[Guide] Using DSDT with the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

blackosx

576 posts in this topic

Are you saying that your hack goes into somekind of wake-sleep loop when removing a USB 2.0 device during sleep ? Both of my systems wake up if I remove a usb stick during sleep, then there is the warning about not properly removing usb devices. Warning goes off after a while and then everything is back to normal, next sleep happens normally after the set idle time, no loops. Could you post your dsdt, I'd like to see if you did something in a different way than I did.

Hi yes there was a loop wake-sleep when I removed something from USB. I solved it already with unticking the option Start up automatically after a power failure. But when i tick it, then I have this wake-sleep loop. And I dont have this warnings about not properly removings of usb devices like you.

dsdt.aml.zip

Hi yes there was a loop wake-sleep when I removed something from USB. I solved it already with unticking the option Start up automatically after a power failure. But when i tick it, then I have this wake-sleep loop. And I dont have this warnings about not properly removings of usb devices like you.

Can't find anyway to duplicate your situation, doesn't matter if that option is ticked or not and your dsdt seems fine. What exactly were you removing, if I remove for example a usb stick then I get that warning. If I remove something like a wireless usb mouse receiver then I get no warning but system wakes up normally.

It doesnt matter what I remove, I just tried USB stick, iPhone, iPod.. I dont get that warning when it wakes from sleep. Thank you for the work on DSDT by the way:-)

EDIT: sorry so it is the same like by you. I get that warning when I remove for example USB stick, or my external HD. But it hides very fast, i dont have to click ok.

It doesnt matter what I remove, I just tried USB stick, iPhone, iPod.. I dont get that warning when it wakes from sleep. Thank you for the work on DSDT by the way:-)

EDIT: sorry so it is the same like by you. I get that warning when I remove for example USB stick, or my external HD. But it hides very fast, i dont have to click ok.

Yes, then everything else is the same except that strange sleep-wake loop. Let's see if someone else reports that, then we can try to pinpoint what causes it.

I'll do some more testing on my system this weekend to see if I also have this.

EDIT: I have done a couple of quick tests with the new DSDT.

When I put my machine to sleep, regardless of whether the 'Start up automatically after a power failure' is ticked or not, it will wake when I remove my iPhone or USB stick. I don't experience any wake-sleep loop.

If I remove my USB stick, when the system wakes up I receive the following error..

post-331032-1261161513_thumb.png

which is normal as that happens when removing the same USB stick without ejecting it.

There is no error when removing my iphone as it's designed to be unplugged without ejecting it.

hey blackosx,

do you mind if you give me the link for your latest DSDT.aml you're using?

My friend has GeForce 8800GT, EP45-DS3L (I think same as your setup) and E7500 (instead of E7400).

Do you think it'll work without changing the DSDT.aml for my friends PC?

My setup is different, I'm bought the EP45-DS3L, but I have a GTS 250, I'm going to change the DSDT part of the graphics card, and the CPU Speedstep (I think you have a link for that in the 1st page).

Thanks

hey blackosx,

do you mind if you give me the link for your latest DSDT.aml you're using?

Here's the latest DSDT I am using.

dsdt.dsl.zip

My friend has GeForce 8800GT, EP45-DS3L (I think same as your setup) and E7500 (instead of E7400).

Do you think it'll work without changing the DSDT.aml for my friends PC?

Yes, it will work, though you will have to change the CPU data in Scope (_PR) to match that of your friends E7500, mine is for the E7300 at 2.66GHz (standard clock). Also I haven't included video in the DSDT as I use Chameleon's device injection.

My setup is different, I'm bought the EP45-DS3L, but I have a GTS 250, I'm going to change the DSDT part of the graphics card, and the CPU Speedstep (I think you have a link for that in the 1st page).

As above, yes, change the CPU data for yours and try using Chameleons device injection for your video. (See here)

I have upload DIFF of Mine original DSDT from acpidump from linux (GA-EP43-DS3L) with GA-EP45-DS3L posted by BlackOSX.

The only difference is that my BIOS are modded(using DELL slics 2.1) for use with Windows 7.

Thanks thiago, I can see there is no difference in the DSDT now :angel:

What's DELL slics 2.1 and why/how have you modded your BIOS?

