VoodooPS2 and VoodooHDA (now 0.2.2 with prefPane) drivers for snow leopard 32/64 bit

dong

66 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

After install this files, I'm having this error when the system starts, why?

Last login: Fri Mar 19 23:16:49 on console
wapers-Mac:~ waper$ /Applications/Utilities/voodoohdahelper; exit;
Found a device of class VoodooHDADevice: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDAC@1B/VoodooHDADevice

settings file path: /Users/waperdooHDADevice/Library/Preferences/VoodooHDA.settings
error: couldn't find settings file
error: can't read settings
logout

[Proceso completado]

That's an error that I experienced as well -- it means your corresponding driver (VoodooHDA.kext) is not functional or active. All I can say is make sure you installed it correctly... and that it's the exact same one. In order for the prefpane to work, you MUST use the exact same kext that came with the prefpane file... other VoodooHDA's wont work :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For the people that speaking spanish like me:

Excelente este driver para el codec ALC883, instalado en la gigabyte G31M-ES2C, simplemente descarge el driver VoodooHDA_Pref.zip y segui los siguientes pasos:

1.- Copiar el kext a /Sistema/Libreria/Extensions

2.- Ejecutar /ATools/Kext Utility

3.- Doble click sobre el prefPane y seleccionar para todos los usuarios, pedirá password de root

4.- Reiniciar

Muchas Gracias !!! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi, it's work for most peoples.

Error will be with you.

...Do everything exactly according to readme

hi,it's not working for me too......it's type:

Last login: Mon Nov 29 19:18:54 on ttys000

/Library/VoodooHDA/voodoohdahelper ; exit;

li-gangbinmatoMacBook-Pro:~ ligangbin$ /Library/VoodooHDA/voodoohdahelper ; exit;

Found a device of class VoodooHDADevice: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDAC@1B/VoodooHDADevice

settings file path: /Users/ligangbin/Library/Preferences/VoodooHDA.settings

error: 2 can't read the settings file

restoring saved settings...

logout

Can you help me check it ....thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...
hi,it's not working for me too......it's type:

Last login: Mon Nov 29 19:18:54 on ttys000

/Library/VoodooHDA/voodoohdahelper ; exit;

li-gangbinmatoMacBook-Pro:~ ligangbin$ /Library/VoodooHDA/voodoohdahelper ; exit;

settings file path: /Users/ligangbin/Library/Preferences/VoodooHDA.settings

error: 2 can't read the settings file

restoring saved settings...

logout

Can you help me check it ....thank you very much

Same error, the path search in Users/chaosscorpion+/library/preferences/VoodooHDA.settings but the correct name is "chaosscorpion", how i can fix this?

• 1 month later...

Thank you! in my board dg965wh works fine! i'm run snow leo 10.6.7.

:P

Something to clarify here:

I'm not the developer of VoodooHDA and VoodooPS2Controller. I just did the compilation job for snow leopard. Thus I actually have no idea what could be the reason for any non-working things caused to you.

Any further request and debug information should go to: forum.voodooprojects.org

Also Slice is actively developing VoodooHDA (now 0.2.42) and added mic autodetect function. Check it here. As rals2007 requested, here is the first version of 0.2.35 source code (need nodes patch to get mic work) edited for 32/64 bit compilation:voodoohda_patching.235.src.zip

These two kexts are recompiled for snow leopard, support both 32/64 bit kernel. The PS2 source code is from Chun-nan (now eureka?) and recompiled by me. The HDA is from VoodooProjects and recompiled by avian from their forum.

Update [2009-08-24]:

fassl from the VoodooProject released VoodooHDA_Pref source code two days ago. Thanks for that, I now compiled it for snow leopard 32/64. This version solved the low max volume problem on my laptop, thus I did not edit the file Table.c. Use VoodooHDA.prefPane for configuration. To reload the configuration at each boot, put voodoohdahelper into your startup item.

VoodooHDA_Pref.zip

Thank you! works fine on dg965wh and SL10.6.7, VoodooHDA_Pref.zip. =)

• 7 months later...

Finally got this working.. my touchpad and keyboard work once more.

My only issue is..

I have a dell latitude D630 and I love my little blue mouse I can use (similar to what the Lenovo/IBM laptops have that is red) and I can't think of what it is called.. and that does not work. How can I fix this?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am sorry I am responding to an old thread but have a question regarding the VoodooPS2 controller kext that is bundled into [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. I had ps2 keyboard support until I used a dsdt. Now my keyboard doesnt work but usb keyboard works fine. Anyone know if there is a dsdt edit for the voodoops2 keyboard?

Thanks

• 6 years later...
On 7/18/2009 at 10:24 AM, dong said:

Something to clarify here:

I'm not the developer of VoodooHDA and VoodooPS2Controller. I just did the compilation job for snow leopard. Thus I actually have no idea what could be the reason for any non-working things caused to you.

Any further request and debug information should go to: forum.voodooprojects.org

Also Slice is actively developing VoodooHDA (now 0.2.42) and added mic autodetect function. Check it here. As rals2007 requested, here is the first version of 0.2.35 source code (need nodes patch to get mic work) edited for 32/64 bit compilation:voodoohda_patching.235.src.zip

These two kexts are recompiled for snow leopard, support both 32/64 bit kernel. The PS2 source code is from Chun-nan (now eureka?) and recompiled by me. The HDA is from VoodooProjects and recompiled by avian from their forum.

Do not use them for 10.5 and below.

Do not use them with similar kexts for the same function, or a kernel panic may occur.

Install them with tools like kexthelper or use a terminal with copy and chown.

Try it on your own to see whether they work for you.

SL_PS2_HDA.zip

Update [2009-07-21]:

I recompiled VoodooPS2Controller as well for 10.6 32/64 bit. Its Nub part is abandoned, so you must use it with AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in the same package. Voodoo.PrefPane is for configuration of touch Pad.

Again, do not use them with 10.5 and below.

SL_PS2_Voodoo.zip

Update [2009-08-09]:

The VoodooHDA compiled from vanilla source by avian give low max sound volume on my laptop. Based on other posts from this forum, I edited Table.c accordingly and recompiled the source code. Now the volume become normal. If you have the same problem as me, try this new kext for 32/64 snow leopard.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Update [2009-08-24]:

fassl from the VoodooProject released VoodooHDA_Pref source code two days ago. Thanks for that, I now compiled it for snow leopard 32/64. This version solved the low max volume problem on my laptop, thus I did not edit the file Table.c. Use VoodooHDA.prefPane for configuration. To reload the configuration at each boot, put voodoohdahelper into your startup item.

VoodooHDA_Pref.zip

Is possible to impliment this?https://www.multiswipe.com/assets/RTgest-1x-146132066d35b189d317a5c9300bcbb0.gif

RTgest-1x-146132066d35b189d317a5c9300bcb