[How To] GMX iDisk (1 GB FREE space)

~Neo

32 posts in this topic

Is there anyway to make this GMX "iDisk" works like .Mac, I mean I can sync and backup data from Preferences .Mac. See this : http://www.tnpi.biz/computing/mac/tips/idisk/, this guy emulate his own mac to work like .Mac

You need scripting support for this and unfortunately you have none via GMX. This is no server, just webspace,

accessable via webdav.

You need scripting support for this and unfortunately you have none via GMX. This is no server, just webspace,

accessable via webdav.

Hi xtraa,

Can you be more specific about this script ? What do I need, space at a webhosting capable of scripting ?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I managed to set up the mediacenter.gmx.net on my finder

thanks for that...

and thinking it would act like a drive, I started loading info onto it

(after rebooting etc)

but it goes eternally slowly..

any suggestions?

• 4 months later...

This would be great if I could figure out how to register at GMx...

"Die Adresse enthält einen Fehler. Bitte nochmal prüfen." Is all that will show up.

Edited by Ictinike

• 2 weeks later...

hmm i don't know but messing with a host-file gives me the shivers. ok, it's cool to have an idisk-icon and such stuff... but i think it's not worth the risk. i prefer to use the connect to server-thingy or some app to connect to a webdav server.

gmx is great for copying data between different 'mediacenter'-accounts. if you can' make up a german address, use the german white pages for it (www.dasoertliche.de). pick a common name like schulze, schultze, meier, maier, müller,... enter a big city in germany and thats it. but please don't subscribe to something else than freemail. borrow the people's names but don't make them be pissed of :)

if you need some more info check the msj-site for more thoughts about gmx.

:unsure: