Airport Mini N PCI-E Native recognition and installation on Laptop

Haze295

2 posts in this topic

I'm hoping just someone on here can help me out. I have everything working on my laptop with the exception of my wireless card (4965 Intel). I've searched this forum over and over and I've seen success and failure with this idea.

I read that mini pci-e Airports do in fact work in laptops and that people have found adaptors for pci-e so desktops can use them. My questions really follow below...

1. can you achieve wireless N and if so which model do you guys recommend (Ebay link if possible)

2. I have read about the antennas and how the Mac does not use all the antennas (I have 3 last time I checked) I found an old post about how someone figured out which ones but I can't remember.

3. The last old post I found was a discussion where someone put a Pro card in their laptop but it wouldn't turn on (due to hacked drivers vs pro drivers). Is this still an issue and if so what driver would I have to change?

I don't plan on dual booting and this will strictly be a Hackintosh.

PS if anyone can help through this whole thing I have no problem PAYING you for your time. (not kidding)