VoodooPS2 and VoodooHDA (now 0.2.2 with prefPane) drivers for snow leopard 32/64 bit

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Fjtorsol

Fjtorsol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
The HDA driver loads perfectly but doesn't work the same way as the VoodooProjects VoodooHDA.kext for Leopard (no audio devices are added so no sound).

I think that the PS2 driver could be failing because my keyboard has many functions than never worked in Leopard. For example it has a touch button for the volume and two function keys v+ and v- in the keyboard that used to crash (only those keys got bloqued for the rest of the system execution) before I touched both of them once. This keyboard worked perfectly in Linux and Windows with the generic keyboard drivers so it's a driver code issue in PS2 drivers for mac.

If this helps I have the following configuration:

- Bootloader: PCEFI 10.2 MBR (tried with PCEFI 10.1, PCEFI 10, Chameleon RC1 modded for SL, and Chameleon 9 modded for SL)

- Added Kexts: fakesmc.kext, VoodooPS2.kext, VoodooHDA.kext

- DSDT Patch: HPET, RTC (I just need AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for QE and CI to properly work with my GPU)

- EFI: Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS

(Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 (build A432) Retail)

Thanks for your work again :(

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts
Something to clarify here:

I'm not the developer of VoodooHDA and VoodooPS2Controller. I just did the compilation job for snow leopard. Thus I actually have no idea what could be the reason for any non-working things caused to you.

Any further request and debug information should go to: forum.voodooprojects.org

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
slickslick

Hi. Just a little favor to ask. Can you modify your automated script. I think it is better to point the voodoohdahelper to /usr/sbin, instead of /Library/VoodooHDA

Thanks

Brett Whinnen

Brett Whinnen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Is the VoodooHDA actually version 0.2.2? The Info.plist still reports 0.2.1, and I assume that is where it gets the info when it loads as well:

Loading VoodooHDA 0.2.1 (based on hdac version 20090401_0132)
Controller: Intel 82801H (vendor ID: 8086, device ID: 284b)
warning: couldn't set recording source to microphone
warning: couldn't set recording source to microphone
Codec #2: Sigmatel STAC9228X (vendor ID: 8384, device ID: 7616)
warning: found invalid min/max dB (using default -22.5 -> 0.0 range)
Sound assertion "!fProvider->open ( this )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 189 goto Exit

PigBoT

PigBoT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I'm using the two PS2 kexts in this thread... They seem to work fine. But one catch, when I boot up SL, I have to unplug and replug my ps/2 keyboard for it to work. Like I said, otherwise it's working just fine.

Anyone know what's going on here that I might be missing, or a possible workaround?

finotelli

finotelli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
VoodooPs2 dont work mouse for me... any idea?

The Raton

The Raton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
It is working for me(ALC882), but I have noise on the mic, even if I set the volume to minim. Anyone know a solution for this?

EDIT* Never mind, is working fine!
Thanks guys!

matemago

matemago

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

It is working for me(ALC882), but I have noise on the mic, even if I set the volume to minim. Anyone know a solution for this?

EDIT* Never mind, is working fine!
Thanks guys!

hi Raton, can you post your solution? i have same board but cannot make mic to work with voodoo driver.

thanks

The Raton

The Raton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

hi Raton, can you post your solution? i have same board but cannot make mic to work with voodoo driver.

thanks

I just installed VoodooHDA.kext(uploaded in the previous post) using kextUtility and removed(renamed) AppleHDA.kext. After that rebooted and played a little with the volume on the input device(I have two listed under Sound in System Preferences Panel, the one working is External Microphone/Line in ). I noticed that w/o any noise the level of input signal was already very high and I thought that it will be a problem, but I tried recording with quickTime and everything was fine.

Hope it helps

PS: I also installed the VooDoo Pref Panel but it gives a lot of errors, I don't know if this has to be done. And another thing, the kext I've uploaded is one modified by Thyreus I think, so try use this one

By the way, I used the HDAEnabler you posted in another thread and the sound worked but no mic, so I switch back to VooDooHDA...

Slyrfecso

Slyrfecso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi!

I removed AppleHDA and HDAenabler kexts.
I installed VoodooHDA.kext.
Second start was realy long, but i have all outputs.
Unfortunately SPDIF don't work:(

Have anybody idea?

