• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

fabiolover2002

fabiolover2002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have 10.4.5 running on my inspiron and I want to try to mod an isight camera into the top of the screen using a little bondo and then painting everything black. Does anyone know of a vendor that sells the isight cameras used in either the G5/intel imacs, or any of the powerbooks with cameras? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Colonel

Colonel

11 Herbs & Spices

• Retired
  • 4,157 posts
I don't think anyone would take their iMac/Macbook/Macbook Pro apart just to take out the iSight and sell it. Even if they did, you have one heck of a time trying to get it in there and work. I don't know any resellers. Good luck with that.

fabiolover2002

fabiolover2002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I was just trying to figure out if there are other companies, similar to allmac, that would sell something like that. I guess I am just trying to find someone who perhaps broke their laptop and is selling the parts. Does anyone know of an alternative to allmac that might carry the piece?

Takuro

Takuro

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 1,162 posts
You could always just buy the external iSight camera. I know you want the internal one that's embeded in the monitor itself, but your chances of getting your hands on one are low.

fabiolover2002

fabiolover2002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Alright I think I'll give up on that idea for now, but I appreciate the input guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy