• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

getyourcarwash

getyourcarwash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Did anybody get Hotspot Shield working in Snow Leopard? When trying to connect, the last thing I can see is the word "Authentication" and the "Disconnected".

Benjamin H

Benjamin H

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Did anybody get Hotspot Shield working in Snow Leopard? When trying to connect, the last thing I can see is the word "Authentication" and the "Disconnected".

i have that problem too with snow leopard
just here to check for answers :(

annunaki

annunaki

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Yeah, me too. Not finding the answer anywhere else yet. The Leopard machine on the same router works fine with HSS, but my new Snow Leopard setup does not.

I think Hotspot Shield limits the amount of bandwidth for each computer based on the MAC address. Unfortunately, there is no good method to spoof the en0 address. If you have wireless on en1, you may be able to change your MAC. Just follow the guidance here: How to spoof your MAC address in OS X

**UPDATE**

Everything I said earlier may be false. I just installed Snow Leo on another machine (though it shares the same wired router as the other machine). Hotspot Shield does not work on this latest machine either. :)

This sucks because my wife needs it to connect to college websites in the U.S. and they can't be reached unless we go through some sort of proxy. HSS was the easiest way.

supersilverpig

supersilverpig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Yeah, me too. Not finding the answer anywhere else yet. The Leopard machine on the same router works fine with HSS, but my new Snow Leopard setup does not.

I think Hotspot Shield limits the amount of bandwidth for each computer based on the MAC address. Unfortunately, there is no good method to spoof the en0 address. If you have wireless on en1, you may be able to change your MAC. Just follow the guidance here: How to spoof your MAC address in OS X

**UPDATE**

Everything I said earlier may be false. I just installed Snow Leo on another machine (though it shares the same wired router as the other machine). Hotspot Shield does not work on this latest machine either. :rolleyes:

This sucks because my wife needs it to connect to college websites in the U.S. and they can't be reached unless we go through some sort of proxy. HSS was the easiest way.

I too have this problem. hotspotshield doesn't work for me on either my 10.6.1 hackintosh desktop or my 13" macbook pro also running 10.6.1. I just get the authenticating -> disconnected thing that you guys get.

JCP21

JCP21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Not working for me either, o well guess we ahve to wait Posted Image

Allan C

Allan C

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
On my 10.6.1 it works well!
v1.3? maybe

star_0071

star_0071

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

On my 10.6.1 it works well!
v1.3? maybe

on my sl10.6.2

32bit :work well :D

64bit :not work :(

Toryalai Hart

Toryalai Hart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
10.6.8 Build 10K549 ... I had to ditch Hotspot shield altogether. It was causing lots and lots of spinning disk of death episodes.

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Just use transmission with the bluetack level 1 blocklist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy