10.5.8 sleep problem

MMMoUsE

22 posts in this topic

1. create a DSDT.aml patch with HPET and copy it to root.

2. delete any disabler kext - also from mkext in extra with mkexttool, to load the 10.5.8 AppleIntelCpuPowermangment.kext

3. sleep works again

please expand on your instructions here, i don't know how to create the dsdt, i read about it a bit, but got stuck, and i don't know what you're talking about in item 2.

please expand on your instructions here, i don't know how to create the dsdt, i read about it a bit, but got stuck, and i don't know what you're talking about in item 2.

there are tons of informations about dsdt in this forum - search for fassl´s patcher. de/installing kexts is basic knowledge

searchengine http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=00948655...297:e41g72sr-ba

The easy way to do it is to use PCWIZ Patcher GUI then move that dsdt to the root of your Hard disk. Sleep, Restart and Shutdown works like a charm with AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext running without disabler.kext.

The easy way to do it is to use PCWIZ Patcher GUI then move that dsdt to the root of your Hard disk. Sleep, Restart and Shutdown works like a charm with AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext running without disabler.kext.

Same here, no sleep or shutdown (sleep never worked, but shutdown did.) and I still don't know how to do it after some searching. Some exact instructions would be very much appreciated. ( I know you tried above...we're just not that advanced, or at least I'm not.)

confirm sleep working after deleting disabler.kext and IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext from S/L/E and S/Extra/Extension/

I also have dsdt.aml installed in root using DSDTPatchGUI by PCWIZ.

installation: Retail 10.5.6 with 10.5.8 combo update

motherboard: P35 DS3L

You remind me of this guy:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1187549

Downloading something on the internet can hardly be considered advanced.

Go grab DSDTPatcher GUI from PCWiz' website and try it out. Read the docs.

If you have specific questions after doing that, post again.

I'll try not to take offense to that seeing as how I asked nicely.

And yes I can probably download, but let me go search on how to do that first.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I am having some sleep issues, too. Gigabyte EP35-DS3P Board, Q6600 CPU. I was on iPC 10.5.6, updated to 10.5.8 (combo), deleted disabler.kext (in S/L/E and Extras) and AppleCPUPowermanagement.kext, patched the DSDT.aml with GUI Tool, have OpenHaltRestart.kext installed... No Go. I use ChameleonRC2 and checked the GraphicsEnabler in installation - maybe thats the cause??? Maybe theres a conflict between that and my original GFX String in the boot...plist???n Ill have a look - if anyone has some extra help: thanks.

Hi!

deleted disabler.kext (in S/L/E and Extras) and AppleCPUPowermanagement.kext

it doesn´t work without loaded AppleCPUPowermanagement.kext

that´s actually the reason you have to use the patched dsdt without disabler :mellow:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm using iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite with Asus P1-P5945GC, everything works flawless except sleep.

Removed Disabler.kext, couldn't find S/Extra/Extension/ because it is not present in this version, patched DSDT with the GUI tool.

When I send computer into sleep it goes down as it should do, but then instantly wakes up again and then restart and shutdown are not working any more.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

• 5 months later...

HI i really dont know how to use forums but i need help. I cant get sleep at all, i have iatkos 10.5.7 updated to 10.5.8 installed on my computer. My computer is a fujitsu lifebook n6420 with 4 gigs of ram, intel core 2 duo, 200 gig hard drive, ati mobility x1400 graphics, which i found on a forum here, they were modified kexts already which work amazingly. I have a intel 3945 card which a guy on a website project camphor has made so that it is recognized as airport but not wep/wpa. Ive tried alot 4 sleep, right now i have sleepenabler.kext,voodoousbehci.kect, a modded iousbfamily.kext and OHR.kext. I dont know what else i have to do, when i close my lid and open it after a few seconds i see that its black and my internet stops working but everything else is still working. Also if i tried press sleep from the apple menu it just freezes and the screen doesnt even turn off so i dont know how or what to do. Please if someone can help me that would be amazing. Im not sure if i should put my email here so i wont but if anybody can help me or even use ichats screen sharing to show me the way id be so greatful. Thanks to all who try help me.