Attached Files

phoenix789

phoenix789

InsanelyGeek!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Thanks for this kext. My sound is working again with snow. However, can someone please tell me the settings in preference pane to make mon mic works? and why when i change from mic to speakers in the listbox and then go back to mic the changes i've made in mic are lost? I know i fell stupid but i can't make it work. Please, anyone.

Thank's.

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
dong

Thank You for the upload. :)

Why is it when i compiled, its still x32?. Unless i compiled it as DEBUG.

I have set following...

Architectures: Standard 32/64- Bit Universal
Architectures: i386 <-- I cannot set it as x64

Edit: Oh... it has PPC. :thumbsdown_anim:

msingh

msingh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

I'm not the developer of VoodooHDA and VoodooPS2Controller. I just did the compilation job for snow leopard. Thus I actually have no idea what could be the reason for any non-working things caused to you.

Any further request and debug information should go to: forum.voodooprojects.org

Also Slice is actively developing VoodooHDA (now 0.2.42) and added mic autodetect function. Check it here. As rals2007 requested, here is the first version of 0.2.35 source code (need nodes patch to get mic work) edited for 32/64 bit compilation:

These two kexts are recompiled for snow leopard, support both 32/64 bit kernel. The PS2 source code is from Chun-nan (now eureka?) and recompiled by me. The HDA is from VoodooProjects and recompiled by avian from their forum.
Do not use them for 10.5 and below.
Do not use them with similar kexts for the same function, or a kernel panic may occur.
Install them with tools like kexthelper or use a terminal with copy and chown.
Try it on your own to see whether they work for you.

Update [2009-07-21]:
I recompiled VoodooPS2Controller as well for 10.6 32/64 bit. Its Nub part is abandoned, so you must use it with AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in the same package. Voodoo.PrefPane is for configuration of touch Pad.
Again, do not use them with 10.5 and below.

Update [2009-08-09]:
The VoodooHDA compiled from vanilla source by avian give low max sound volume on my laptop. Based on other posts from this forum, I edited Table.c accordingly and recompiled the source code. Now the volume become normal. If you have the same problem as me, try this new kext for 32/64 snow leopard.

Update [2009-08-24]:
fassl from the VoodooProject released VoodooHDA_Pref source code two days ago. Thanks for that, I now compiled it for snow leopard 32/64. This version solved the low max volume problem on my laptop, thus I did not edit the file Table.c. Use VoodooHDA.prefPane for configuration. To reload the configuration at each boot, put voodoohdahelper into your startup item.

I am using these kexts on my Dell D830 (fully 64 bit). Keyboard works. Trackpad works (though it is hyperactive). Mouse (blue trackpoint does not work). Mouse, keyboard and trackpad kexts are loaded.

System is 10.6.1.

Do I need to edit the Info.plist to active the mouse (like for trackpad) ?

Also Slice is actively developing VoodooHDA (now 0.2.42) and added mic autodetect function. Check it here. As rals2007 requested, here is the first version of 0.2.35 source code (need nodes patch to get mic work) edited for 32/64 bit compilation:

These two kexts are recompiled for snow leopard, support both 32/64 bit kernel. The PS2 source code is from Chun-nan (now eureka?) and recompiled by me. The HDA is from VoodooProjects and recompiled by avian from their forum.
Do not use them for 10.5 and below.
Do not use them with similar kexts for the same function, or a kernel panic may occur.
Install them with tools like kexthelper or use a terminal with copy and chown.
Try it on your own to see whether they work for you.

Update [2009-07-21]:
I recompiled VoodooPS2Controller as well for 10.6 32/64 bit. Its Nub part is abandoned, so you must use it with AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in the same package. Voodoo.PrefPane is for configuration of touch Pad.
Again, do not use them with 10.5 and below.

Update [2009-08-09]:
The VoodooHDA compiled from vanilla source by avian give low max sound volume on my laptop. Based on other posts from this forum, I edited Table.c accordingly and recompiled the source code. Now the volume become normal. If you have the same problem as me, try this new kext for 32/64 snow leopard.

Update [2009-08-24]:
fassl from the VoodooProject released VoodooHDA_Pref source code two days ago. Thanks for that, I now compiled it for snow leopard 32/64. This version solved the low max volume problem on my laptop, thus I did not edit the file Table.c. Use VoodooHDA.prefPane for configuration. To reload the configuration at each boot, put voodoohdahelper into your startup item.

