• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
OK, I just had the whole thing working, now I may have {censored}ed it up again. Whatevs.

Anyway, my DSDT.aml is all set, as is everything except my video kext. I have a HD4870 512MB.

I just installed the kexts from the 4830/4850/4870 thread here:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=155477

I extract the kexts using pacifist and then put them in the /E/E folder and repaired permissions/ownership.

Now, the computer will not boot in safe mode, or anything.

I assume this is the Cham 2 bootloader interfering because of the built in video that I was suppose to change in my plist. When I change that I will be all set, right?

So, here are my questions:
Anyone else have a 4870 they have fully configured?

Also, when I attempt to rebuild the extension on the p6T HDD from my working hackintosh it is no go. Currently I am :
cd to /Extra on the P6T HDD
issue the rebuild command (no new file is created)

Is there another line I need in order to set the P6T HDD as root ?

I ask because I was hoping to just take those 2 ATI kexts out, rebuild, then use my GeForce 7200GS to edit the plist, get the proper kexts installed again, then shut down and plug in the HD4870.

previously I just disabled HT and 3 cores and did the DSDT/extensions.mkext during the first boot.

Thanks for the guide btw, its great!

absolutenot

absolutenot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I noticed that Digital Dreamer's installer was using /extra/stored_kexts as well when I first started. I noticed in some of the documentation that /extra/extensions seemed to be the place that other people were using, so I changed digital dreamer's script to work with /extra/extensions. I only used that guide as loose idea since I knew there'd be incompatible kexts involved.

As soon as I got off of Boot-132, I've been using /e/e ever since.

As far as the ATI issue --

Are you using an EFI string? If so, you'll need to disable the GraphicsEnabler in the info.plist example I gave back in post #35. We've found that if you use GraphicsEnabler, it messes with any other EFI strings that you use. The same may hold true for EthernetBuiltIn. I'd try removing those two items in the /extra/com.apple.boot.plist and see if that gets your graphics back. If that does work, you may need to find another way to inject you graphics if you want to use Time Machine.

~absolutenot

absolutenot

absolutenot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Finally got around to installing 10.5.8 update --

I did lose sound, but all I had to do to get it back was to rebuild my /extra/extensions.mkext again.

Anyway -- hope all is well -- keep hacking!

_Wolverine_

_Wolverine_

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Hi guys
i need your help
ive managed to install it (retail) and chameleon v2 but it wont boot
it only boot with the boot132cd (i got from p6t {not the SE} topic) but my cpu is always at 100% and after 5 minutes it freezes and i need to do hard restart
ive already deleted AppleIntelCPU kext
need your help guys
thanks

and 80% of the time this error appears
USBF: 1.321 AppleUSBUHCI: unable to initialize UIM

tweak41

tweak41

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
Has anyone tried using iDeneb 1.5.1 and managed to successfully boot it? It installs the retail system with a few very common patches for OS X. So far I haven't had any luck with it...mostly random kernel panics that are different each time I reinstall. Currently I'm stuck on a wall of text from booting with the -v flag...some garbage about mDNSResponder. I'm not sure if I should just sit and wait it out or what to do.

Anyway if someone has successfully installed would you mind posting BIOS settings and what fixes you used. I'm only trying the bare minimum right now--ICHx patch, JMicron, Chameleon. The less the better as far as I'm concerned. Or at least until I hear otherwise. I guess I'll just keep trying and see if I can't find a combo that works. It sure would be great to get this running on my new i7 rig. It worked great with my P5K-E.

_Wolverine_

_Wolverine_

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
bump =/

absolutenot

absolutenot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Hi guys
i need your help
ive managed to install it (retail) and chameleon v2 but it wont boot
it only boot with the boot132cd (i got from p6t {not the SE} topic) but my cpu is always at 100% and after 5 minutes it freezes and i need to do hard restart
ive already deleted AppleIntelCPU kext
need your help guys
thanks

and 80% of the time this error appears
USBF: 1.321 AppleUSBUHCI: unable to initialize UIM

The only time I've had issue with a hang on boot is when there was a permissions issue on my /extra folder.

