How do I properly run XP alongside 10.5.7?

3 posts in this topic

I currently have two partitions, one 128GB for main windows development, and I just allocated 25GB for an OSX install for just iphone dev. Now, I downloaded the iDeneb image, but i got hung on the grey loading screen. I'm trying to download the iAtkos, but now that I think about it, how do I dual boot?

Does iAtkos make some provision for a bootloader? How do I go about setting up such? I couldn't get VMWare running, so I'm trying for a full-on hackint0sh install.

What do I need to do to get the bootloade working?

Dont worry, Iatkos has 3 options on which bootloader you wish to install, chameleon 1, 2 and boot think.

If you opt not to choose any of them, you can install boot think in XP. It will boot your leopard as well.

Thing you have to worry is whether IATkos can boot with your system. Once that got sort then the dualboot is easy.

Warning: Do not manually set any of the partition to ACTIVE. This will screw XP to boot.

Dont worry, Iatkos has 3 options on which bootloader you wish to install, chameleon 1, 2 and boot think.

If you opt not to choose any of them, you can install boot think in XP. It will boot your leopard as well.

Thing you have to worry is whether IATkos can boot with your system. Once that got sort then the dualboot is easy.

Warning: Do not manually set any of the partition to ACTIVE. This will screw XP to boot.

What manual method? fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 and flag 1? I keep getting the boot going right to the mac startup.