Illustrated PDF: Vanilla OSX 10.5 on the Asrock ION 330 NetTop - NB: NOT for Pro or HD versions

shoarthing

323 posts in this topic

Can this do any video editing at all? Only light stuff, but still.

I am interested in selling my black MacBook for around £500 and buying one of these.

If not, then does anyone know any good, cheap, mini pcs that can video edit to a half decent standard with fully working osx drivers.

Cheers

Can this do any video editing at all? Only light stuff, but still.

I am interested in selling my black MacBook for around £500 and buying one of these.

If not, then does anyone know any good, cheap, mini pcs that can video edit to a half decent standard with fully working osx drivers.

Cheers

It's not a good idea to use ion to do video editing.

I suggest you build a mini pc yourself.

Case: Travla C138 (very compact)

Mobo: Zotac 9300 itx

CPU: Intel Celeron E3200 or higher

Optional: Low profile graphic card

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

i hope anyone can help me. I owned an Ion 330 now and start to use this manual for installing osx leo. I made it straight to this manual and now havin a big problem. When i install the Chameleon, he always brings an error with the installation.

So i can´t override the kext files because some of them are not written to the disk.

Please help me anyone with this Problem

Best regards

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everybody,

i hope anyone can help me. I owned an Ion 330 now and start to use this manual for installing osx leo. I made it straight to this manual and now havin a big problem. When i install the Chameleon, he always brings an error with the installation.

So i can´t override the kext files because some of them are not written to the disk.

Please help me anyone with this Problem

Best regards

Daniel

If you have a look around the forums there is an .pkg installer for Chameleon RC3. I was having the same issue with installation failing RC3 seemed to fix it.

I hate to post here since I have the Zotac ION, but I'm so close to getting it perfect and no one is really responding to my other posts. If I really can't be in here with this, then let me know and I'll take it out.

Okay, if I use OpenHaltRestart, I can't shutdown or restart. I don't know if I can sleep, because I didn't test with SleepEnabler and OpenHaltRestart, but I couldn't sleep with OpenHaltRestart anyway. Without OpenHaltRestart, I can shutdown, but restart and sleep didn't work. Then I added SleepEnabler, and now I can sleep, but I still can't restart. Also when I go to wake from sleep, if I click the mouse to do it, the mouse will not work. It is plugged into the hub of my apple keyboard, and the only way to get the mouse to work again is to unplug the keyboard, and plug it back in. If I just unplug the mouse from the keyboard, then the tracking beam blinks on and off, and the keyboard stops working. These are the only issues I have left! (I think).

I hate to post here since I have the Zotac ION, but I'm so close to getting it perfect and no one is really responding to my other posts. If I really can't be in here with this, then let me know and I'll take it out.
. . yes: this is a threadcrap & bugger-all to do with the Asrock ION 330

I have just spent twenty minutes writing you a third detailed PM - presumably also & again a thankless task.

There have been over 300 downloads of this *.pdf in the week it has been up here, & not one single thankyou or positive contribution of any kind; just your & the 2 preceeding threadcraps.

Sorry, Thanks for the PDF it will be very help full.

And by the way This

'Yes installing snow easy to do on the ASROCK 330.'and This

'So you follow the guide in the exact same way just use the Snow Leopard Install DVD rather than the Leopard one?'

is not threadcrap because it is related to your PDF Guide, so deserves to be in this thread.

Thanks again.

. . yes: this is a threadcrap & bugger-all to do with the Asrock ION 330

I have just spent twenty minutes writing you a third detailed PM - presumably also & again a thankless task.

There have been over 300 downloads of this *.pdf in the week it has been up here, & not one single thankyou or positive contribution of any kind; just your & the 2 preceeding threadcraps.

I thought I did say thank you in one PM, but anyway, I did say how amazing I thought you were in another thread, and I've name dropped you in most of my posts concerning ION projects, although that might be bad. Anyway, I certainly wouldn't have been able to get as far as I have without what you've done to work from, so thank you. And even though this is the Asrock ION thread, it also has been helpful to me: the tip about not using OpenHaltRestart got me working shutdown finally, so thanks to everyone in here. Alright that ought to cover it.

Hello

Thank you very much for the guide..

I have followed it from point to point and double checked but the only problem I have at the moment:

is to get the graphics working..

Screen:

leoion.png

Any suggestions?

Edit:

Image size and

Translation:

Programvara - Software

Av - Off

Stöds inte - Not supported

Hi!

First: thank you very mutch for this guide!

I got a Asrock and install Mac OSX 10.5.6 on it - it works.

but i get strange Grafikbugs when i move a Windows ore scroll in in Firefox, so i can'T work..

Anybody got simular erros? should i install 10.5.8?

Hello

Thank you very much for the guide..

I have followed it from point to point and double checked but the only problem I have at the moment:

is to get the graphics working..

Screen:

leoion.png

Any suggestions?

Edit:

Image size and

Translation:

Programvara - Software

Av - Off

Stöds inte - Not supported

I have the same problem, Is it the graphiccard who cause problem?;) (Har du löst din fråga OneDee?)

I have the same problem, Is it the graphiccard who cause problem?:) (Har du löst din fråga OneDee?)

Try tweaking the memory settings in the BIOS for the 9400 chip. The default setting is auto if I recall. Try setting it to a hard setting like 256 or 512.

If that doesn't work I could send you a different DSDT to try.

Have you tried MKV's in Plex?

Plex has a multi-threaded decoder for h264, so it may help to use the 10.5.6 kernel and turn HT on.

I had 720P MKV's working smoothly in Plex with HT on, but VLC was very choppy.

Even with HT on, 1080P would be choppy in Plex and totally unwatchable in VLC. I would love to see if OC'ing would fix this as Plex seems so close to working, but the Zotac ION system I had on hand has no provisions for OC.

-cj

I have the fans set to auto. At 2.2Ghz its rock solid.

The boot loader is Chameleon 2

I have also installed Win7 and XP and ran similar tests and yeah with the right codec pack it handles 1080p content and quite a few games like the new Wolfenstein, UTIII, etc and it does a commendable job.

I've been able to playback 1080p trailers downloaded from the apple site and they play beautifully but am having issues playing back MP4 and MKV packaged 1080p content without dropping just enough frames to have it be unacceptable.

Thanks to Shoarthing's detail research, attached files and PDF guide,

and others help ( esp cpus=1 and BIOS enable setting to avoid reboot ),

now I have succeed install 10.5.8 with 10.5.6 kernal, dual core,

thanks ! it replace my old Eeebox B204.

I upgrade to 4G ram, overclock to 2Ghz, 512M for graphic memory,

running for 3 days no problem.

after succeed install, I use a patch to install 10.5.6 to MBR partition so I can dual boot with Win7.

For 1080p MKV, with Plex and XBMC, still choppy.

with VLC, i found a guild to skip frame so you can play it smoothly,

I tried and succeed, but I have overclock to 2.0, dont know 1.6Ghz works ?

VLC with 1080p MKV

BTW, I use OSX86Tools, and it has an item called QuartzGL Enable/Disable,

the default is Disable, after I enable it, it seems improved the play,

maybe you can try to enable it.

I use External USB Dac for sound output, so SPDIF or sound output for me is less iportant,

Now the only thing left for me is "sleep/awake" function.

But still many thanks for Shoarthings, thanks a lot ! Great job !

Try tweaking the memory settings in the BIOS for the 9400 chip. The default setting is auto if I recall. Try setting it to a hard setting like 256 or 512.

If that doesn't work I could send you a different DSDT to try.

I have tried to change the graphic memory from 256 to 512, but i have the same problem. Can you send me a different DSDT? Thanks