10.5.8 deep sleep problem?

bolly

274 posts in this topic

Nice Work!

Sleep seems to work now so I enabled my Firewire (installed iopcardfamily.kext)

So now I have this!

Aug 13 09:17:07 Admins-MacBookPro kernel[0]: FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)

Aug 13 09:17:07 Admins-MacBookPro kernel[0]: FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1217 ID f7 built-in now active, GUID 00030d0000000000; max speed s400.

Admins-MacBookPro kernel[0]: PCI sleep prevented by AppleFWOHCI (5)

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::setPowerState(0x3829000, 0 -> 1) timed out after 59145 ms

Any Idea?

Notebook L50II3 simil AmiloPi1505/Hasee/Olivetti/ ICH7 / 2GB DDR / Intel CoreDuo T 2080 1.73ghz / GMA950

Chameleon 2 / VooodoPS2 / VoodooUSBEHCI / 10.5.8 upgraded afer Retail 10.5.7 install / DSDT.aml with new HPET / SMBIOS.plist moded to MacBookPro1,1

@pista7

Thanks for your work and sharing the source. I removed the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext, rebootet and loaded your kext via kextload along with voodoopower.kext. Sleep works well :D

Using voodoopower.kext i now have IDLE CPU temps down to 25 degrees C! Really amazing. I haven't tried autoloading the kext yet, but i guess it does work.

Ok, here's the autostarting version - hopefully I haven't broken anything (blind-coding again :D )

Make really really sure you test that it loads successfully before putting it to an Extensions directory, as it would most likely make your system unbootable if it panics or something (it gets loaded even before you get to the single-user prompt with -s, so in case it blows up, you'll have to boot from a DVD/different partition).

Also, I can't say what would happen if both AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and this on would be loaded at the same time - most likely nothing, but better avoid trying this at home :D Make sure you have disabler.kext or a similar kext up and running.

It works for me on a EP35-DS3 but if I leave a USB memory in (from which I boot) when the machine goes to sleep (from apple menu) OS X complains about device removal on waking up.

Cheers,

Emil

It works for me on a EP35-DS3 but if I leave a USB memory in (from which I boot) when the machine goes to sleep (from apple menu) OS X complains about device removal on waking up.

Cheers,

Emil

Have a look at: FIX: USB or SD Card reader that doesn't correctly unmount before going to sleep here:

Do you have problems when your computer wakes from sleep?

:D

Only good reports here... except me :D

Also, I can't say what would happen if both AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and this on would be loaded at the same time - most likely nothing, but better avoid trying this at home :D Make sure you have disabler.kext or a similar kext up and running.

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext causes kernel panic if SleepEnabler presents

"i386_pmGetDeadline: Nullpointer" ... "/pmDispatch.c:109"

Without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement I can't enter desktop because ACPI subsystem depends on it.

Any way normally I works with both AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and GenericCPUPowerManagement without Disabler.kext

22 0 0x2ecfd000 0x1f000 0x1e000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (76.2.0)

94 0 0x53557000 0xa000 0x9000 com.superhai.driver.GenericCPUPowerManagement (1.1.2)

Dell Inspiron 1525 Core2Duo T8300 System 10.5.8 vanilla kernel.

Without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement I can't enter desktop because ACPI subsystem depends on it.

Any way normally I works with both AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and GenericCPUPowerManagement without Disabler.kext

Get VoodooPower.kext --> http://superhai.com/darwin.html

Keep Disabler.kext

Errrr... I can see no reason why you'd use the SleepEnabler.kext if you have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement running. The only thing SpeedEnabler.kext does is that it provides (empty) implementation for a callback required by the 9.8.0 kernel to sleep. If you have AppleIntelCPUPM running, it already provides a (probably correct) implementation of this callback (which is why it was used as a workaround for this issue in the first place). Running both causes them to fight for the callback registration, and since there is no check in the kernel preventing duplicate registration, the last kext to register wins - yielding an unstable system.

