borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

Yes, sleep and wakeup with s3 in bios, i dont check tv out. I try boris, tha_toadman, neopheus methods, i flash bios from old asus, saphire and NOTHING! DVI is black. I install 10.4.6 Goatsecx, work with DVI without kext mod i only change res on boot, i have acceleration but i can't calibrate colors. Any sugestions?

Hi,

I try with s1 and s3, but my sappire dont wakeup!

In analogic vga output my monitor is show correct, and i can calibrate a color perfil, but if i use a DVI output, none, ths monitor is show "vga monitor" and not calibtate a color profile.

I install 10.4.6 hotiso and boris, neopheus and work fine, no tearing, all functions work, i dont try a TVout but i think this not work.

sorry my bab english

Hi

I install new JaS 10.4.7 AMD/Intel DVD with ati 1600 support. After instalation my Asus EAX1600xt TV Silent work fine QE/CI etc. but only on analog output. On DVI when GUI start i have black screen. What i can do?

Sorry foor my english.

JaS 10.4.7

AMD 3500+

Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 (work: audio out, lan; not work sata/raid)

ASUS EAX1600XT SILENT w.TV out (only analog)

Did you check/uncheck "X1600 Radeon patch" before Jas 10.4.7 installation? I have the same VGA card with yours. I also adopt AMD 64 x2 3200+(ES). After I installed Jas 10.4.7, the screen is glitched on VGA output. What items did you check on patch items?

I check AMD update 10.4.7, AMD CPU and support for 1600xt. I tried difrent settings but DVI not work. Only on Goatsecx dvi work fine but os don't detect my display.

Goatsecx 10.4.6 + AMD update 10.4.7

AMD 3500+

Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 (work: audio out, lan; not work sata/raid)

ASUS EAX1600XT SILENT (don't detect display)

MY X1900XT just died (don't know why, maybe crappy PowerColor product) I'll have to replace it today.

Do you know if X1900 Crossfire is supported like the regular X1900XT ? I just ordered an Asus EAX1900 CF and hope that I can frag some luzers on COD2 Mac version -COD 2 is pretty much all I play- so I don't have to boot to windows for gaming...

crossfire and XT are the same I think, you just have the SLI possibility with the CF version.

Heh, you mean Crossfire possibility with the CF version. SLI is an Nvidia trademark and should not be confused with Crossfire since you can't use Crossfire on SLI-capable motherboards :(

And also, the possibility of using both cards in Crossfire with current OS+kernel+ATI drivers is almost guaranteed not to work :)

Hey all,

I have bought a ASUS EAX1600XT and have a 23" Cinema. DVI works out of the box to another monitor with lower resolution (i.e. 1280x1024) but for some reason I can't get it to work with my Cinema. I have tried Borisbadenov's manual method and NeoPheus's installer. I have also tried tha_toadman's manual method for 2nd generation versions (I think I have the third but just wanted to try). With each I still can't get the DVI to work with my 23". Actually once restarting after the patches, the signal is distorted from both DVI and VGA. Not sure if I should try another method or get a new card. Any recomendations? I have heard the GECUBE X1600Pro is working with someones Dell 24" which runs the same resolution, but then I heard that someone else is having stability problems. Also the X1800XT sounds promissing. Thanks for your help!

My Rig:

ASROCK Dual775

P4 3.4

2GB Ram

Andrew

Heh, you mean Crossfire possibility with the CF version. SLI is an Nvidia trademark and should not be confused with Crossfire since you can't use Crossfire on SLI-capable motherboards :)

And also, the possibility of using both cards in Crossfire with current OS+kernel+ATI drivers is almost guaranteed not to work :D

I bought a crossfire edition so that I don't have to look for one to go crossfire when they stop producing X1900 series (replace with X1950). It is always easier/cheaper to buy a used X1900XT instead of an X1900 CF card later on. All I am wondering is whether my card will work as a single card so that I can play some 3D games on OS X ? I also want to know how some people report success and some people don't with the same X1900XT cards ? Is it a safe bet if I just follow this method using 10.4.5 Myzar (actually it is 10.4.4 that patches to 10.4.5 during installation) to get my card working (my card isn't here right now so I am just collecting information) ?

Hey all!

