• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

dmel75

dmel75

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I've used the following method to get OSX 10.5.7 up and running on the Aspire One D150-1920 netbook. I bought two of these from woot.com recently for 250$ each. So far, the only thing that's not working is sleep mode. I have to give credit to 'skateni' on the hackint0sh.org forums and 'xtractstudios' on YouTube for blazing this trail ahead of me. I primarily want to use this machine as a web/email/iPhone sync machine so even if it did not work 100%, if it does those 3 things ok then it will fit my purpose just fine. I'm more than pleased with the performance so far, seems stable, takes updates and is not too slow at all. This guide is not a complete step by step, I gathered information from guides on all types of OSX installs from all over the net and it took me 6-7 tries to find this combination of steps/kexts to get it working reliably. YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY if you're using different hardware or a different DVD distro. but for the Acer Aspire One D150-1920 10.1 inch netbook, this formula should also work for you with iAtkos v7 10.5.7.

Hardware mods:
I added the Dell 1490 Wireless card (eBay, 15$) and a 2GB stick of ram from NewEgg.com for 25$, otherwise, the netbook is stock hardware.

Use iAtkos v7 10.5.7 DVD (where you find this is up to you.)

-Boot iAtkos v7 DVD
-Prep your hard disk with Disk Utilitiy, I used GUID partition table, 1 partition.
-Select the following items from "Customize" after running disk utility and selecting your disk to install OSX to.

+ (Expand section)
* (Select item)

*iatkos v7 Main System (Installed By Default)
+Bootloader
*Chameleon v2 (Installed By Default)
+X86 Patches
+Decrypters (Unselect AppleDecypt)
*Dsmos (Select)
+Kernel
*9.50.0 KernelVoodoo (Select)
+ACPI
*x86 ACPI (Select)
+Drivers
+Video
*Intel GMA950
+Sound
*Voodoo HDA driver (Installed By Default)
+System
+PS/2 Mouse Keyboard (Only Select One)
*Apple Ps/2 Driver (Select)
+Sytem
*Laptop Battery (Select)
+Network
(Skip Wired for now) (Not Applicable to Acer Aspire One D150)
+Wireless
*Broadcom BCM43xx (Choose this only if you have the Dell replacement card Dw1490,Dw1390,Dw1395) (Select)
*Post_Install Actions (Installed By Default)

To do after you reboot:

-Enable trackpad prefs, touch-to-click copy keyboard.Prefpane to /System/Library/PreferencePanes to enable double tapping on the trackpad. Set it up in System Preferences and Keyboard/Mouse.

(I attempted using the Voodoo touchpad driver but it causes erratic mouse/kb behavior, if you know how to get 2-finger scrolling working on this netbook please let me know!)

-Wired LAN Use kext Helper or OSX86Tools to install AttansicL1eEthernet. Setup your LAN via Network Preferences. Connect to your network.

-Update via software update. Avoid AirPort, EFI and Kernel/System updates. These updates I generally look here for first rather than from Apple. Other updates like iTunes, iLife, Java, etc. should work fine.

Reboot once more and you're done.

Useful forum post: http://www.hackint0s.../f200/70873.htm (kext files referenced are found here)

Wifi, Lan, Photobooth, iChat. Quartz, USB all work great, sleep not working yet but I think I can use hibernationmode=0 to at least get hibernation working. Otherwise, seems stable. If anyone knows of a working sleep fix for the Aspire One D150 let me know.

I now have a Leopard 10.5.7 install on a very portable machine. Great for an iPhone sync companion. Loving this little machine so far! No kernel panics yet!

Good luck!

Fresh50

Fresh50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Are you getting full 1024 x 600 with this or stuck at 800 x 600?

SticMAC™

SticMAC™

"Nobody likes a SmartASS"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

........and a 2GB stick of ram from NewEgg.com for 25$, otherwise, the netbook is stock hardware.

You say, you added a 2GB memory stick? so is it seeing 3GB?!

SticMAC

dmel75

dmel75

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

You say, you added a 2GB memory stick? so is it seeing 3GB?!

SticMAC

No, took the 1gb out, 2gb is the max.

Are you getting full 1024 x 600 with this or stuck at 800 x 600?

Yes, full resolution 1024x600 and Quartz enabled. I'll shoot a youtube of it and post it soon.

dmel75

dmel75

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Here's a Youtube showing OSX in action on the Aspire One D150. You can see that I have Quartz working, sound, etc.
YouTube video

Fresh50

Fresh50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Nice video, I'm running the same hardware and my install seems pretty solid. How did you turn on Quartz Extreme? I turned Quartz on in OSx86 Tools but not sure on the Extreme.

dmel75

dmel75

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Nice video, I'm running the same hardware and my install seems pretty solid. How did you turn on Quartz Extreme? I turned Quartz on in OSx86 Tools but not sure on the Extreme.

The video performance you see in that youtube is the result of simply checking the GMA950 box during the install. I did not remove any kexts or add any, on my D150 it just worked after that. I do not remember having to go into osx86tools and enable quartz or anything else.

My remaining issues that I'm researching solutions for are: sleep and an odd issue with sound via the headphones. When I listen to anything via the external speakers it sounds fine, when I use headphones it sounds as if I'm listening through a couple of tin cans or something, an odd echo like sound. Anyone else experienced this?

Charlene

Charlene

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've used the following method to get OSX 10.5.7 up and running on the Aspire One D150-1920 netbook. I bought two of these from woot.com recently for 250$ each. So far, the only thing that's not working is sleep mode. I have to give credit to 'skateni' on the hackint0sh.org forums and 'xtractstudios' on YouTube for blazing this trail ahead of me. I primarily want to use this machine as a web/email/iPhone sync machine so even if it did not work 100%, if it does those 3 things ok then it will fit my purpose just fine. I'm more than pleased with the performance so far, seems stable, takes updates and is not too slow at all. This guide is not a complete step by step, I gathered information from guides on all types of OSX installs from all over the net and it took me 6-7 tries to find this combination of steps/kexts to get it working reliably. YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY if you're using different hardware or a different DVD distro. but for the Acer Aspire One D150-1920 10.1 inch netbook, this formula should also work for you with iAtkos v7 10.5.7.

Hardware mods:
I added the Dell 1490 Wireless card (eBay, 15$) and a 2GB stick of ram from NewEgg.com for 25$, otherwise, the netbook is stock hardware.

Use iAtkos v7 10.5.7 DVD (where you find this is up to you.)

-Boot iAtkos v7 DVD
-Prep your hard disk with Disk Utilitiy, I used GUID partition table, 1 partition.
-Select the following items from "Customize" after running disk utility and selecting your disk to install OSX to.

+ (Expand section)
* (Select item)

*iatkos v7 Main System (Installed By Default)
+Bootloader
*Chameleon v2 (Installed By Default)
+X86 Patches
+Decrypters (Unselect AppleDecypt)
*Dsmos (Select)
+Kernel
*9.50.0 KernelVoodoo (Select)
+ACPI
*x86 ACPI (Select)
+Drivers
+Video
*Intel GMA950
+Sound
*Voodoo HDA driver (Installed By Default)
+System
+PS/2 Mouse Keyboard (Only Select One)
*Apple Ps/2 Driver (Select)
+Sytem
*Laptop Battery (Select)
+Network
(Skip Wired for now) (Not Applicable to Acer Aspire One D150)
+Wireless
*Broadcom BCM43xx (Choose this only if you have the Dell replacement card Dw1490,Dw1390,Dw1395) (Select)
*Post_Install Actions (Installed By Default)

To do after you reboot:

-Enable trackpad prefs, touch-to-click � copy keyboard.Prefpane to /System/Library/PreferencePanes to enable double tapping on the trackpad. Set it up in System Preferences and Keyboard/Mouse.

(I attempted using the Voodoo touchpad driver but it causes erratic mouse/kb behavior, if you know how to get 2-finger scrolling working on this netbook please let me know!)

-Wired LAN � Use kext Helper or OSX86Tools to install AttansicL1eEthernet. Setup your LAN via Network Preferences. Connect to your network.

-Update via software update. Avoid AirPort, EFI and Kernel/System updates. These updates I generally look here for first rather than from Apple. Other updates like iTunes, iLife, Java, etc. should work fine.

Reboot once more and you're done.

Useful forum post: http://www.hackint0s.../f200/70873.htm (kext files referenced are found here)

Wifi, Lan, Photobooth, iChat. Quartz, USB all work great, sleep not working yet but I think I can use hibernationmode=0 to at least get hibernation working. Otherwise, seems stable. If anyone knows of a working sleep fix for the Aspire One D150 let me know.

