[Guide] Asus P6T SE Retail Vanilla w/ Chameleon -- 100% working

absolutenot

78 posts in this topic

I'm having problems too...

Everything freezes on a certain point at the first few steps of the installer. Actually it freezes 2 times: First time after I press the "agree"-Button on the welcome-screen, but it unfreezes after some time. The second time it freezes on the "Select a Destination"-Screen while it says "Examining available disks..."

After some time the Cursor vanishes and the whole thing stays there frozen forever...

My hardware specification is:

Core i7 920

Asus P6T SE

nVidia 9800GT (is going to be replaced by 9800GTX from signature when install finishes)

OCZ 3GB RAM at 1333MHz (Memtest86+ passed without any error)

I did everything that was mentioned in the guide! Please help!

What version are trying to install?

I installed with 10.5.1 retail disk with no problems but when i updated to 10.5.6 it started freezing

the solution is to patch dsdt and and remove the alias from the file (guide on 1st page)

try setting up the account as fast as you can and when registration screen comes press "apple key" + Q or "windows key" + Q to skip it, after that it will probably freeze...

Reboot and patch dsdt

reboot and install chameleon rc2 (assuming you are booting from boot132 disk) and copy dsdt to /DSDT.aml and your extensions (use zip package from post 35 i think) to /Extra/Extensions

to fix permissions type

sudo chmod -R 755 /Extra/Extensions

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Extra/Extensions

after that you can boot from chameleon

thats what i did i hope it help =P

I'm using a 10.5.7 Retail DVD

try setting up the account as fast as you can

I can not even select the volume where I want to install Leopard because before it has finished to check if the volume is suitable for the installation it freezes permanently

If I try to format the harddisk first the installation freezes as soon as I press on the partitioning tab (includes vanishing cursor)

Did you disable the ht and cores on bios?

I think you need a version of boot132 that supports dsdt...

I had this problem but only when i updated to 10.5.6

i think i saw a guide on guides section or voodoo forum about how to make a chameleon 2 with dsdt boot cd

im pretty sure thats your problem

If you're right I think there are 2 possibilities...

1) get a new boot-CD with DSDT

2) get an older version of Leopard

The try with a different harddisk unfortunately failed...

The question is now where I can get a boot-CD with DSDT and how I can put the correct DSDT file on it... Thanks in advance for any help!

I'll simply get myself a 10.5.4 Retail DVD and let the whole thing with DSDT be because I do not find any download links anywhere... --> Problem solved (soon)...

(Because people say the DSDT file doesn't load from the CD, I would have to put it on the DVD which is actually more complicated for me than simply get an older DVD)

EDIT:

I have now tried a 10.5.4 Retail DVD, but it freezes WHILE loading the Language selection. The verbose outpus says "display: family specific matching fails" at the last 2 lines and the computer does nothing... After a long time the selection-screen appears and a frozen beachball appears very slowly (about 15min) line by line which has no transparency... Has anyone ever heard about this (very annoying) sort of problem?

To be sure I'll post my CPU-BIOS-settings:

CPU Ratio Setting: Auto

C1E Support: Enabled

Hardware Prefetcher: Enabled

Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch: Enabled

Intel Virtualization Tech: Enabled

CPU TM Function: Enabled

XD Bit: Enabled

Intel HT Technology: Disabled

Active Processor Cores: 1

A20M: Disabled

Speed Step: Enabled

Intel Turbo Mode Tech: Enabled

Intel C-State Tech: Disabled

And the boot-CD is the "Asus P6T Deluxe Boot-132 v3"

THANK YOU VERY MUCH _WOLVERINE_!!!

Disabling these 2 option worked for me very well!

But there's a new problem for me... The vanilla kernel won't accept the FSB with value 0. so it does instantly restart... I know that I must install Chameleon (this is what I did and actually I never tried without), but it doesn't make it better... I think it's a problem with the loading of the DSDT.aml but it's now 2 AM and there's enough time later today for me... I'll post any success here!

after installing the update, my computer runs really slow and eventually crashes.

I'm i supposed to not reboot right after the update?

sounds like a DSDT issue --

Try scaling back your CPU settings in BIOS, boot with cpus=1 and rebuild your DSDT.aml

Anyone know why my RAM would show up at 6GB DDR2 as opposed to DDR3? Hell it's way faster than 667MHz. I realize it's probably cosmetic, but still.

OH, and the real question I had--mine shows up at MacPro 2,1. I noticed in other's signatures they're getting 4,1. Can I change that?

I finally got mine to fully work by modifying the EFI partition as told in MJs guide!

But since I do not have any Chameleon now :D I can't apply the TimeMachine fix...

EDIT: TimeMachine is now working! I had to inject the ethernet which was simple using EfiStudio! Strange thing...

I need some help with Asus P6T SE.

I use boot 132 to install a Original version 10.5.0.

That's all ok when i use boot 132.

Then I try to update to 10.5.6 (original apple combo update).

And which kernel i Have to use? Where can I find?

I have to install chamaleon rC2 (Directly from the package)?

I have to modify apple.com.plist bursratio=20? another modifications?

Something more? I have a i920

Thanks.

install chamelon rc2

patch dsdt

yes add busratio=20 to com.apple.Boot.plist

for now stick with voodoo kernel

update to 10.5.8

can you write me? the line in com.apple.boot.plist? I wonder I'm wrong.

When I update from 10.5.0 to 10.5.7 and install chamelon (without reeboting) I can't open any other aplication, The aplication closes.

I use OSX86Tools to change the kernel. Is it correct?

How can I patch dsdt.

Tanks.