Logic 9 problem

martisti

22 posts in this topic

Hi,

since a month my Logic Pro 8 quits unexpected or freezes after some minutes of work using iDeneb 10.5.6 (it was working very fine before) ;):angel: I did a clean reinstall of iDeneb 10.5.7 and install LOGIC PRO 9... and I have the SAME problem. WHYYYYYYYYYYY??????? PLEASEEE!!!

Hi,

since a month my Logic Pro 8 quits unexpected or freezes after some minutes of work using iDeneb 10.5.6 (it was working very fine before) :D:rolleyes: I did a clean reinstall of iDeneb 10.5.7 and install LOGIC PRO 9... and I have the SAME problem. WHYYYYYYYYYYY??????? PLEASEEE!!!

Because probably iDeneb is not the best way to install OSX, or maybe your hardware is not fully compatible, or you just made a mistake while installing your system.

Hi,

since a month my Logic Pro 8 quits unexpected or freezes after some minutes of work using iDeneb 10.5.6 (it was working very fine before) :wacko::wacko: I did a clean reinstall of iDeneb 10.5.7 and install LOGIC PRO 9... and I have the SAME problem. WHYYYYYYYYYYY??????? PLEASEEE!!!

If your system was working fine then started with errors even after a re-install it would leave me to suspect it may be a hardware issue. Would be worth checking RAM and HDD first.

I dont believe it would necessarily be the distro you are using seeing as it was working for you before. Grab a copy of Hirens boot CD and run some tests to rule out hardware problems first.

I run Deneb 10.5.6 atm with my hackintosh,i run big logic Session 30 audiounits + Reason rewired without problem :)

Logic 8 i mean ,because logic 9 is full of bug (im back on 8.02 now)

Some problem can appear if some logic "files" or "library" are bad stored on other hdd for exemple with 2 same shortcut @ different place or something

well

I run Deneb 10.5.6 atm with my hackintosh,i run big logic Session 30 audiounits + Reason rewired without problem :)

Logic 8 i mean ,because logic 9 is full of bug (im back on 8.02 now)

Some problem can appear if some logic "files" or "library" are bad stored on other hdd for exemple with 2 same shortcut @ different place or something

well

Cheers greetz France

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj4-N9ohrmA

Nice track. About the problems with the library, I think it may be caused because when you install Logic 9 you are also reinstalling the libraries and that might make spotlight go crazy. (the library in logic is managed by spotlight). Maybe if you recreate spotlight indexes with some tool you can solve the problem.

Also, you should really consider to use a vanilla install if you want to use macosx professionally. I wouldn't put my work in risk by installing a distro... you never know what modified stuff they have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

I use ideneb 10.5.8 with vanilla.

I´ve a digidesign mbox 2 mini and rme hdsp 9632 pci.

I work with logic 9 & Protools without problems. Good midi timing, great audio behaivor, no issues at all. :P

Is the best way to make music on a normal pc because XP or vista is a nightmare. :( Bad midi timing...

You must know a little bit of your components and see if this have compatibility with osx86.

This matters take a big time and effort but when your system work..... yeahhhhhhhh :D

Take your time to read in this incredible forum, a lot of good people can help you. :)

Good luck

Jordi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Logic9 GUI very slow. When i open mixer and drag window - it's very jerky.

p35-ds3 q6600 7600gt

Why? How to fix?

Thx.

You've got great hardware to do a vanilla install of Leopard or SnowLeopard. Audio Apps work best with a Vanilla Install. I'm using Logic 9.02 together with Reason via Rewire without any problems.

• 3 months later...
Logic9 GUI very slow. When i open mixer and drag window - it's very jerky.

p35-ds3 q6600 7600gt

Why? How to fix?

Thx.

What method are you using to get gfx working? Are you perhaps in VESA mode? If you have chameleon installed try removing any hacked gfx kexts and add

<string>GraphicsEnabler</string>
<key>yes</key>

to your com.apple.boot.plist

to run logic 9 propper it needs snow leo

take a look at apples update sites

i've runnig 10.6.2 and everything runs without any problems

Hi,

since a month my Logic Pro 8 quits unexpected or freezes after some minutes of work using iDeneb 10.5.6 (it was working very fine before) :wacko:;) I did a clean reinstall of iDeneb 10.5.7 and install LOGIC PRO 9... and I have the SAME problem. WHYYYYYYYYYYY??????? PLEASEEE!!!

I supose it is from your authorization, may be I am wrong but I don't know. Or may be some of the plugins,external FX or VST can cause the same authorization problem...or you have low memory or etc. I have the same problem sometimes, but it happens when I am using really a lot of processor-memory hungry plugins.

Here Logic 9.02 run much smoothy with deneb 10.5.8 then with snow (it consume much less cpu with 10.5.8 ON THE EXACTLY SAME PROJECT) :thumbsup_anim:

Maybe something gone wrong with your installation of Snow, because here everything works significantly better on Snow.

Maybe something gone wrong with your installation of Snow, because here everything works significantly better on Snow.

Ican tell you my setup is very very well installed and anyways i noticed this thing on my mac book too,since i upgrade my system to snow under logic cpu consume much more :thumbsup_anim:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys.

I'm trying to install Logic 9 on Snow Leopard 6.2 but I keep getting a vram error message because of my graphics card. Logic thinks I have 0 vram so it won't install. ;)

I have searched the forums for a solution many times and made a few threads about this but have not received any help and I am going to go mad soon.

Does anyone know a way around this error and if not could someone who has a working Logic 9 + SL6.2 setup recommend a graphics card that will work vanilla at high resolution (1280x1024 minimum) so I can actually start making music again.

Thanks.

Hi

It´s a grahic card matter.

The NVRAM is the Ram of the Graphic card and

You need to have enabled QE & CI (Quartz Extreme and core Image)

Make sure if you have this enabled in system profile.

Try to make a EFI String for your Graphic Card.

Search on forum about EFI Strings

Good Luck