The CPU usage is a side-effect of Boot-132 with no DSDT. The first install when I was using boot-132 was murder until I got my dsdt.aml file created and in place.

My advice would be to double-check everything in your extra folder -- make sure you have your DSDT, make sure all of the kexts you need match what has been posted in this thread, and double-check your ownership/permissions on the extensions folder... everything in there needs to be root:wheel and 755. delete and rebuild your /extras/Extensions.mkext again for good measure. My theory is that your issue lies in one of these items.

You may consider stripping it down to only the kexts that are needed to boot the OS, with no concerns towards audio or QE until you can figure out what's going on... the kexts that I found were the bare minimum you need are:

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 AHCIPortInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 ATAPortInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 Disabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 JMicronATAInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 dsmos.kext

Try clearning out all but those, rebuilding your /extra/Extensions.mkext, and see if you can boot. If so -- then start building back up from there -- all that was extra in the guide was OpenHaltRestart, HDAEnabler, and AppleHDA

_Wolverine_

_Wolverine_

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
ok thanks
ill try because when my comp freezes it corrupt the efi partition and i have to do it all over again =/
ill try later thanks

_Wolverine_

_Wolverine_

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
its working!!! =D
thanks!!!
Dont know if you can help me...
Im trying to find seatbelt.kext from 10.5.7 (im using kernel 9.7 made for i7 i think)
my sound is not working, i think chameleon is not loading extensions on the efi partition i found yesterday the Extra folder on / i deleted it but dont know if its loading the extensions...
And im on 10.5.6 and i want to update any tips?

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
I am having problems =/

I am using the kext package from after the audio situation was worked out. I do a retail install using the script installer, followed by 10.5.7, then RC2, then copy the kexts in, and a dsdt.aml from when I previously had this motherboard working.

I then set 755 and root:wheel to the Extra folder and the Extensions folder and verified that all files in both folders had root:wheel set by using ls -l.

I then get the seemingly common mDNSresponder [22] error. That repeats 4-5 times and hangs the boot process. I am pretty sure the DSDT file is correct since I checked it again using iAML and verifying that the alias lines are all removed.

I have not modified my plist at all because I am using a HD4870 and there is no 100% successful string for it yet.

I assume that it is my video that is causing the lack of boot, but I am quite quite open to suggestions. I have tried to use a EFI string with a 9600GSO 384MB that I have lying around, but that did not seem to work either. Same hangup on boot.

I have also tried to install the .pkg installers for the HD4870 through my working Mac (different hack completely) onto the target i7 drive, but that did not change the verbose mode hangs either.

Is there a way to boot in -x mode with Chameleon RC2? I only see verbose, force, and single user.

I have also tried to boot with HT disabled, one core enabled. No cigar--same error.

What else can I do?

EDIT
Another fresh install and disabling HT and 3 of the cores and I can get past that point, I freeze right before the video card is initialized, so I guess I will add in the 9600GSO plist and see if I can limp into the desktop with 1 core running.

I guess my previous DSDT was bad, even though it was working for the motherboard earlier. All I have done is changed video cards (I had a GeForce 7300GS 256 in there previously). Would changing the video card render my DSDT no good?

EDIT x2
switched SATA ports the main HDD was plugged into on the motherboard and it booted up? err..I wont complain?

Hardware:
i7 920
asus p6t (vanilla)
BIOS 403
6GB DDR3-1600
HD4870 512MB reference design

PacmanMCE

PacmanMCE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'm having problems too...

Everything freezes on a certain point at the first few steps of the installer. Actually it freezes 2 times: First time after I press the "agree"-Button on the welcome-screen, but it unfreezes after some time. The second time it freezes on the "Select a Destination"-Screen while it says "Examining available disks..."
After some time the Cursor vanishes and the whole thing stays there frozen forever...

My hardware specification is:
Core i7 920
Asus P6T SE
nVidia 9800GT (is going to be replaced by 9800GTX from signature when install finishes)
OCZ 3GB RAM at 1333MHz (Memtest86+ passed without any error)

I did everything that was mentioned in the guide! Please help!

