Help with reFit - Booting Options

1 post in this topic

Hello,

First, I apologize if this topic has been covered elsewhere. I am not really familiar in the territory of things I am trying to accomplish; however, trying doesn't hurt. So here goes:

I have successfully installed MAC OS X (10.5.7) on my MacBook 5,1 along with Windows7 and Ubuntu. I have been into all three operating systems, and they all work. The problem is with the 'reFit' tool. When it opens, if I select to boot into OS X, it works fine. If I select the Linux option, the penguin appears and the computer remains still. If I select the Windows option, the grub loader appears and I have the option to go into (something of this effect):

Ubuntu Generic

Ubunti Safe Mood

Ubuntu Memory Test

Windows7

I can select from all four, and they load into the appropriate places. I have tried the 're-sync' tool and it says that there is no need to run it.

Is there a way to fix this, or remove reFit so that when I boot my laptop, if I want to go into Ubuntu or Windows7 I can just hold down the 'option' key (since I use OS X mainly anyways).

Thank you in advance to anyone's help, advice or tips. I tried digging through the reFit page and couldn't find (or at least I don't think I found) the appropriate article/help page.

B