• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1380 replies to this topic

tilopa

tilopa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I have the exact card Boris used the MSI X1600 Pro PCI-e, and I did his driver method exactly as instructed but it still says QE and CI not supported in system info. Am I missing somthing here or does this not work for everyone?
I have 10.4.6 installed

lon36unn3r

lon36unn3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
upgrade to 10.4.8 upgrade the kernel 8.8.1 too that should fix it

musket

musket

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I just installed a AGP HSI X1600 PRO and used this method, i am getting better resilutions, but no QE,CI or GL.
I see somthing about kernel 8.8.1...what is this? how do i upgrade it ?

I am running OSX 10.4.8 on intel p4.

Thanks

Vikas Rana

Vikas Rana

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
can any one help findin the right drivers for ati mobility x1600??????java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_14')

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts

can any one help findin the right drivers for ati mobility x1600

Nothing for Mobility yet.

Gift

Gift

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
could anybody help with getting a radeon x1300 pci (not express) to work?, greatly appreciate it

Stone

Stone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hello.
Is there any way to make an ati x1950 pro work on the following configuration:
Mobo: Asus P5B sockel 775 (p965)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 (conroe)
RAM: 1024 pc6200/800Mhz
S-ATA 120 Gb
Ati x1950 pro (256 Mb Memory) with Device ID 0x7280
Mac OS X v.10.4.6 (JaS) patched 10.4.7 (JaS) patched 10.4.8 (JaS) ?

Btw., neither 3.2 and 3.6 vs. of Boris didn't work.

Thankls in advance.

danzigro

danzigro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the same problem as Stone. I know it's a new card and I have to be patient. I keep searching the threads hoping that someone made it work already, but I wasn't able to find a solution yet. I would very much appreciate a hint or two. Thanks

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts
Besides the installer, there is a manual method. First remove the patches that the installer made by running the uninstaller provided with the installer package (you read the instructions in the installer, right?).

Then follow the Boris link in my signature for the manual method.

Might work, might not.

danzigro

danzigro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the hint Rammjet. I'll give it a try and if it works, I will be more than happy to post my results

Stone

Stone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Might work, might not.

First of all, thank you Rammjet for the prompt answer and help.
Second, I did a fresh install within v.10.4.6; everything done 'by the book' and after rebooting I had the old issue - the window with 'You have to restart the computer ... blah blah'. After another try, within v.10.4.8 (patches *.4.7 and finally *.4.8 with the old 8.4.1 kernel) I had the same problem like before (the endless error to restart the computer). I also tried with semthex SSE3 and mifki SSE3 kernels and the sistem didn't start till the login window; just rebootet itself. I really need this to make it work (I want to get rid of XP).
As you said, it might not work :compress:.

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts

I really need this to make it work (I want to get rid of XP).

Some success with 10.4.8 and new kernel using Natit. Find link on this page: http://forum.insanel...showtopic=34068

Stone

Stone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Thank you Rammjet. I'll give it a shot. Btw., I'm not using the 8.8.1 kernel but the old one, 8.4.1. The updated version is now 10.4.8 (8.4.1 kernel).

Cheers.

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts

Btw., I'm not using the 8.8.1 kernel but the old one, 8.4.1. The updated version is now 10.4.8 (8.4.1 kernel).

I understand. Was implying you might want to install 10.4.8 with latest kernel and use Natit.

Stone

Stone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Actually, it was an improvement: I have tried again Neopheus v.3.2 install and I have the refresh modes (my usual is 1280x1024); still no QE/CI. I've read about the semthex 8.8.1 kernel but I'm not so familiar with the Terminal commands (a little different as on Linux).
Thanks again.

Cheers.

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts

I've read about the semthex 8.8.1 kernel but I'm not so familiar with the Terminal command

Upgrading from 10.4.8 with old kernel is not as simple as dropping in a new kernel. The 10.4.8 with old kernel is missing a lot of new 10.4.8 files that aren't compatible with the old kernel. Best way is to use JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 Only Reseed install DVD. Or go through this: http://paulicat.free...rade-guide.html

But before you start, read through the Natit link I gave you and see if you really want to do all of that.

Stone

Stone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Well, I've tested the 10.4.8 JaS with the new kernel 8.8.1 and I'm a little confused: under 10.4.8 (8.4.1 kernel) the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext is working (only out, no in ... doesn't bothering me because I'm using an USB mic) meanwhile under 1.4.8 (8.8.1 kernel) same *.kext is NOT working (no matter what changes within Azalia.kext and AzaliaAudioController.kext /info.plist were made).
Within the 10.4.8 (8.4.1 kernel) the only device is not working (let's say 'properly') is the graphic card (no QE / CI). Everithing else working like a charm.
What's wrong with 8.8.1 kernel? Am I missing something else? Am I doing something wrong? I've tried different install vs. (with / without patches) and same issues. In fact, Azalia is a pain in the a**: 2 times I had the same issue after reboot '/../../*.kext not installed properly) even with diskutil repair (and even with 2 different methods - emacs and pico).

Thanks again for help Rammjet.
Cheers.

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts
This is the ATI graphics thread, not Azalia audio thread.

After adding proper id's to Azalia (check them to be sure no extra characters and indentation is right), be sure to:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
then delete the cache files and reboot.

Stone

Stone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Sorry.

Now, to be ontopic.
I've made some tests within 10.4.8 JaS (8.8.1 kernel); tested NatitATIauto.kext, Natit.kext and Natit_edited.kext. Under all of these *.kext's the graphic card was recognized (as it should) in SystemProfiler. Still no QE / CI. Device ID properly described into *plist's (0x7280).
I got the screen freezed after installing Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg.

Cheers.

SupaRM

SupaRM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey Boris--
Have you ever got your card to support DVI, TV-Out, or Dual Display?
Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy