[Question] Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Driver

r0bop0lo

2 posts in this topic

I have been about this forum left and right, and have found many answers which helped me to almost flawlessly install MAC OS X Leopard on my HP Pavillion dv5. However, no matter what iAtkos v7 installation method I use, I cannot find a driver which supports my graphics chipset which is:

Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller

After checking google, I see that there is no current Kext for this chipset. Is that true? Are there any workarounds which will allow me to run programs like Photo Booth without the "Graphics card does not support [insert Program Here]" Error? If not, is there any fix in the works, or an ETA on when a driver will be available?

And that's the single biggest problem with OSX on a notebook. When there's just NO driver, you're completely SOL. On a Desktop, at least you might have the option of replacing the video card or adding a new one, but with a Notebook that's not a possibility.

Hopefully someone has a workaround that might allow you to run a different driver and force it to run, but those Mobile GPU's are notoriously bad for that. Even the nVidia ones are all sorts of problems - even if you're running Windows.