Installing Tiger x86 on SSE3 intel 4 processor

Madcoaster

66 posts in this topic

I don't mean to highjack anyones thread, but I can't seem to find any answer via the search function.

I've been trying to install OSX 10.4.4 and can't get it to work. My comp. specs are:

Asrock 939dual sataII mobo

Amd athlon 64 3000+ cpu

1gig of ddr ram

Nvidia Geforce3 Ti200 agp card.

liteon 812s dvd-rw drive.

What I'm wondering is... is it because of my vid card that it won't install or the mobo? I have read forum threads that people are getting it to work, so I think the mobo is OK. I did download and burn OSX 10.4.6 dvd iso and I still got the same thing. A message saying "waiting for root device". Or if I left it at the grey apple screen it just sits there spining and then a red circle logo pops up and it seems to stall or hang there. I'm just not sure what's the problem.

Cheers,

Chevy

Right, i burned the ISO to DVD and rebooted my computer with the DVD inserted and Number 1 in boot order, and nothing happens, it just continues to load windows. What do i do?

I cant comment on this DVD, but hey Jas 10.4.6 DVD definitely boots.

And how do i do that? I cannot open my computer since it will void my warranty.

Who made the computer? Very few companies these days will void out your warranty because you simply opened the case of the computer (other than laptops). How are you supposed to upgrade the RAM or other parts?

Hé Pennan,

i never had a computer that i did not open to change components,

and never did this voided my guaranty.

But with laptops its another case,

some will let you keep your warranty, others won't

the best way to find out is to send a mail to te company you bought it from and ask what there policy is. And maybe go to them to change the jumpers.

Greets

Madcoaster

Well good news people, I think i will be able to install OSX - On my stationary computer. I inserted the DVD and did not get the Still waiting for root device error - it continued to the install window. I can not install yet though, since i need to partion my D drive. But i can only create a new partion of 8GB on the D drive, even though i have 28GB free on D:... What to do? : D

Well good news people, I think i will be able to install OSX - On my stationary computer. I inserted the DVD and did not get the Still waiting for root device error - it continued to the install window. I can not install yet though, since i need to partion my D drive. But i can only create a new partion of 8GB on the D drive, even though i have 28GB free on D:... What to do? : D

what do u mean by d drive, is it the second or the first partition of the IDE HDD.

Other reason, might be using ntfs, suggestion, delete it with the windows xp boot disc.Then boot into setup of mac os, it should recognize the partition as 28gig free.

hope this helps.

can i intall, "Mac OSX86 Tiger 10.4.5 patched DVD" in a Pentium 4 with SSE and SSE2?? or need more patched??

check the forum of website from were u obtained the dvd, it usually has forums for people to post replys, hope this helps, as u can gain feedback for the disc.

For me it sounds quite absurd that you could pop up your computer and mess around so it malfunctions and then go to the retailer and get it fixed for no charge...

Oh and btw, it is a laptop.

Well, if it is a laptop then the hard drive is certainly set as master.

Most companies that make computers are are lenient enough with their warranty to allow you to open the case to do upgrades without your warranty being voided, so long as you don't do any obvious damage while you are in there. It's usually pretty easy to tell if a customer has damaged something while attempting an upgrade.

I have 2 hard drives. My second is D. I have not partioned any of these drives. I have 28GB free on D, yet i cannot make a partion larger than 8GB on it.

What are you trying to use to make the partition?

Well let me put it this way then, i have never opened a computer myself, the laptop is worth 3500$, and the company i bought it from does not yet have a shop in my city. Any way to fix it by changing boot order or something?

I'm using partitionmagic 8. (and remember that I am not talking about the laptop)