• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1380 replies to this topic

borisbadenov

borisbadenov

InsanelyMac Sage

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

well the thing is its making calls that are R530 specific.so editing the bios to on your card be a R530 wont give your gpu the 12 pixel pipelines or other gpu capablities.Tho go for it and prove me wrong , I just may be (hope i am ) ;)

Also I know i didn't say it at first but borisbadenov , great hack !

I know what card im getting now ;)

WOW!!!

TO get a compliment like this from the great JaS, I am totally flattered!!!

I have always admired your work and to hear this from you; it has really made my day, made it all worth it, as well as being able to give something back and help or so many other mates.

the 20th of may is my birthday so im ordering this card for myself now actually :P , borisbadenov can you give me a link to your exact card please ?

JaS , I went to Neweggand got my card. Yes, might have been a place or two a few bucks cheaper but I really like the service at Newegg. It is the MSI RX1600 PRO-TD256E PCI-E

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814127201

My only issue with my hack is that it takes me nearly a full minute for my OS to load up, where, before, with just my onboard GMA900, it was around 15-20 seconds. Any ideas?

JaS

JaS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,487 posts

WOW!!!
TO get a compliment like this from the great JaS, I am totally flattered!!!

I have always admired your work and to hear this from you; it has really made my day, made it all worth it, as well as being able to give something back and help or so many other mates.
JaS , I went to Neweggand got my card. Yes, might have been a place or two a few bucks cheaper but I really like the service at Newegg. It is the MSI RX1600 PRO-TD256E PCI-E

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814127201

My only issue with my hack is that it takes me nearly a full minute for my OS to load up, where, before, with just my onboard GMA900, it was around 15-20 seconds. Any ideas?

Ok np on a minute to load , il ltake the boot time hit ;) , one last question.Has anyone got this to work with X1600pro agp ?.As my motherboard is agp only

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
JaS: deetman reported success with AGP: http://forum.osx86pr...ndpost&p=115496

btw, what do you think of the fact that the 10.4.4 kext seems to refer directly to R520? isnt that a bit mad?

lorant

lorant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
One more question too :
Has anyone got this to work with a DVI ouput ?

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
JAS yes it works with X1600AGP im gonna buy one too...the fact is OMNI discoverd it first ;)
btw i meant this bios hack for MUNKY
im sure if u rename ur card to R530 it will work
the point is im sure X1600 is RV530 not R530 and u wont be able to add a letter into the bios !
guys having a X1600 let me know ur RXXX name when u boot in safe mode thanx
ps: munky im sure changing that into ur bios and in worst the product ID will work for u

JaS

JaS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,487 posts

JaS: deetman reported success with AGP: http://forum.osx86pr...ndpost&p=115496

btw, what do you think of the fact that the 10.4.4 kext seems to refer directly to R520? isnt that a bit mad?

Sorry for not reading all through the thread, been up all night and im slacking . thanks great news.I am ordering it now lol

About the loading of the atindrv and the other things,maybe you need to use the opengl framework from 4.4 also ?

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
does nobody else think its strange that the 10.4.4 kexts have the X1800 codename in there, whereas the 10.4.6 kexts have the X1600?

am i going insane?

right enough, i did download that zip from someone else, I guess its possible they edited it.... anyone else have 10.4.4 kexts handy to check?

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
muunky forget about the kext, the problem comes from the fact it seek for R530....i said flash ur bios and it SHOULD work wihtout surprise as both card are the same
btw JAS can u give us ur callisto files as u give up the 9XXX community :D lucky man! ur gonna have XX years old?

milton02

milton02

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hi,

can someone try if after full screen OpenGL app (like KeyNote and iPhoto) mouse is still scrambled????
If not I will buy immediately this card!
Thanks

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
it isnt man, but is the GUI faster,??

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
cyclonefr: i'd rather edit the damn kext than try a dodgy flash to a 200 graphics card, thanks all the same! :D

the cards are NOT the same - X1800 is R520, X1600 is R530. they have a different number of pipelines enabled etc (even if they do possibly use the same core).

going to attempt hex edit of kext tonight. failing that, im going to install 10.4.4 / 10.4.5 myzar disc and retry boris method.

marenda

marenda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
My Palit x1600 PRO 128MB DDR3 working perfectly. MAC OS X 10.4.5 (Maxxuss) + SecUpd2006-002.

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
munky i didnt find any of the R530 string, i guess it is a coincidence and it cannot be hacked like that...we need the sources...so to sum up im gonna sell my 9800

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
so the ATINDRV.kext installed from a JaS 10.4.6 does not have R530 in it either? how odd. can you have a look for 'R520' in there?

R530 is definitely X1600, and R520 is definitely X1800:

"Given the delays to the flagship R520, the GPUs that power Radeon X1300 and Radeon X1600, named RV515 and RV530 respectively, debuted at the same time."

http://www.hexus.net...m.php?item=4458

Most odd and troubling.

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
yep no r530 only r500/520
btw in all the x1600 bios i had opened they were named rv530 and none of them were r530
ur only hope as i said is to try editing ur bios n changing r520 to r530 who knows...
worst case use a pci card to reflash ur card

borisbadenov

borisbadenov

InsanelyMac Sage

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Hi,

can someone try if after full screen OpenGL app (like KeyNote and iPhoto) mouse is still scrambled????
Thanks

Hey, I tried out both Keynote and iPhoto and in both cares, the mouse was perfect. I have the screen shots but in them, the mouse is not shown, but believe me, it works perfect

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
the fact the mouse isnt shown in screenshot is normal : like this on real mac to make perfect screenshot :D
boris is the gui really faster? what else scrolling give u better result on website?

merak

merak

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:PC<br /><br />P4 3.06 HT sock 478<br />hd Sata maxtor 160gb<br /...
Type: VGA-Compatible Controller
Bus: PCIe
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x71c0
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
SyncMaster:
Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 75 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported

mine working flawlessy :D

borisbadenov

borisbadenov

InsanelyMac Sage

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Hi,

Thanks

Hey, I tried out both Keynote and iPhoto and in both cares, the mouse was perfect. I have the screen shots but in them, the mouse is not shown, but believe me, it works perfect. Attached File  iphoto.png   1.69MB   275 downloads Attached File  keynote.png   1.24MB   223 downloads

borisbadenov

borisbadenov

InsanelyMac Sage

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

the fact the mouse isnt shown in screenshot is normal : like this on real mac to make perfect screenshot :D
boris is the gui really faster? what else scrolling give u better result on website?

To answer you question, yes.

I have noticed that my GUI is much fatser, more responsive. Also, with games like Civilization 3, Call of Duty, Rise of Nations, I can play full screen, full resolution om all games and not a glitch at all. I had a friend play CoD last night, did not let him know it was on my OSX86 til we finished the game, he was amazed. Always with my GMA900, it was a bit sluggish and never when settings were pushed to the max. The only downside so far is a longer boot time; it is now as long as XP, gasp!!! Still, as JaS said, I can live with that small discomfort. Everry other aspect to this card is wonderful, makes it respond visually and in speed to a real mac (but much cheaper) and besides, I have looked at the new intels and they only offer 128mb. Also, FInal Cut, iMovie, iPhoto, iDVD, all work great too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy