Jump to content

Should I Purchase a MBP or Wait for a new Revision?


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1
sixth

sixth

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hey guys....I feel its time for me to purchase a Mac book pro, been using my thinkpad as a test bed for os x and love it but i want the real thing. I am alittle worried about all the hardware issues, heat, noise, possible issues with the power adapter etc....what do you guys recommend? Should I wait for a new hardware revision? If so how long should I wait?

Thanks!

#2
Colonel

Colonel

    11 Herbs & Spices

  • Retired
  • 4,157 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:KFC
Just get a Macbook. The only difference between it and the MBP is that the screen is 2" smaller and there's integrated graphics. It's alot cheaper and does the same things.

#3
jgrimes80

jgrimes80

    InsanelyMac Sage

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
If you plan on using it for professional purposes, I'd wait... but then again, no matter when you get the best, something always comes out soon after. Seriously, I'd wait till all issues are resolved.

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS

I'm sure those MB will hold their own, if you're sure you're not going to need external display and feel like saving a good penny (get at LEAST a G of RAM)

#4
Colonel

Colonel

    11 Herbs & Spices

  • Retired
  • 4,157 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:KFC

If you plan on using it for professional purposes, I'd wait... but then again, no matter when you get the best, something always comes out soon after. Seriously, I'd wait for rev b.


rev B has come and gone. I think we're on rev D now.

#5
sixth

sixth

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Well guys thanks for the response...i will prolly be placing my order in a week or so, hopefully apple fixes the heat issues, and the other problems. but like everyone said, they make changes so fast, does anyone have any idea when an updated macbook pro will be coming out? i am guessing end of the summer?

hey jgrimes...where did you get that termperature monitoring program that shows all that information like that?

#6
jgrimes80

jgrimes80

    InsanelyMac Sage

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
It's actually a widget, hell, they're all widgets... on the desktop though :guitar:

I think I found them at the Apple.com... I honestly don't remember. If you PM me with an email address, I'll be happy to send it/them to you.

#7
Swad

Swad

    Founder.

  • Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
If you can wait until August or September, I would. That's when the Merom chip will comeout and I'm sure Apple will jump on it pretty quckly.

Plus it will give Apple time to work out all the kinks that have plauged the MBP - I just don't think they had the production experience with an Intel notebook going into all this, thus the problems.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy