Asus P5Q - E Marvell 88SE6121 still not recognized

umano

11 posts in this topic

Hi all and thank you for the precious work you do.

I followed the instruction in the post about p5q mobos, with chamaleon v2 rc1 and nvidia 9000 drivers.

The leo version is 10.5.7 and the bios is modified

Everything works fine except the ide controller, i tried to install AppleVIAATA.kext by kext helper, repair permissions and the others operations with osx86tools (i checked also the device id, it's ok) but nothing changed.

Really it's the 2nd day I try to make it works but i cannot figure out why it doesn't

I trust in your experience ^_^

Thanks again

• 2 months later...

Youre not alone with problems with this controller. I have a P5Q Deluxe with the Marvell 6121 controller and my eSata drives are not recognized. I cant get it to recognize the controller no matter what I do inspite of installing the latest AppleVIAATA.kext.. I think people in this forum have gotten IDE to work but not SATA. Make sure you have 0x612111ab for <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> in the info.plist.

Youre not alone with problems with this controller. I have a P5Q Deluxe with the Marvell 6121 controller and my eSata drives are not recognized. I cant get it to recognize the controller no matter what I do inspite of installing the latest AppleVIAATA.kext.. I think people in this forum have gotten IDE to work but not SATA. Make sure you have 0x612111ab for <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> in the info.plist.

Thank you I'll try

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Umano,I got my P5Q Deluxe working very well. (Intel Core 2 Duo E7400/Powercolor HD3650/4GB - Chameleon2RC2, iDeneb 10.5.8) Problems: only Sound out with AzaliaAudio and AppleHDA, nothing else except Voodoo did work. The few solutions presented here and elsewhere, which promised 100% functionality, as AD2000B with combination with others did not even give me Sound out, although they show all the 8 channels under System Profiler, which Azalia doesn´t. System Profiler does not show any ATA- Drive, ("System does not have any ATA Devices......", nevertheless they are perfectly working, I mean my DVD-RW-IDE and DVD-ROM IDE. Burning with Toast, opening with Apple Keyboard, everything fine. They are displayed beside the HD under SATA- Devices- tree. I stopped investigating this "problem", because everything is running stable since days, no Kernel Panic, no curiosities. I copied back my "old System" from Quicksilver G4 ca. 300GB with TimeMachine/Migration Assistant without Problems. (Only Shutdown stops with this grey screen- but zero Kernel-panics are reported in MacSysInfo. I will send you the Kext´s that are installed in my Extensions-folder. The ones that are marked with blue are the ones from iDeneb installation, the pink one was added by myself. There is nothing else in my Extensions-folder regarding ATA/SATA, as far as I can estimate this matter as a layman. (I don´t know if the AHCI- kext´s belong to the SATA/ATA drivers, and whether this works with 10.5.7 ???)Good luck.......

Ata_Sata_Drivers.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I don't suppose anyone has had success with this yet? It seems like a real grey area to me - as if some people may have had success, but a lot of people on the net are just asking for updates like me.