50 posts in this topic

If you're buying from the Apple store, I've got a rebate that might be helpful:

Shop the Apple Store (US) and receive:

$20 back on a purchase of $500 to $999

$40 back on a purchase of $1000 to $1499

$60 back on a purchase of $1500 to $1999

$80 back on a purchase of $2000 to $2499

$100 back on a purchase of $2500 to $2999

$125 back on a purchase of $3000 or more.

The offer is valid only for ship-to addresses in the US and is NOT good in the education store.

If you'd like more info, PM me. :(

-th1

The best deals for Apple hardware are usually found on the "Special Deal" page at the Apple Store. They are "refurbished" goods at about 15% off, but are as good as new and come with a one year warranty.

Otherwise, anyone affiliated with a school (teachers, students and school employees) can get 10% of any Apple computer once per year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure the K-12 store is only available for employees of K-12 schools/school boards in most places. I'm pretty sure some schools have deals with Apple for students as well, but I doubt it's a whole lot.

Yeah I can't decide whether to use the wifey's educator discount or the refurb discount...

Refurb is better price but did at one time have something FUBAR about it. Educator discount is less, but it's new...

I guess it's a good problem to have... either way I won't be shelling out full price for the Merom MBP, if it ever shows up.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it would kill them to do it, but for just a moment - step into Steve's "reality distortion field" - and imagine just how many Macs Apple could sell in one single day if they came out with one of those "$750 off" coupons for MacBook Pros/MacPros - not regular MacBooks since they're not gonna sell those for $250-500 or so. But damn, $750 off even the baseline MacBook Pro or the MacPro itself... it'd be like when BigMacs and Whoppers are on $.99 (which hasn't happened in a long time). Mad rush for 'em, I tell ya.

Again, I know it will never happen, and earlier points about Apple just not being able to sell to "Joe Blow, Average PC Owner" is just a part of it. That's not their target audience, regardless of Jobsian dreams wanting a Mac on every desktop or lap.

Mactopia... :)

bb

• 2 weeks later...
hoorah for student discounts for college. and my fiancee being a school system employee :)

bad for Tennessee having 9.25% sales tax :(

HAHAHAHAHAHA

dont start with me!!!

try 14% total sales tax in Quebec!

• 3 weeks later...
Refurb is better price but did at one time have something FUBAR about it. Educator discount is less, but it's new...

That is not necessarily true. Some refurbs are "buyer's remorse" returns. Even if they did have something wrong at one time (maybe a bad hard drive or whatever), Apple returns them to like-new condition before selling them on the refurb store. If anything, a refurb has been looked over and tested MORE than a new machine that comes off the production line. Refurbs get the same warranty as new machines as well.

That is not necessarily true. Some refurbs are "buyer's remorse" returns. Even if they did have something wrong at one time (maybe a bad hard drive or whatever), Apple returns them to like-new condition before selling them on the refurb store. If anything, a refurb has been looked over and tested MORE than a new machine that comes off the production line. Refurbs get the same warranty as new machines as well.

I've gotten nothing but refurbs from my 2nd mac on forward - never had a problem with any of them and I credit it to the repair and 2nd round of testing they get.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone here purchased a Student ADC membership in order to get the Hardware Discount Store? I checked it out, and the baseline Core2 Duo MacBook Pro is $1599, (Student ADC costs $99 though) I purchased the SADC kit, and faxed them my credentials (photocopy of student ID and schedule). My question is, how long does it take for them to clear your status? Apple's FAQ was very ambiguous about this!

Nevermind, it came through (that was quick!) Woohoo $400 discount!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there, if any one could help me get a referral for http://ipodnanogiveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=158331

it would be much appreciated. My friend has already god an ipod through the website so i'd like to get in on the act (and you as well!) Lovefilm offer is great, completely free and areally good service 2!

Thanks in advance!! Cheers!

Dafydd

can students still get a free ipod with a macbook? If so I'm gona have my sister in law buy it for me :thumbsdown_anim:

Sorry, that was a promotion over the summer that ended about two weeks before the "It's Showtime" event where Apple released the upgraded iPods and 2nd generation iPod nanos. They still do, however, have a free printer deal with the purchase of a new computer (see http://store.apple.com/AppleStore/WebObjec...8.7.3.5.1.2.1.1 for more information) that runs through January 22.