Thanks for your DSDT File BlackOSX.

Also, I have a question about the Speed Step...

Processor (CPU0, 0x0, 0x00000410, 0x06)
       {
           Alias (PSS, _PSS)
           Alias (PSD, _PSD)
           Alias (CST, _CST)
       }

i basically have that but 4 of them. CPU0,CPU1,CPU2,CPU3 ( I have a Q9400 Quad core cpu). Is that right?

Also for the CST, do I have to change that? How do I get the values if i Have to change it?

Name (CST, Package (0x04)
       {
           0x03, 
           Package (0x04) {ResourceTemplate () {Register (FFixedHW, 1, 2, 0x000,,)},0x01,0x01,0x03E8},
           Package (0x04) {ResourceTemplate () {Register (SystemIO, 8, 0, 0x414,,)},0x02,0x01,0x01F4},
           Package (0x04) {ResourceTemplate () {Register (SystemIO, 8, 0, 0x415,,)},0x03,0x55,0xFA} 
       })

and finally, for PSS, i don't know what the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th means.

for example

Package (0x06) { 2664, 0, 10, 10, 0x0821, 0 },

what is 0, 10, 10? I know first is the frequency and 5th is the FID+VID, and the last is the pstate (0,1,2).

I don't know what is 0, 10, 10.

thanks a lot.

There have been some interesting developments in the FormerlyKnownAs' Speedstep thread lately and at the moment I have disabled some features in my BIOS. See attached pic.

post-331032-1261266774_thumb.jpg

Note: This is only for people who...

• have added P & C-states to their DSDT's for speedstep

• don't run Windows on their hacks

• haven't overclocked their systems.

Now it's turned out that the CPU EIST function can be turned off, as doing so will not allow SSDT tables to be loaded, which will result in a cleaner system. I then went on to disable C2/C2E and C4/C4E State Support with no adverse affects.

For more info you will need to read above and below my post to get an idea of what it's all about.

oh.. sorry, adding from my prev post above..

did you figure out another way to fix the SATA Problem without the kext? or do we have to use kexts now?

thanks!

So your DSDT I skimmed through it.

You noted:

Native Speedstep (Without Voodoopowermini)

No LAN or GFX Injection (Both through Chameleon)

Power Button Sleep Fix

Aluminium Keyboard (Mouse on keyboard hub) Wake fix

But I do not see the EHCI (USB) Fix in there, is that still included?

Also, is the fix for sleeping up from keyboard/mouse in general included?

Thanks

Hi LOLmoe

Thanks for your DSDT File BlackOSX.

Also, I have a question about the Speed Step...

{
           Alias (PSS, _PSS)
           Alias (PSD, _PSD)
           Alias (CST, _CST)
       }

i basically have that but 4 of them. CPU0,CPU1,CPU2,CPU3 ( I have a Q9400 Quad core cpu). Is that right?

Yes, that's right. But check your 0x00000410, as yours might need to read 0x00000810 for a quad core?

Also for the CST, do I have to change that? How do I get the values if i Have to change it?

Name (CST, Package (0x04)
       {
           0x03, 
           Package (0x04) {ResourceTemplate () {Register (FFixedHW, 1, 2, 0x000,,)},0x01,0x01,0x03E8},
           Package (0x04) {ResourceTemplate () {Register (SystemIO, 8, 0, 0x414,,)},0x02,0x01,0x01F4},
           Package (0x04) {ResourceTemplate () {Register (SystemIO, 8, 0, 0x415,,)},0x03,0x55,0xFA} 
       })

As far as I know the CST package values will stay as I have them. There's a bit more about them here.

and finally, for PSS, i don't know what the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th means.

for example

what is 0, 10, 10? I know first is the frequency and 5th is the FID+VID, and the last is the pstate (0,1,2).

I don't know what is 0, 10, 10.

0 is for power, you can calculate it with P-State calculator (I haven't done so as FormelyKnownAs has said they aren't used).

The two 10's are for latency for switching between the states.

You can find out more from the first few pages of FormerlyKnownAs' speedstep thread :)

OK Great! I compiled it without any errors, but lol I tried it on my EP43-DS3LR it doesn't boot haha.

it says reboot the system XD

I did check, it's not 0x00000810, it's still 0x00000410.

(I searched around, it seems to be different per CPU, when my DSDT didnt have Speedstep, but had 0x00000410, it still worked).

My EP45-DS3L is coming here soon, but what do you think is blocking the startup?

heh.. i give up on the ep43-ds3lr.

to prepare for the new mobo (EP45-DS3L, same as yours)

Only things I have changed are these...

Name (PSS, Package (0x05) // For Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66Ghz
       {
           Package (0x06) { 2331, 0, 10, 10, 0x071C, 1 },
           Package (0x06) { 1998, 0, 10, 10, 0x0616, 2 },
       })

and...

Name (PSD, Package (0x05)
       {
           0x05,
           0x00,
           0x00,
           0xFC, // Double-checked the 0xFC value with ACPISpec v4.0 pdf
           0x04  // Number of Processors - If you have a Quad core CPU then this value should read 0x04
       })

and...

{
           Alias (PSS, _PSS)
           Alias (PSD, _PSD)
           Alias (CST, _CST)
       }

Processor (CPU1, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06)
       {
           Alias (PSS, _PSS)
           Alias (PSD, _PSD)
           Alias (CST, _CST)
       }

Processor (CPU2, 0x0, 0x00000410, 0x06)
       {
           Alias (PSS, _PSS)
           Alias (PSD, _PSD)
           Alias (CST, _CST)
       }

Processor (CPU3, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06)
       {
           Alias (PSS, _PSS)
           Alias (PSD, _PSD)
           Alias (CST, _CST)
       }

that's should do make my CPU work with speedstep right?

oh, you removed FRWR, and WLAN... does that mean I can't use FireWire and Wireless PCI Cards? Or is this strictly motherboard hardware? Sorry, still learning as I go haha.

oh, here's a pic of the P-State tools

and if you don't mind... i know it might be long, do you think you can list out all of the fixes in the DSDT.aml you gave me? I'm going to use Chameleon Ethernet and Graphics Injector like you are when I get the board.

Do you think the Chameleon Graphics Injector will work with nVidia GeForce GTS 250?

123mc.th.png

Thanks a ton.

Note: This is only for people who...

• have added P & C-states to their DSDT's for speedstep

• don't run Windows on their hacks

• haven't overclocked their systems.

My CPU DSDT section is just like yours. I only changed the P-states settings for my Q9505.

I run Windows in a VMWare Fusion virtual machine.

I have no overclock.

Do you think I can disable those BIOS settings safely?

Thanks thiago, I can see there is no difference in the DSDT now :rolleyes:

What's DELL slics 2.1 and why/how have you modded your BIOS?

Hi Nick, well, now i´m using modded BIOS for Activate Windows7 with original OEM keys.

(The trick is to introduce a patch on BIOS to make system view machine like an autentic 'powered by' DELL manufacture, then using OEM keys(original from my notebook DELL) Windows7 Ultimate activates correctly..)

Source: Windows7 - FDL

Regards.

OK Great! I compiled it without any errors, but lol I tried it on my EP43-DS3LR it doesn't boot haha.

it says reboot the system XD

I did check, it's not 0x00000810, it's still 0x00000410.

(I searched around, it seems to be different per CPU, when my DSDT didnt have Speedstep, but had 0x00000410, it still worked).

My EP45-DS3L is coming here soon, but what do you think is blocking the startup?

The DSDT here (based on mm67's work) is only for the GA-EP45-DS3L (also EP43-DS3L, EP45-UD3L). But you need to do some test before running on a different board.

You can find out which set of values (0x00000810 or 0x00000410) by looking at your FACP table.

For your speedstep P-State values read through my help guide post for FormlerlyKnownAs' Speedstep thread, and like I said in my post, any problems are best directed there. But your P-State values look okay, though you have an extra comma at the end of the last package in the PSS section.

The DSDT I use now is tweaked from the hard work of mm67. If you want to know what all the fixes are then a lot of it is explained in the Gigabyte DSDT Fix thread. Sorry for not wanting to re-write it all here.

To find out what hardware Chameleon can inject you will need to either try it, or read about it on the voodooproject's forum.

Hi Nick, well, now i´m using modded BIOS for Activate Windows7 with original OEM keys.

(The trick is to introduce a patch on BIOS to make system view machine like an autentic 'powered by' DELL manufacture, then using OEM keys(original from my notebook DELL) Windows7 Ultimate activates correctly..)

I'm currently on BIOS F9c on my EP43-DS3L - so was wondering what version you were on, in case it mattered at all? I can only find an 'HP-modded' bios on that site, not a Dell one.

My CPU DSDT section is just like yours. I only changed the P-states settings for my Q9505.

I run Windows in a VMWare Fusion virtual machine.

I have no overclock.

Do you think I can disable those BIOS settings safely?

Yes, it should be okay to try.

Thanks for showing me that thiago. I might be able to find a use for that :rolleyes:

I'm currently on BIOS F9c on my EP43-DS3L - so was wondering what version you were on, in case it mattered at all? I can only find an 'HP-modded' bios on that site, not a Dell one.

Well i´m using last version F9e that improves boot times with AHCI v1.20E.

Give a try: GA-EP43-DS3L - F9E - DELL

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model : GA-EP43-DS3L (rev. 1.0) [b]F9E[/b]
-Bios Type : Award
-Bios Link :
[url="http://asia.giga-byte.com/FileList/BIOS/motherboard_bios_ga-ep43-ds3l_f9e.exe"]http://asia.giga-byte.com/FileList/B...3-ds3l_f9e.exe[/url]

SLIC: DELL 2.1
SLP: DELL
Cert: DELL
Modded with AWARD SLIC Mod 1.25
Mod method: SSV3

I´ve used @BIOS to update them.

Good luck.

Thanks for showing me that thiago. I might be able to find a use for that :(

Doing a quickly search, i found that your GA-EP45-DS3L are modded too using DELL Slic 2.1..

If you want to see more...Give a try..

Regards.

Do you think it's not booting because of the LPCB?

Because mine isn't ICH10, it's ICH10R.

I think adding the ICH10R Device-ID will fix it in the DSDT.aml will fix that don't you think so?

THank you so much for your help.

You'll have to use 3a18 (ICH10) because 3a16 (ICH10R) isn't natively supported via OS X.

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x02)
                       {
                           "device-id", Buffer (0x04){0x18, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00}
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }

did you figure out another way to fix the SATA Problem without the kext? or do we have to use kexts now?
The only known DSDT patch known to eliminate the need for IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext is to use the device ID for EBS devices.

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  //<-- ESB Patch to remove IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext (use at own risk)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x02)
                       {
                           "device-id", Buffer (0x04){0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00}
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }

However I'm still not 100% convinced this is the best idea. See post #191 onward

I got everythiing working :-), I also added the GFX String in the DSDT.aml

Except for the gfx actually... GraphicsEnabler doesn't work with GTS 250 lol...

But yea, I'm going to post a thread with your DSDT.aml that's edited to work with EP43-DS3LR if you don't mind?

I'll wait for your permission.

I have a question about the EP45-DS3L...

In my board, I had to choose PCI0, PEGX Graphics option in the ACPI Patcher in Windows.

Is it same here? PCI0, PEGX? or is it PCI1, PEGX (or etc etc)

Thanks

I got everythiing working :-), I also added the GFX String in the DSDT.aml

Except for the gfx actually... GraphicsEnabler doesn't work with GTS 250 lol...

But yea, I'm going to post a thread with your DSDT.aml that's edited to work with EP43-DS3LR if you don't mind?

I'll wait for your permission.

I have a question about the EP45-DS3L...

In my board, I had to choose PCI0, PEGX Graphics option in the ACPI Patcher in Windows.

Is it same here? PCI0, PEGX? or is it PCI1, PEGX (or etc etc)

Thanks

Not sure if you're replying to me. Add a @kDawg or hit reply to whatever post you're responding to.

But I've only ever seen Gigabyte boards use PCI0. Also, I believed you also asked me to post my DSDT. Here it is.

kDawg_GA_EP45_UD3P_dsdt.dsl.zip If you're looking for my permission go ahead. What thread is it BTW? I might want to follow it.

I have a question for you. What Bluetooth dongle are you using that lets you wake from sleep with Bluetooth?