Have a look at this thread: http://forums.msiwind.net/osx-software/sol...ues-t11680.html

It is explained how to unload and then load back the airport card. I don't know if it can solve your problem. It uses sleepwatcher to unload before sleep and then load after sleep.

Thanks, Thireus.

It is my office time right now. I will try it when I get home.

You are so nice ;)

Great it's working for me :D

I have updated my archive here: Some fixes for your MacOS 10.5.8 install

(Read this article if you have installed my previous Sleep Fix versions: Sleep fix for 10.5.8 - Final release? ;))

I just tried the "delete Disabler.kext from Extensions and Extensions.mkext" with no success. I want to try you SleepEnabler.kext, but I'm wondering do I need to get Disabler.kext back first? Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated!

Ok, here's the autostarting version - hopefully I haven't broken anything (blind-coding again :P)

Make really really sure you test that it loads successfully before putting it to an Extensions directory, as it would most likely make your system unbootable if it panics or something (it gets loaded even before you get to the single-user prompt with -s, so in case it blows up, you'll have to boot from a DVD/different partition).

Thanks Pista7 for brilliant Solution, Sleep, Wake up works fine.

Auto Sleep doesn't work just like 10.5.7

Guest Snowski

I have those loaded, no issues.

Just use OSX86 tools or your prefered method for kext install & install all 3 at a time, then reboot into a sleepable OS ;)

I have those loaded, no issues.

Just use OSX86 tools or your prefered method for kext install & install all 3 at a time, then reboot into a sleepable OS ;)

Dopeness. Thanks! About to make this happen...

Theoretically, would I be able to install all 3 kexts at the same time? (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, Disabler & SleepEnabler) Or does one need to go before the other?

Yes. Because Disabler kills AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement ;) & SleepEnabler makes sleep working.

Install these 3 kext at the same time and everything will be fine.

Edit: Thanks Snowski :) you are faster :D

Ok, here's the autostarting version - hopefully I haven't broken anything (blind-coding again ;))

Also, I can't say what would happen if both AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and this on would be loaded at the same time - most likely nothing, but better avoid trying this at home :) Make sure you have disabler.kext or a similar kext up and running.

Works great here without Disabler.kext and with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Great work mate!

Using this ini conjunction with Stig_dk's hibernate fix on Chameleon RC2 (r640) (LINK:http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,562.0.html) gives me working hibernation and a nifty preview when resuming from hibernation. No more "WAKE KERNEL!" black screen!

God bless the hackintosh community~

Well I installed all 3, rebooted, clicked Sleep and... the screen goes black, the cpu thinks for a second then the power just stays on and the screen is black. If I move the mouse or push a key, it pops right back up. Am I missing something or is this really "sleep" mode? I thought the power turned off...

Guest Snowski
Using this ini conjunction with Stig_dk's hibernate fix on Chameleon RC2 (r640)

Stig_dk's Hibernate fix for Chameleon ey? would that also fix the sleep issue (doesnt work) with Win 7?

@ Reeg, are we talking Leo 10.5.8 here? because I see 10.5.5 in your isg

Well I installed all 3, rebooted, clicked Sleep and... the screen goes black, the cpu thinks for a second then the power just stays on and the screen is black. If I move the mouse or push a key, it pops right back up. Am I missing something or is this really "sleep" mode? I thought the power turned off...

Hum... :/

Can you see any SleepEnabler when you type into the terminal:

sudo kextstat

- If you don't see any SleepEnabler, then your kext is not loaded... check the Console and filter for "SleepEnabler" to see what happened. Also try to install once again SleepEnabler with Kext Helper.

- If you do, then delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from your /System/Library/Extensions folder and reboot... but Disabler should do the trick to kill this kext...

Check that you have the right SleepEnabler version!!! You can download my archive if you are not sure, or go back to the previous page (the latest version is at the end of the page, LAST POST!).