I am using these kexts on my Dell D830 (fully 64 bit). Keyboard works. Trackpad works (though it is hyperactive). Mouse (blue trackpoint does not work). Mouse, keyboard and trackpad kexts are loaded.

System is 10.6.1.

Do I need to edit the Info.plist to active the mouse (like for trackpad) ?

userx

userx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I'm having an issue with the VoodooPS2. I can only get tap and scroll on trackpad if I open Voodoo Prefs, then reboot. Everytime I open it Sys Prefs crashes. Anyway to manually set them somewhere else.

EnzoFX

EnzoFX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Trackpad does not work for me.

This is on an MSI Wind, Snow, Cham 2 RC3. Kexts are in /E/E

I read that rebuilding the /e/e kextcache in single user mode may fix this. What's causing it to not load properly in the first place?

Edit: Yeah, I tried the kexts in /S/L/E and it worked. So what am I doing wrong in /E/E? and why do the basic kexts work fine?

olvko

olvko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I have a strange problem with VoodooPS2Controller under 10.6.1. All the compiled versions of this kext for snow leopard does not work for me. They just aren't loaded during boot - only once or two times I got them loaded but I didn't find any factor exept random luck to say why on that time they were working.

Usually they don't work. Dot.

I was using VoodooPS2Controller under 10.5 and now I use old vanilla VoodooPS2Controller under 10.6 but as it is 32-bit only my snow leopard must be booted with 32-bit kernel as well.

Does any of you have any clue? Is there some new branch of VoodooPS2 that is more usefull in 64-bits? And where can I get sourcecode of 64-bit VoodooPS2??

indiandragon

indiandragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Researcher
Can some one please tell me how to compile 64bit kext for AppleBCM440x.kext,

The sources are available here,

http://www.opensourc...440XEthernet-5/

Thanks in advance :)

Fjtorsol

Fjtorsol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Could you post a fixed version of VoodooPS2Controller with this patch applied:
[codebox]--- ApplePS2Keyboard.cpp.org 2008-01-31 00:25:24.000000000 +0900
+++ ApplePS2Keyboard.cpp 2009-02-12 22:32:48.000000000 +0900
@@ -803,10 +803,20 @@

setKeyboardEnable( false );

+ setCommandByte(kCB_DisableKeyboardClock, kCB_EnableKeyboardIRQ);
+
+ if ( _interruptHandlerInstalled ) _device->uninstallInterruptAction();
+ _interruptHandlerInstalled = false;
+
break;

case kPS2C_EnableDevice:

+ _device->installInterruptAction(this,
+ /*(PS2InterruptAction)&ApplePS2Keyboard::interruptOccurred*/
+ OSMemberFunctionCast(PS2InterruptAction, this, &ApplePS2Keyboard::interruptOccurred));
+ _interruptHandlerInstalled = true;
+
//
// Initialize the keyboard LED state.
//[/codebox]
It solves stuck keys after resuming from sleep (there's no compiled/source version for SL 64 bit of this kext with the patch applied)
Thanks for your great work.

aliasa_anderson

aliasa_anderson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Trackpad does not work for me.

This is on an MSI Wind, Snow, Cham 2 RC3. Kexts are in /E/E

I read that rebuilding the /e/e kextcache in single user mode may fix this. What's causing it to not load properly in the first place?

Edit: Yeah, I tried the kexts in /S/L/E and it worked. So what am I doing wrong in /E/E? and why do the basic kexts work fine?

Hi,

Yes,the trackpad does not seem to be loaded in snow leo.

If you do a diagnostic kextload like:

kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/(name of the kext) for the voodops2conroller.kext you get warnings relating to dependencies.
The other two plugins work fine however despie the same warnings.
You can try loading kext manually and check if this is the case.

@All,

A newer version of VoodooHDA mod by Slice is avaliable(sort of beta) this has version 0.2.51(the url is same as in the first post by dong except the kext is on page 7 of the redirected link)
You can try testing if the current version(s) are still not working.

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts

Could you post a fixed version of VoodooPS2Controller with this patch applied:

I added those code. Here is the 32/64 version you want: Attached File  VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip   130.76KB   1289 downloads Hope it solves your problem. You still need use it with AppleACPIPS2Nub in first Post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy