Problem with Triple Boot - Advice Needed

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I installed iAtkos R2 a number of months ago alongside Windows 7 and everything has been working without problems until I installed needed to triple boot with Vista. Vista installed without problems and I could easily go into either W7 or Vista but when trying to go into OS X I get Chain Booting Error.

Can anyone advise what steps I need to perform to get triple booting running. If need be I don't mind removing Vista and Windows 7 but as all my emails are on OS X I wouldn't want to remove it.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Darren

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Although I'm not sitting next to the PC with the problem as I'm currently at work I do recall installing EasyBCD and it did detect all 3 OS's so there was nothing for me to edit or add. I'm I doing something wrong?

Could it be that installing Vista removed the active partition marker or something like that?

TIA

Darren

Do you have vista and osx on the same drive ? Then it probably flagged Vista as active instead. Try booting into Osx with the cd and see if you can reactivate the osx drive. Btw if you get osx to boot you can always try the bootloader 'Boot Think' for osx, it can basically boot everything. 

Well things have gone from bad to worse now as my DVD drive has packed up! I have managed to restore the booting to allow either Vista or W7 to boot up and although I can see Mac OS X on the available list of OS's to boot to, I get a different error (too fast to see what it is).

I have a large USB memory stick and was thinking if there was some way of at least marking the OSX partition as active. Any clues as to what I need to do?

TIA

Darren