10.5.8 Update Fixed Netflix Problem for me

MK500

4 posts in this topic

I have been having the 4-digit errors right as the video should begin to play on Netflix streaming. I tried every solution I could find here, but hadn't gotten it to work on any of my Hackintoshes.

I just used Software Update to install 10.5.8 over my 10.5.7 Retail install using Chameleon 2.0 RC2 r640. I have about 20 kexts in my /Extra/Extensions directory for my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P. It was a very painless install. I did verbose boot, and it took two boots. I made no changes afterward.

Now my Netflix is streaming beautifully. I notice in System Profile under Hardware Overview, I now show a Hardware UUID number at the very bottom. I don't believe I had this before.

Also, the machine feels snappier. Maybe just the kext reload or whatever, but I'm loving this update so far.

I have been having the 4-digit errors right as the video should begin to play on Netflix streaming. I tried every solution I could find here, but hadn't gotten it to work on any of my Hackintoshes.

I just used Software Update to install 10.5.8 over my 10.5.7 Retail install using Chameleon 2.0 RC2 r640. I have about 20 kexts in my /Extra/Extensions directory for my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P. It was a very painless install. I did verbose boot, and it took two boots. I made no changes afterward.

Now my Netflix is streaming beautifully. I notice in System Profile under Hardware Overview, I now show a Hardware UUID number at the very bottom. I don't believe I had this before.

Also, the machine feels snappier. Maybe just the kext reload or whatever, but I'm loving this update so far.

Hmmm, Not so well for me with the 10.5.8 update, same motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P with 8gig of ram. The update killed my audio, but easy to fix by just reloading the kexts. Wha

t's not so clear as to why neither of the motherboard Ethernet ports will not pass traffic. System Preferences-> Network shows link but a self-assigned IP address and cannot get a DHCP lease. Static addressing same thing, link but no traffic (verified with tcpdump). Linksys router is working fine for everything else. Something happened with the update and not sure how to fix it. The distro I'm using is iPC 10.5.6, and took the 10.5.7 update just fine, with maybe the exception of sound.

What distro did you use, any special kexts? Anyone, any ideas?

Yea i now have a hardware UUID and is was not there before haha.

but i will have to try out the netflix thing. i havent even tried streaming to my comp yet. i just do it to my xbox haha