viola booted into OS X , from OS X I used OSx86 utility to repair extensions/permissions again, rebooted and it works like a charm, video/audio, everything. so try this method.

I did it ImDude's way... just without booting back into the DVD... and it worked perfectly! I went from iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 using the combo kit. I have audio/video/mouse/keyboard/ethernet/restart. I tried shutdown and it shuts everything off, but does not power down the system. I'll look into that. Also my USB is kind of messing up... it doesn't want to mount my USB drives or flash drives. Hmm... something else I'll be looking into. :wacko:

So, it seems that when the system updates using the iDeneb updates, something in the /Extensions gets lost and messes things up. So... just in case... backup your /Extensions folder using:

sudo cp -rf /System/Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions_old

...and everything should be ok. And I had also never heard of MacDrive before! That is an awesome tool to have and it works with my Windows 7 64-bit! Sweet! Thanks for you guys help. :P

• 1 month later...
I did it ImDude's way... just without booting back into the DVD... and it worked perfectly! I went from iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 using the combo kit. I have audio/video/mouse/keyboard/ethernet/restart. I tried shutdown and it shuts everything off, but does not power down the system. I'll look into that. Also my USB is kind of messing up... it doesn't want to mount my USB drives or flash drives. Hmm... something else I'll be looking into. :thumbsup_anim:

So, it seems that when the system updates using the iDeneb updates, something in the /Extensions gets lost and messes things up. So... just in case... backup your /Extensions folder using:

sudo cp -rf /System/Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions_old

...and everything should be ok. And I had also never heard of MacDrive before! That is an awesome tool to have and it works with my Windows 7 64-bit! Sweet! Thanks for you guys help. :thumbsup_anim:

Hi all,

Excuse my ignorance but can someone please point me in the direction of the ImDude method.

Thanks

G.

Hi all,

Excuse my ignorance but can someone please point me in the direction of the ImDude method.

Thanks

G.

Apologies, I see it now.

I have no graphics at all after the 10.5.8 iDeneb Delta Update.

Nvidia GeForce 7600 GO in Toshiba Satellite P100.

When I press the power button and then R the machine restarts, so the OS itself is responsive. It is just that there is no graphical UI at all.

I applied my 10.5.7 Extensions backup --> same thing, so it seems to be something outside the Extensions folder (Framebuffer? OpenGL?).

Does anybody have an idea, or experience with this 10.5.8 update NVidia graphics bug?

Thanks,

Bugs

• 2 weeks later...

This is how I upgraded from Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.8. First I did a fresh install of 10.5.2 and then downloaded iDeneb 10.5.7 Combo Update. For some reason, every time I tried installing the update, it would freeze at around 41 or 42% rendering Mac OS unusable. I couldn't even get it to go into safe mode :wallbash: Finally, I installed a clean version of Kalyway, booted into safe mode and installed 10.5.7. Worked like a charm! I followed the installation guides from the posts, rebooted twice and was up and running with 10.5.7. For 10.5.8, all I did was download the Delta update from Apple. I installed Disabler.kext and dsmos.kext using OSX86Tools, rebooted, and backed up my Extensions folder. I performed the update, opened OSX86Tools and did the following: >>> Check repair permissions >>> Set kext permissions >>> Clear extensions cache >>> Restart. After reboot I had 10.5.8! All I had to do after that was copy my backed up Extensions folder into the existing Extensions folder to fix some minor issues such as slow internet and errors under System Profile where it was showing I only had 3.25 gigs of ram installed. Also, to fix the issue with System profile where it gives an error under Hardware Overview all I did was replace the SPPlatformReporter.spreporter file under the SystemProfiler folder. I must say I am thoroughly enjoying my 10.5.8 with full HD resolution on a GTX 260 video card with everything enabled. :wacko:

System specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ running at 2.53 GHz

4 gigs of OCZ DDR ram

K8N Platinum SLI motherboard

BFG GeForce GTX 260 896 mb ram video card

24" HP w2338H monitor