New patched 10.4.6 iso with apps

sonicbuddha

72 posts in this topic

I am curious if there are any other non-torrent ways to download a copy of any of these releases. The network I am on doesnt allow people to use bit torrent and so its going to very hard to get a copy.

Are there any FTP's or IRC channels to check out?

Try this:

Control-click on the iso and select Open with DiskImageMounter. If that choice is not there, then, instead. open Disk Utility. Drag the iso image to the lower left pane. Select the image. Go to File menu > Open image.

Once the iso is open, run the Install Bundled Software package.

So... when one has an ISO (namely this one, which happened to have the most seeders at the time) which Segfaults on one's Venice A64 3500+..... is there some boot parameters one can whack in to make it a-go-go? Or does one need to burn another 5gb of my bandwidth and get another ISO?

I had a search and couldn't find anything appropriate... does that maybe mean there's some kind of flaw in this distro?

Sorry to those who have had problems with this ISO. I'll admit, I haven't actually used it for an install, I just wanted the apps that came with it. I know that demonoid has other working ISOs, some I can personally vouch for. Just search for 10.4.6.

As for a direct download, well, I am nearly certain that Apple would have the hide of whoever was hosting it pretty darn quick. Heck, I'm surprised we can even talk about where we get the patched install disks. Not that I would use one, I mean, its illegal.

If your ISP is blocking bittorrents, thats easy to get around. Bittorrent uses standard ports to share data (if you don't know what that is, think of them as windows through which your data passes). Your ISP prevents bittorrents by blocking those ports. So, what do you do? Change the ports you use. Most clients have this ability (I use the command line, so don't ask me about other clients). Just set your client to use ports higher up than standard, probably something around 6000-7000.

Good luck!

OH, I forgot to mention: Pacifist is a GREAT way to install the additional bundled apps w/o having to go through a full install or doing compatibility tests. Check it out!

http://www.charlessoft.com/

If everyone could be so kind as to keep your torrent downloading program open so the people who are downloading at 4kb/s can speed up the process a bit.

It will help to get the ball rolling.

Thanks!

If everyone could be so kind as to keep your torrent downloading program open so the people who are downloading at 4kb/s can speed up the process a bit.

It will help to get the ball rolling.

Thanks!

i seeded to 80%, then deleted since it seemed to me that the image was faulty.

...although I might be getting it again if iLife actually works.

Lil help anybody? The sooner I know whether or not I can use this ISO, the better, since these things take a day or two to download...

EDIT: My errors are the same as kiddz0r's errors.

Segfaults in notifyd... and when the errors are over, it dumps you at a command prompt.

I've been trying to search on demoniod but I get a login screen and stuff. also registration seems to be closed...by invitation only. any help will be greatly appreciated, PM me. I already have a working osx but the updates are dificult to come by since I don't have that pc connected to the net.

I get "please try to install again" instantly once the install process begins every time with this build.

It seems your DVD is hard readable (bad media) or if you try to install in VMware using an image, the MD5 sum appears to be corrupt.

i would like to try this out. if you can, please Pm the invitation to demonoid. I'm really appreciated. Thanks. I used the goatsecx version but no sound. Hopefully this version will solve it.

If you guys are wanting to get iLife soo bad i know to get them download Limewire at www.limewire.com you might to close the app a couple of times till you connect to a host that knows where the files are ohh also you can get Office.

• 3 weeks later...

I dowloaded the torrent but it wasn't spanish. It came as a vmware folder with all the vmware datafiles and an image called tiger-x86-flat.iso that was 6gig big. I used the Ubuntu Live CD install method with an external USB drive and issued a DD command and after about an hour I rebooted and dammit did it work like a charm!

I am using a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop with 256 megs of ram. The video was gray and almost unreadable but once I changed the video memory to use 8mb instead of 1mb it booted into glorious color. i even have sound working!

I will be trying out the wifi tomorrow and I will post an update.

I'm impressed with this install. Maybe my laptop is just lucky enough to run it but so far its fast as hell, much faster that a fresh XP install. iTunes loads in 2 seconds. Now to hammer it and see if it takes a beating!