Fink/Darwinports

jcat

9 posts in this topic

Ok,

I have been able to install darwin ports but I am unable to install tetex (for latex) it crashes when it tries to compile the Xfree86 dependencies ;)

So I tried installing fink aswell using the CVS method on the wiki page, I can't get far enough into the installation to attempt an installation of tetex(it crashes during the make bootstrap phase). It crashes with a ' "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check' error.

I installed Xcode 2.2 after instead of 2.1 but it has made no difference, it crashes in the same place!!

Any ideas on how to solve either issue? Or an alternative way of getting latex working?

TIA

Ok,

I have been able to install darwin ports but I am unable to install tetex (for latex) it crashes when it tries to compile the Xfree86 dependencies ;)

So I tried installing fink aswell using the CVS method on the wiki page, I can't get far enough into the installation to attempt an installation of tetex(it crashes during the make bootstrap phase). It crashes with a ' "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check' error.

I  installed Xcode 2.2 after instead of 2.1 but it has made no difference, it crashes in the same place!!

Any ideas on how to solve either issue? Or an alternative way of getting latex working?

TIA

open Terminal

sudo gcc_select 3.3

and try compile

open Terminal

sudo gcc_select 3.3

and try compile

Thanks but it now stops imediately with this...

"Under Mac OS X 10.4.1, Fink must be bootstrapped or updated with gcc 4.0,

however, you currently have gcc 3.3 selected. To correct

this problem, run the command: ..."

Switching back to 4.0 I get my original error (in more detail below)

checking whether g++-3.3 accepts -g... no

checking dependency style of g++-3.3... none

checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp

configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

See `config.log' for more details.

### execution of ./configure failed, exit code 1

phase compiling: libiconv-1.9.1-11 failed

To further complicate things, if i go into /sw/src/fink.build/libiconv etc and sudo ./configure the package installs fine

very strange

Managed to overcome the issue. The thing is that gcc-3.3 was used, which was not working. I've modified the perl script (attached) not to use gcc-3.3. This is an ugly hack, but nevertheless. Download fink from cvs and put it to fink/perlmod/Fink. Rename *.pm.gif to *.pm.

post-9443-1126012744.gif

DON'T USE 3.3

also, DON'T USE FINK.

get darwinports....

sudo gcc_select 4.0
./configure
make
sudo make install

should compile fine. plus it doesn't break your system.

Yeah, I've been using it with GCC 4.0 since the start...

However, not all packages will compile in the repository as an FYI. A good portion do, though.