borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

mmmm... not lucky.. confusing... i thought i'd have no problem with my setup:

- Asus P5W DH Deluxe

- MSI X1600PRO PCI-e

- Jas 10.4.7

Did the boris method (manually)... doesn't work.

I mean, even w/o the boris method i can't boot up? I get stuck somewhere (if I do a -v) after the serial bus detection thingy (listing baud rate).

w/ the method, i always end up with some sort of 'display match failure' messages... and stuck there. I use the same device Id than boris as we have the same card.

Questions:

- anybody had same issue with that combo (asus p5w + msi X1600pro pci-e + JaS 10.4.7) ?

- am i supposed to be able to boot in OsX w/o any patch (let's say w/ some default crappy resolution or something) ?

HELP!! I thought I'd be safe with that config! But freaking no!! :D

Redid fresh install + boris method. Same {censored}.

Here's what I get:

display: family specific matching fails

Matching service count = 2

Matching service count = 5

(date) kextd[25]: 328 cached, 0 uncached personalities to catalog

Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 Maxbaud=115200

AppleHDA.kext failed to load: unable to locate 'layout-id' property

(date) localhost mDNSResponder-108 (Dec 25 2005 11: 57:53)[45]: starting

... then stuck here.

This is all with just startup in '-v' mode.

If I let things boot up, the UI freezes when I get the 'starting OsX' bar.. I get like a blue bar with 2 pixels on the left and then stuck here.

'family specific matching fails' --> seems to indicate I do not use the right device id?

I use 0x71C21002 for the device Id == id from Boris who was using exact same card.

Just adding:

DVI works for me, by using DVI to VGA adapter, I get more video resolution choices, and the screen gets much brighter, so video controls is not so much of a problem anymore (they still do not work, I wonder why?)

So for me project is finished, it is all working at best efficiency.

As I have two Mac's, it is unlikely I will use this.

I wish Apple were nice and offered a part exchange, I would gladly exchange my iBook PPC for an Intel one :)

The reason why it works is quite simple. The DVI-head on the graphicscard is probably the primary connector and as you may not know, most people have to connect the monitor to the first connector for the driver to work. And also, DVI is probably not working since you're only using the VGA-output that is included in the DVI-connector thanks to the "adapter".

I noticed this now after i toasted my X1900XT-card and got myself a new X1900XTX, I just couldn't get acceleration using the same DVI-connector as I used on my old card but after switching to the second (primary) DVI-connector it just started to work.... so I guess the ati driver is pretty sensitive about which port you use :/

Hey guys!

I actually have Mac Pro with 1.0.4.7, but would really like it to get working with PC X1900XT/256Mb so maybe you could help. I checked ATIRadeonX1000.kext->info.plist and my VendorID and DeviceID are already there (1002/7249). I guess I would only have to convince the system to boot it via PCI driver not EFI (since it is PC card no EFI support). Any ideas?

Right now under Graphics in System Profiler it is only shown as "Display".

Hi Pitr-,

Youre getting me worried there...

I am using a dvi to vga adapter (CRT Monitor) with my Sapphire ATI Radeon AGP, and its all cool (MAC OSX 10.4.7, all working).

Are you saying that if I switch to pure dvi like a tft monitor, it might create problems?

Please let me know as I might get a LCD monitor soon, because my CRT is starting giving signs of flickering...

Cheers

Billy out

I am using a dvi to vga adapter (CRT Monitor) with my Sapphire ATI Radeon AGP, and its all cool (MAC OSX 10.4.7, all working).

Are you saying that if I switch to pure dvi like a tft monitor, it might create problems?

Please let me know as I might get a LCD monitor soon

You should be fine as long as your LCD has a VGA port. Only a handful of people have been able to use "pure" DVI. Most of us can use the DVI port only with a DVI-VGA adapter.

Having Problems here trying to get my ATI Radeon X1900XTX to work. Also im unsure of which way to edit this last file from the instructions given.

I've Used the JaS 10.4.7 Install DVD. I havent been able to use any installer for the Video what so ever. I've tried Manualy but i get some sort of Panic.

I'm wondering does my CPU require SSE3 for the Driver to work?

what exact way should i edit the ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin file if my Device ID is 0x7249

Look im sorry for being stupid in any way lol... but i've got to learn somewhere.

Thanks for any help...

Mark

post-55861-1159305044_thumb.png

what exact way should i edit the ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin file if my Device ID is 0x7249

In the example given, the vendor id=1002 and the device id=71C2

Since your vendor id also=1002 and your device id=7249, then anywhere in the guide that you see "100271C2", replace it with "10027249" and where you see "71C21002", replace it with "72491002"

4 Edit ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin as follows: make sure these two lines show your device id and keep in mind, it's backwards:

<key>100271C2-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</key>

<string>100271C2-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</string>

I also think I changed this line, not sure but make sure this is how what your edited plist will show, pay attention to the last line.

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IONDRVFramebuffer</string>

Its this part im unsure of. I've added an attached image in my above Post to show what i might have done wrong and to confirm if i am doing it wrong.

I'm confused to there being more than one string and key. The last 2 lines that i must pay attention to i changed but i think i should'nt have. Im all a bit silly with this but im only learning like i say.

If you can help me further please do

Cheers

Mark

<key>100271C2-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</key>

<string>100271C2-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</string>

As I said above, make those strings as:

<key>
-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</key>

<string>
-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</string>

Just boot your install DVD to the first screen of the installer. Go to the Utilities menu (where Disk Utility is) and select Terminal and edit your file.

In single user mode, I would expect that maybe:

mount -uw /
nano /Volumes/(your-OSX-volume-name)/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin/Contents/Info.plist

Ok still same problem arises even with a proper reinstall and manual video install.

I've Used the JaS 10.4.7 Install DVD. I havent been able to use any installer for the Video what so ever. I've tried Manualy but i get some sort of Panic.

I'm wondering does my CPU require SSE3 for the Driver to work?

OS installs correctly from cd and VGA is picked up as compatible. From the desktop and terminal i do a Manual install of the Video Driver using the Boris method.

Apon restart i get this following error

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x0019C352): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 1, Type 14=page fault), registers:

--------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------ (if you require this information please say)

-------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------

The rest of the error i have in images below

Thanks for help

Mark

post-55861-1159355464_thumb.jpg

post-55861-1159355486_thumb.jpg

post-55861-1159355499_thumb.jpg

I every body... i have anA ATi All in Wonder x1900.

To solve quicktime / aperture / dashbord ripple problem on amd :

sudo cp -r /System/Library/Frameworks_10.4.7_Disabled/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks folder.

With that..I AM FULLY (100%) WORKING... (including dvd player !)

Anyone here who got this to work together:

- Asus P5W DH Deluxe

- MSI X1600PRO PCI-e

I'm still stuck at boot time (w/ or w/o boris changes).

Stuck right after messages about 'display match failure'.

Works for anyone?

Hi Juuni, here´s gary

I have the asus P5W DH Deluxe too, it is running perfectly with a powercolor X 1600 XT, but you would need a dvi display.You have have to disable sound in the bios on installation.

Choose Jas MacoSX 10.4.6 install,

then update with jas 10.4.7 patch

be careful, if you use wrong bios values for sata ata MacOSX will crash

Ask me if you have problems with it..

You can enable sound now (azalia patch) the first pair of your audio outputs will run without problems

I had a sapphire X 1600 pro without succes, with our board the Radeon X 1600 XT seems to be

more compatible. With the powercolor X 1600 XT card (no bravo edition) your system will run...

I have full CI QE RO Support-full resolution changing and I have tested the system with a 23"

Display (DVI) Everything worked 100 %

The disatvantage is that you can use only 1 Monitor- but the rest will be fine, I would think about to

buy a powercolor card, cause there are some more people who have this setup going..

Best wishes !

Gary

Tried to make my GeCube X800GTO work (different ways) - but no results. Only got QE/CI working at 1024x768. Decided to buy a new video card. Got it, patched kext's manually and it worked!!! QE/CI/OpenGL. Monitor connected to DVI recognized correctly! Can change resolution and refresh rates! Haven't tried Sleep and Q2D yet - will do later.

The card is Gigabyte GV-RX16P256DE-RH SilentPipe II (ATI X1600 Pro 256M PCI-E) - not expensive and absolutely quiet. Though it is slower in games than X800GTO, I'm still happy with the choice!

My config:

Pentium D 805 @ 3.34 GHz, Epox 5P945J (i945P), 1G DDR II, WD 800JB (ATA, 80G), Pioneer DVR-111D.

Thanks Boris!

EDIT:

I've turned on Quartz2D - it'working fine!

Just tried new 3,3 installer it just stops straight after i select drive to install too

Just try to move the Backup folder away from the root! Then do the installer again!

ok thank you

Yeah sorted now thanks works great one little problem tho now

Now dont be laughing because im a saddo lol but bejeweled 2 - platypus - luxor amun rising , they all now crash when trying to access opengl but all work spot on with opengl from 10.4.7

ok thank you

Yeah sorted now thanks works great one little problem tho now

Now dont be laughing because im a saddo lol but bejeweled 2 - platypus - luxor amun rising , they all now crash when trying to access opengl but all work spot on with opengl from 10.4.7

But most other things are just fine

Nice job