Until now, nobody was able to answer the following question:

Will there be any difference with loading these APPLE! ATI Drivers for X1600 (mobility) if you have a Laptop with EFI or not? Because I'll get one maybe next week, maybe later. So is there any way that ATINDRV is recognizing my Card via EFI-Device-Tree?!

Max

To apply borisbadenov method, do I need to reinstall the 10.4.5 disabled extensions ?

I try borisbadenov method manually and with the script but it didin't work (neither my laptop screen neither via the vga output). So I look into my system and found taht three dependencies for the X1000 kext weren't there. And those extensions are in a folder in the install DVD wich name is 'extensions 10.4.5 disabled' (found with pacifist.

Should I try to reinstal those files and then apply the borisbadenov method ?

Does anyone knows why thoe extensions were disabled ?

Once is sure: all other ati kext have no utility with an ATI radeon mobility x1600 pci e... I removed them and my computer boot without problem.

All I did was to install Myzar 10.4.6 (10.4.5 with 10.4.6 update) and then I upgraded to 10.4.7 with the amd enabled 10.4.7 update on TPB.org. After that, all I had to do was to run Neo:s ATI-installer v3.2 which includes the 10.4.7 kext which aren't installed per default with the amd enabled 10.4.7 update. Reboot and voila!

And some hex-editing mach_kernel to get proper reboot and so on....

Weeee...

I got my X1900 AIW working using this.

Full res., refresh rate adj., with QE and CI as well.

Thanks guys.

Hi Borisbadenov,

I have a Sapphire X1600 Pro Card and MacosX 10.4 My Mainbord is a Asus A8N Deluxe with amd X2 4400

prozessor (nforce 4 chipset) I did everyrhing as told, but I get a black screen one second before the finder

should appear. Do somebody know if the Patch for Ati 1600 does not work with a nforce4 chipset ??

Best Regards !

Gary :)

Hi Borisbadenov,

I have a Sapphire X1600 Pro Card and MacosX 10.4 My Mainbord is a Asus A8N Deluxe with amd X2 4400

prozessor (nforce 4 chipset) I did everyrhing as told, but I get a black screen one second before the finder

should appear. Do somebody know if the Patch for Ati 1600 does not work with a nforce4 chipset ?

?

Best Regards !

Gary :happymac:

I just cant get my resolution to switch ..

i've entered it hard into com.apple.Boot.plist ..

But it's always a 4:3 resolution.

I';m on a mobile version of the x1600

Can anyne report success on a x1600 laptop with resolution change and 1400x900 instead of 1400x1050 (wich is 4:3) OR ofcourse 1650 .. on the laptop .. (NOT DVI and VGA out)

I've got QE and CI working ..

ps: tried any kext floating around .. but maybe i missed one ?

I just cant get my resolution to switch ..

i've entered it hard into com.apple.Boot.plist ..

But it's always a 4:3 resolution.

I';m on a mobile version of the x1600

Can anyne report success on a x1600 laptop with resolution change and 1400x900 instead of 1400x1050 (wich is 4:3) OR ofcourse 1650 .. on the laptop .. (NOT DVI and VGA out)

I've got QE and CI working ..

ps: tried any kext floating around .. but maybe i missed one ?

ya i've been trying to get 1400x900 resolution with my 1600pro on my desktop and I cannot it just flickers and I get nothing else....I've tried changing com.apple.boot.plist and nothing...

can't recall if i modified it .. or have used an modified one (by someone else) because i tried so many things.

But it doesn't work correctly ..

1400x1050 = 4:3 :(

i;ve entered something nasty in my /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1500x1200x32</string>

and apple takes the max resolution (width) of the card minus the highest

My max res = 1650x1050

and because it doesn't detect widescreen .. so .. probably scales down

i don;t knwo excacly how it works ... but really don't want to have the 4:3 resolution

ya i've been trying to get 1400x900 resolution with my 1600pro on my desktop and I cannot it just flickers and I get nothing else....I've tried changing com.apple.boot.plist and nothing...

man i'm dumb...I realized a problem...in the plist I put 1400x900 when it should be 1440x900

I changed that and it still didn't work...so since I was using a dvi to vga adapter I used just the plain vga out on the card and now it detects that display in sys prefs and I can change it to it...

I guess the dvi-vga adapter makes something screwy...