_Wolverine_

_Wolverine_

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
What version are trying to install?
I installed with 10.5.1 retail disk with no problems but when i updated to 10.5.6 it started freezing

the solution is to patch dsdt and and remove the alias from the file (guide on 1st page)

try setting up the account as fast as you can and when registration screen comes press "apple key" + Q or "windows key" + Q to skip it, after that it will probably freeze...
Reboot and patch dsdt
reboot and install chameleon rc2 (assuming you are booting from boot132 disk) and copy dsdt to /DSDT.aml and your extensions (use zip package from post 35 i think) to /Extra/Extensions

to fix permissions type

sudo chmod -R 755 /Extra/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Extra/Extensions

after that you can boot from chameleon

thats what i did i hope it help =P

PacmanMCE

PacmanMCE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'm using a 10.5.7 Retail DVD

try setting up the account as fast as you can

I can not even select the volume where I want to install Leopard because before it has finished to check if the volume is suitable for the installation it freezes permanently

If I try to format the harddisk first the installation freezes as soon as I press on the partitioning tab (includes vanishing cursor)

_Wolverine_

_Wolverine_

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Did you disable the ht and cores on bios?
I think you need a version of boot132 that supports dsdt...
I had this problem but only when i updated to 10.5.6

i think i saw a guide on guides section or voodoo forum about how to make a chameleon 2 with dsdt boot cd
im pretty sure thats your problem

PacmanMCE

PacmanMCE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
If you're right I think there are 2 possibilities...
1) get a new boot-CD with DSDT
2) get an older version of Leopard

The try with a different harddisk unfortunately failed...
The question is now where I can get a boot-CD with DSDT and how I can put the correct DSDT file on it... Thanks in advance for any help!

_Wolverine_

_Wolverine_

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Look at voodoo forum i think i saw something about chameleon rc2 boot cd

PacmanMCE

PacmanMCE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'll simply get myself a 10.5.4 Retail DVD and let the whole thing with DSDT be because I do not find any download links anywhere... --> Problem solved (soon)...
(Because people say the DSDT file doesn't load from the CD, I would have to put it on the DVD which is actually more complicated for me than simply get an older DVD)

EDIT:
I have now tried a 10.5.4 Retail DVD, but it freezes WHILE loading the Language selection. The verbose outpus says "display: family specific matching fails" at the last 2 lines and the computer does nothing... After a long time the selection-screen appears and a frozen beachball appears very slowly (about 15min) line by line which has no transparency... Has anyone ever heard about this (very annoying) sort of problem?

To be sure I'll post my CPU-BIOS-settings:
CPU Ratio Setting: Auto
C1E Support: Enabled
Hardware Prefetcher: Enabled
Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Tech: Enabled
CPU TM Function: Enabled
XD Bit: Enabled
Intel HT Technology: Disabled
Active Processor Cores: 1
A20M: Disabled
Speed Step: Enabled
Intel Turbo Mode Tech: Enabled
Intel C-State Tech: Disabled

And the boot-CD is the "Asus P6T Deluxe Boot-132 v3"

_Wolverine_

_Wolverine_

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Disable CPU TM and SpeedStep
boot with rd(0,1)/machkernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f rd=disk1s3
this is how i did and the disk1s3 is the cd drive

i can upload my bootcd if you want...

PacmanMCE

PacmanMCE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
THANK YOU VERY MUCH _WOLVERINE_!!!
Disabling these 2 option worked for me very well!

But there's a new problem for me... The vanilla kernel won't accept the FSB with value 0. so it does instantly restart... I know that I must install Chameleon (this is what I did and actually I never tried without), but it doesn't make it better... I think it's a problem with the loading of the DSDT.aml but it's now 2 AM and there's enough time later today for me... I'll post any success here!

_Wolverine_

_Wolverine_

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Boot first with busratio=20 if you have i7 920

download this kernel mode for us =D no need to type the busratio and performance boost!!
http://www.insanelym...owtopic=162100#

this is a 9.7 kernel so you need the seatbelt from 10.5.7 i can upload later if you want

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy