Atheros AR5007EG

21 posts in this topic

I have installed iAtkos v7 on my Acer Laptop but I can't get any Internet! I need the internet in Mac OS X. Thier is no drivers on the DVD so I tried to install my Mobile Broadband that is Orange and it installed orange mobile broadband and I click connect on the application and nothing happens. It says connecting and the next minute the connect options still thier with no internet!

Can someone help me?

yep I have it to work with this fix.

Well we cant say we get 100% working there is some issues but, it works!!!!

See here for more detail!

I am really needing the internet here but I am new to OSx86 and i need help! I don't understand that thread plus I would need someone to explain it in this thread or give a link to a thread I can understand. Plus the Airport update won't install because I am using 10.5.7 plus I don't understand that thread on what is going off in it. I NEED HELP! EASY HELP!

Ok lets begin

Download this file OVER HERE

Copy IO80211Family.kext to /system/library/extensions

then open terminal you can find it in Applications/Utilities folder

open terminal and type exactly like here

sudo -s (press enter, this will ask you to type your passrd type and press enter)

then chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext (press enter)

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext (enter again)

touch /System/Library/Extensions (and enter)

1º part is now completed

2º part download This APP

you need this app because airport dosent scan by it self if someone find it how to work I will be thankfully

then open it befor you anyfing go to Wireless Scanner menu slect preferences then Driver tab

select Apple AirPort Extreme Card Passive mode and click add

close the app and reboot

3º part

when you reboot this menu will apear

open system preferences click network and the airport simbol will apear

lauch Wireless Scanner then click scan

if you dont see any networks reboot, reboot, reboot

keep trying until it works

more detail in HERE

some pictures

PS: If the driver dosent load boot in single user (-s at darwin bootloader) then type:

kextload -t /system/library/extensions/IO80211Family.kext

post-322527-1249516121_thumb.png

post-322527-1249516607_thumb.png

Ok lets begin

Download this file OVER HERE

Copy IO80211Family.kext to /system/library/extensions

then open terminal you can find it in Applications/Utilities folder

open terminal and type exactly like here

sudo -s (press enter, this will ask you to type your passrd type and press enter)

then chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext (press enter)

1�‚º part is now completed

2�‚º part download This APP

you need this app because airport dosent scan by it self if someone find it how to work I will be thankfully

then open it befor you anyfing go to Wireless Scanner menu slect preferences then Driver tab

select Apple AirPort Extreme Card Passive mode and click add

close the app and reboot

3�‚º part

when you reboot this menu will apear

open system preferences click network and the airport simbol will apear

lauch Wireless Scanner then click scan

if you dont see any networks reboot, reboot, reboot

keep trying until it works

more detail in HERE

some pictures

PS: If the driver dosent load boot in single user (-s at darwin bootloader) then type:

kextload -t /system/library/extensions/IO80211Family.kext

I tried all that and it doesn't work. All it does is when I do everthing in the guide and go to System Preferences, network there is nothing thier. No Airport or what! Can you help me from here?

I tried all that and it doesn't work. All it does is when I do everthing in the guide and go to System Preferences, network there is nothing thier. No Airport or what! Can you help me from here?

did you repair permissions??

if dosent open terminal

type:

sudo -s

diskutil repairpermissions /

do you download that app??

Thats normal

AirPort cant find any networks so with that app will find it for you

Download KisMAC Wireless Scanner Atheros

"you need this app because airport dosent scan by it self if someone find it how to work I will be thankfully

select Apple AirPort Extreme Card Passive mode and click add"

One more thins do you have DualBoot??

If you have make sure that you have the wireless card turned on!!!!!!!!

Ok! now I sorted it out. Wireless Scanner comes up with my network. I tried to connect to it by double clicking it in Wireless Scanner and it comes up with stuff on my network like the other 2 computers, printer and nintendo wii. I click the airport icon on the status bar of the top of the screen and my network isn't thier as at the sametime in Wireless Scanner it is thier! Can you help me here?

Ok! now I sorted it out. Wireless Scanner comes up with my network. I tried to connect to it by double clicking it in Wireless Scanner and it comes up with stuff on my network like the other 2 computers, printer and nintendo wii. I click the airport icon on the status bar of the top of the screen and my network isn't thier as at the sametime in Wireless Scanner it is thier! Can you help me here?

I will see what I can do.

Ok I think I found the solution!

This will take a little of work!

Firt install This Update

Has I seen U have the 10.5.7 of Mac OS X to do this update you must have the 10.5.5 version. You dont need unistall the update, lets cheat the install program to make it recognise as 10.5.5.

Open Terminal and type:

sudo nano /system/library/coreservices/systemversion.plist (hit enter)

change the values 10.5.7 to 10.5.5 change all the values you found.

Install that Update

CAUTION!!! This will delete the Atheros Driver so backup the IO80211Family.kext in the Extensions Folder!!! Make a copy of the file!

Next install the Update, in the end DONT REBOOT DONT CLICK ON REBOOT BUTTON!!!!!

Install the backup of the IO80211Family.kext and open terminal type

now you can reboot

Lauch Wireless Scanner.app and try to scan.

Keep trying!

I tried the above and it KisMAC just doesn't want to start?

I click Start Scan and it loads the Driver then it does nothing?! Justs goes back to where i press Start Scan:

screenshot17e.png

I do have the correct driver chosen!:

screenshot24.png

I am running iDeneb v1.4 (updated to 10.5.8). Atheros AR5007EG:

• Dev ID = 168C
  • Ven ID = 001C

And in the info.plist it has my card listed already so it should work? <string>pci168c,1c</string>

screenshot18i.png

And The Wireless is Detected so...?

screenshot19g.png

Here is Information about my Wireless card:

screenshot20b.png

It shows the Airport icon yellow in System Prefs:

screenshot21.png

Here is what i get when i run ifconfig en1:

screenshot22r.png

Using the DPCI Manager I get this information:

screenshot23.png

I hope this is enough information/screenshots to let you know where im at =D

Please find out whats going wrong please :( I have been trying to get this to work for over a year and some nock off attempts made me get it work (even in 10.5.8!!!) but then after reboot it all fails =[

Although my ethernet works, i want to get my wireless working so i can be mobile with my laptop :)

Oh btw every time i boot i get Kernel panic, so i try your method and boot with Single User Mode (-s) and then manually load the IO80211Family.kext and then exit it (to boot up), then i can login.

I am running the bootloader Chameleon RC2.

I am dual booting Mac along side Windows 7 RC1.

Thanks

- Bass

I tried the above and it KisMAC just doesn't want to start?

I click Start Scan and it loads the Driver then it does nothing?! Justs goes back to where i press Start Scan:

screenshot17e.png

I do have the correct driver chosen!:

screenshot24.png

I am running iDeneb v1.4 (updated to 10.5.8). Atheros AR5007EG:

• Dev ID = 168C
  • Ven ID = 001C

And in the info.plist it has my card listed already so it should work? <string>pci168c,1c</string>

screenshot18i.png

And The Wireless is Detected so...?

screenshot19g.png

Here is Information about my Wireless card:

screenshot20b.png

It shows the Airport icon yellow in System Prefs:

screenshot21.png

Here is what i get when i run ifconfig en1:

screenshot22r.png

Using the DPCI Manager I get this information:

screenshot23.png

I hope this is enough information/screenshots to let you know where im at =D

Please find out whats going wrong please ^_^ I have been trying to get this to work for over a year and some nock off attempts made me get it work (even in 10.5.8!!!) but then after reboot it all fails =[

Although my ethernet works, i want to get my wireless working so i can be mobile with my laptop :blink:

Oh btw every time i boot i get Kernel panic, so i try your method and boot with Single User Mode (-s) and then manually load the IO80211Family.kext and then exit it (to boot up), then i can login.

I am running the bootloader Chameleon RC2.

I am dual booting Mac along side Windows 7 RC1.

Thanks

- Bass

Ok try THIS APP

Its the same as Wireless Scanner.app

Wireless Scanner is based in KisMAC, but more stable.

Right ok i tried doing that but KisMAC just freezes when i try to load it, i click start, it loads the driver and then does a really slow scan basically crashing the system until i click stop scan.

I noticed whilst it was like that the airport icon was active:

screenshot70.png

I also attempted a go from running KisMAC as root but that didnt work either:

screenshot71.png

Is it me or is it saying 1603:10b ??? :S Maybe we can add that to the info.plist?? like:

<string>pci1603, 10b</string> and if that dont work we can try <string>pci10b, 1603</string> Because i noticed that sometimes when their backwards it works?

From my previous screenshots im not sure why DPCI recognizes my card as an AR5006EG when it is actually AR5007EG??

And also system profiler thinks my card is (168C, 428) When it really is (168C, 1C)??

Thanks, happy to try other stuff :)

EDIT: I noticed that i cannot turn off the Airport, i click turn off, it stays highlighted for a while then remains turned on? :S

EDIT 2: KisMAC is now scanning after changing the info.plist in AirportAtheros.kext to:

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci1603, 10b</string>

<string>pci168c,1c</string>

<string>pci168c,428</string>

</array>

But it doesn't find no networks??? :S

EDIT 3: YES!!!!!!!!!!! I noticed something weird about <string>pci1603, 10b</string> so i changed it to <string>pci1603,10b</string> so there was no spaces, installed it with kext helper, repaired extension permisions, clear extension cache, then touched extension folder and restarted.

I login, open KisMAC and bam! wireless networks appeared:

screenshot73.png

And i am now connected to a WPA secured network =D:

screenshot74b.png

EDIT 4: I noticed that when i turn off Airport and turn it back on i cannot find no networks until i run KisMAC again?

EDIT 5: I restarted and it doesn't work no more :( KisMAC doesn't want to start, and Airport cant turn off so maybe thats a connection??

Right ok i tried doing that but KisMAC just freezes when i try to load it, i click start, it loads the driver and then does a really slow scan basically crashing the system until i click stop scan.

I noticed whilst it was like that the airport icon was active:

screenshot70.png

I also attempted a go from running KisMAC as root but that didnt work either:

screenshot71.png

Is it me or is it saying 1603:10b ??? :S Maybe we can add that to the info.plist?? like:

<string>pci1603, 10b</string> and if that dont work we can try <string>pci10b, 1603</string> Because i noticed that sometimes when their backwards it works?

From my previous screenshots im not sure why DPCI recognizes my card as an AR5006EG when it is actually AR5007EG??

And also system profiler thinks my card is (168C, 428) When it really is (168C, 1C)??

Thanks, happy to try other stuff ;)

EDIT: I noticed that i cannot turn off the Airport, i click turn off, it stays highlighted for a while then remains turned on? :S

EDIT 2: KisMAC is now scanning after changing the info.plist in AirportAtheros.kext to:

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci1603, 10b</string>

<string>pci168c,1c</string>

<string>pci168c,428</string>

</array>

But it doesn't find no networks??? :S

EDIT 3: YES!!!!!!!!!!! I noticed something weird about <string>pci1603, 10b</string> so i changed it to <string>pci1603,10b</string> so there was no spaces, installed it with kext helper, repaired extension permisions, clear extension cache, then touched extension folder and restarted.

I login, open KisMAC and bam! wireless networks appeared:

screenshot73.png

And i am now connected to a WPA secured network =D:

screenshot74b.png

EDIT 4: I noticed that when i turn off Airport and turn it back on i cannot find no networks until i run KisMAC again?

EDIT 5: I restarted and it doesn't work no more ;) KisMAC doesn't want to start, and Airport cant turn off so maybe thats a connection??

Reboot, reboot, and reboot thats the only solution for now

Ahhh i can't be bothered with the Wireless anymore, theres nothing promising for it right now.

Im going to reinstall Mac and just stick with the ethernet for now :)

A normal computer cannot allow the user to reboot several times before their wireless works!

And also not having to open a program every boot in order for it to work!

Didn't work for me....

everything's go fine until i hit the "START SCAN" button in KisMac...... it ask me for my paswword and everything but it does NOTHING :thumbsup_anim: absolutly nothing.....

In the menu bar theres the airport symbol, and in the System Profiler under the Airport Tab it says :

Información de la tarjeta AirPort:

Tipo de tarjeta inalámbrica: AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x7128)

Entorno local de la tarjeta inalámbrica: Unknown

Versión del firmware de la tarjeta inalámbrica: 1.4.4

Red inalámbrica actual: red inalámbrica no disponible

So i dunno what did wrong.... can you help superman? uops ! i meant MacGeek????

I know is realy boring but, for now is the only solution for now, untyl someone make a fully working driver for this card

:D

I have this card and by the morning I have to restart 23 time until it work.

some times I use the Ethernet cable my Ethernet card works natively with OS X.

:D

But I recently bought a MacBook.