I now have a Leopard 10.5.7 install on a very portable machine. Great for an iPhone sync companion. Loving this little machine so far! No kernel panics yet!

Good luck!

I bought the same one from Woot! What version BIOS did you update to? I'm not having any luck with PhotoBooth and iChat video. But, webcam works with Skype. Also having trouble with mic. Sound works, but internal mic does not.

Have you been able to use all these?

jc2221

jc2221

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I have the same a150 with dell wifi card and 1.5g of ram. I have flashed to latest bios 3310. I get stuck on boot. I did -v and the boot gets stuck at;

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARBING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

Charlene

Charlene

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi, I have the same a150 with dell wifi card and 1.5g of ram. I have flashed to latest bios 3310. I get stuck on boot. I did -v and the boot gets stuck at;

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARBING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

Maybe try "-v cpus=1"?

jc2221

jc2221

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Maybe try "-v cpus=1"?

Excellent it worked... thanks!!

ericgrieco

ericgrieco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I have a A150 and have used the steps here to get it up and running in 10.5.7 flawless, although I can't get the touchpad tap click enabled, anyone have any insight to doing that?
Thanks Guys

Trackpad Iakos v7 Acer Aspire One A150

I just figured out how to get it up and working.
First modify the Trackpad preference pane to disable Apple's vendor ID check. Edit the Info.plist for the Trackpad.prefPane

Open terminal and type exactly as shown

sudo pico /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Trackpad.prefPane/Contents/Info.plist

An editor will appear

Scroll down and remove these lines

<key>VendorID</key>
<integer>1452</integer>

Press escape and y to Save the file, then reboot. Once rebooted you should be able to access the trackpad control panel in System Preferences.

Good Luck!!!

Nurmur

Nurmur

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
anybody knows if iATKOS v7 is compatible with my ACER ASPIRE 5335? Here's the info of My laptop

Adam B

Adam B

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I'm running IATKOs V7 on my Acer Aspire D150 and my touchpad has stopped working after doing a software update. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

As well, anyone find a way to fix the sleep issues?

tambu

tambu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Grande dmel 75!ho usato la tua guida ed ora ho un macaspire one! installazione perfetta al primo colpo con boot perfettamente funzionante xp + leopard....ti ringrazio...nelle settimane scorse avevo provato ad installare iatkos nel mio notebook asus l5 del 2004 ma non ci sono riuscito dopo 20 reinstallazioni...!Grazie :( :) :D :D :D

op3n

op3n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi! :(
I have a acer aspire 5930, and i tryed so much times to install much versions of mac, also iDeneb or snow leopard/leopard. To the finish of installation of mac, appear that step to register. Appear a movie with "welcome", and after that , appear 4 options. And i must check one of them, and i checked the last one. I press continue, and that movie appear again and again. What can i do ?? Because i want to have system op, mac and i can't. Believe me, i tryed much times :( Help me if somebody know what kind of problem is that! Thanks much much . GBU >> and sorry because i added a new reply total different of that post :(

Fresh50

Fresh50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Here's a Youtube showing OSX in action on the Aspire One D150. You can see that I have Quartz working, sound, etc.
YouTube video

I posted a response to your video. Finally got what I wanted all working.

Youtube Video

pankus91

pankus91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i have acer aspire one aoa a150
and i m installing osx on it by this method
i question that in a150 wired network is rtl1000 and in iatkos v7 there its r1000 so both is are same or not

Riter

Riter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi everybody, i have a Acer Aspire One A0751h 11.6 inch. iatkos v7 worked fine into A0751h.
Any person have a clue for this installation? I sold my acer A01 with iatkos v4. I liked install iatkos v7 in my A0751h.

THANK. Sorry for my English i know is realy bad jejejejejejeje.

chrissmith902000

chrissmith902000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have just installed iAtkos v7 on my Acer Aspire One D150-1165 and it almost works perfectly except for choppy audio and wifi (I will buy the Dell 1390 later). I am using this as a dev tool so I am not concerned with the audio but the machine always blacks the screen (possibly sleep) when running on battery. I have removed all settings within energy saver that would cause this to come on but it still happens after I unplug from the wall. I have followed your guide to a T and the only exception is that I have to use '-v cpus=1' to stop the frequent crashes that occur. I am so thankful for your guide. I appreciate any input. Thank you!

-chrissmith902000@verizon.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy