iDeneb v1.5.1 10.5.7 for Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3

114 posts in this topic

to operators of this forum: first of all i can't because my topic has been deleted without nobody pm to me.

second: i try to open a new topic, without link, and i want to ask the users, of not post nobody link.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iDeneb v1.5.1 PPF Patch is out! ( Soon will be available the complete Dvd with new updates of Safari and iTunes ).

The patch corrects all the famous problems presents in iDeneb v1.5, like the problem with Chameleon v1.0.12 or the block of the AHCI. This version included also the new version RC2 of the Chameleon v2. For knowing all the changes applied in this verison, you can visit our site.

iDeneb v1.5 10.5.7:

In the download is include also an external packages with some Applications.

There are also includes codes MD5 in order to control that the files are integral.

Warnings!

• If you have a restart when you try to boot the dvd, you boot with flag at the F8 boot prompt: cpus=1;
  • Do Not Install the iDeneb Base System over an existing Base System! This could cause the failure of the installation! To always execute a fresh install;
  • If you been for do an upgrade system, deselect of principal system;
  • You can boot the dvd also with the kernel, Qoopz 9.7.0 with flag 970, Kernel AnV 9.6.0 with the flag anv and Kernel ToH 9.2.0 with the flag mach_toh;
  • Do Not Select more than one a drivers of the same type! For example, Do not select 2 Audio Drivers or 2 SMBIOS, this will in many cases cause the install to fail;
  • Vanilla 9.7.0 is default kernel;
  • Bootloader of default is Chameleon v2;
  • If you have based on AMD and/or SSE2 you must select an alternative kernel, advised kernel Qoopz 9.7.0;
  • If you use kernel Qoopz, AnV, Voodoo you don't select the AMD Patch ;
  • If you use Voodoo Kernel you must select "Seatbelt Fix" under fix for resolve the problem of mount of an .dmg,.iso or .cdr;
  • If your system's sound does not work even after installing the proper sound drivers there may be an issue with the System Preferences. Go to System Preferences Sound > Output > and make sure that "Internal Speakers" is chosen and not Headphones or something else;
  • If you have a NVidia Video Card you don't select more than a injector. You can choice or NVinject, or NVKush, or NVdarwin;
  • If you have a problem with ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext you can select ACPI_SMC_Fix under Fix Menu;
  • If you have a incompatible system with latest ACPI kext or you have a computer SSE2, you can select package ACPI/SSE2 Fix under Fix Menu;
  • If you have kernel panic and you don't know what caused it, boot in verbose mode ( -v boot flag at the F8 boot prompt ) for visualize the error;
  • If you don't know like resolve the error you can try install only based system with essential drivers ( Ex. Chipset Drivers ) without the "extra" drivers;
  • In some situations for the first boot it could be necessary to start with the flag - f for load the kext correctly;
  • If you haven't select Video Drivers it could be necessary to start with flag -x;
  • If you are installing iDeneb on one of the Netbook in list, not to select no other drivers or patch;
  • Netbook Section is in update, for problem o for add others netbook to write on the official forum in section Netbook;

General Information of the Dvd:

Dvd Base System: Mac OSX 10.5.6

Size: 4.34 GB

Bootloader Dvd: Chameleon 1.0.12

kernel Default Dvd: Voodoo 9.5.0 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3

Alternative Kernel Dvd: Qoopz 9.7.0, AnV 9.6.0, ToH 9.2.0

Languages Included: Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Korean, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Portuguese, Polish

Itemes removed from Dvd : AdditionalSpeechVoices, XcodeTools, BootCamp

General Information of Operating System:

Installed OS: Mac OSX 10.5.7 RETAIL + iDeneb Default Patch

Updates Included:

• iTunes 8.2

• QuickTime 7.6.2

• AirPort Client Update 2009-001

• AirPort Utility 5.4.2

• FrontRow 2.1.7

• Java for Mac OS X Update 4

• Safari 4.0.2

Bootloader Default: Chameleon v2 RC2

idenebv1511057list1.th.jpgidenebv1511057list2.th.jpg

iDeneb_v1.5.1_List.rtf

to operators of this forum: first of all i can't because my topic has been deleted without nobody pm to me.

second: i try to open a new topic, without link, and i want to ask the users, of not post nobody link.

Thanks.

I noticed this too and will try to get some info on this. From what I can see your post did not violate any forum rules. Hopefully this phase of no notification moderation will end. I try to send people PMs when topics are removed/moved (unless the topic is blatantly against the rules).

iPoco

I noticed this too and will try to get some info on this. From what I can see your post did not violate any forum rules. Hopefully this phase of no notification moderation will end. I try to send people PMs when topics are removed/moved (unless the topic is blatantly against the rules).

iPoco

Thanks.

----------------------

iPoco

Addressing both of these, let me first say it was not me that deleted those posts but I can see at least three very clear reasons why these threads should have been removed.

Looking back on the posts as I see them in the trash (and no they will not be restored), I will list those reasons:

1. I saw several references to places where this could be downloaded.

Not allowed

No posting of direct or indirect links to warez or pirated pieces of software, this includes cracks, serials and torrents.

If people want it hard enough they'll find it, no need to tell them.

2. I saw the original poster ('Jack Layne') posting a website. "For more information, you can visit our official site "

Not allowed

The advertising, comparison, or off-topic discussion of sites similar to InsanelyMac will not be allowed. The staff will decide what is and is not "advertising" based on the content and spirit of the post. Helpful links are encouraged!

3. Snow

Not allowed

This one isn't in the rules, but it's always been the case.

The discussion of hacking the next generation operating system onto PCs has never been allowed on this forum, and all posts referencing how to do this are deleted, if they are deemed to be of excellent quality then they may be hidden by mods until the time comes the OS is formally released, then it may be discussed.

This was the same with Tiger 10.4 and Leopard 10.5 before Leopard was released, all Leopard posts were to be deleted by moderators until it was officially out.

and finally now I will say this:

Do not publicly argue the decision of a moderator. If you have a problem with a moderator take it up with them in private or PM an admin.

Ask the admins about things if you dislike them, but I highly doubt they're going to change *any* of these rules. In this case the moderators have no decision, we're just here to enforce them.

I installed it, but after 10 minutes I got 50% CPU usage (in idle state)

how can i solve this?

and my usb is slow... (usb 1.0??)

EDIT: and my audio isn't working, I did select the ALC882 driver. (Asus P5W-DH-Deluxe)

I downloaded this, and then burned it, but the install fails at around 80-90% saying the source medium is damaged. I said ok, Ill try and burn it again. So I did, and same error! anyone else having this issue, or should I just try a different release?

BTW my system keeps messing up all the time in Windows XP. iTunes and CS will both not install, the installer just hangs. Might there be something wrong with my comp?

Hi,

I cannot install it!!!In "Select Destinations" window there is no HDD drive.I have 2 of them both SATAII. iDeneb v1.4 NO PROBLEM. but this is strange.Can I do something to solve thie problem?

GB-EP-43-DS3L

Intel E8200

2 SATA HDD

1 SATA DVD...

Thanks

Hi,

I cannot install it!!!In "Select Destinations" window there is no HDD drive.I have 2 of them both SATAII. iDeneb v1.4 NO PROBLEM. but this is strange.Can I do something to solve thie problem?

The same for me. It seems this release has a major bug in detecting diskdrives on some ICH systems.

I've installed this and it successfully installed in mine (not 100%, but it runs). I've tried 5 reinstalls with different scenarios. Just for testing purposes, I have a lot of spare time, just playing with it.

I noticed:

0) The chameleon boot loader v1 doesn't work - after install and restart blinking cursor in the upper left corner. Chameleon v2 works though.

1) I have an ALC262 sound card and it doesn't work. I had to pull out the ALC262 audio from iPC 10.5.6 and it works ok. Probably there is a problem with the HDA kext inside the ALC262 package. - Voodoo HDA works but it is noisy.

2) How come there are no enablers or resolvers? The available options only are hacked AppleSMBIOS which doesn't work in my case and gives me About this Mac crash. Mine is detected as 4,1, it is supposed to be 3,1 - had to pull out Enables from different distro

3) There is no option for Voodoo PS2 with Trackpad - maybe licensing issues with the makers, but the default PS2 drivers works fine :rolleyes:

4) iDenebApp.mpkg gives an error when mounting or opening. To make it work, I had to right-click, Show package contents, and there will be another iDenebApp.mpkg available inside, that opens fine.

5) For the first time ever!!!! I made my system shutdown properly! There are two power off fix included and I chose the first one (not the OpenRestart with power off fix). I also chose Voodoo USBEHCI (sleep fix). It seems that the USBECHI is the one fixing the shutdown, together with the power off fix. Very cool!

6) It is not based in the /Extra like other distros. You can correct me on this but I can't find it anywhere (even tempfiles).

Great Distro! I hope there would be a ppf that would make it more stable and fix some issues that previous and me posted.

Great work iDeneb team!! Thanks!!

EDIT: {censored}, I forget to post my specs

Sony VAIO VGN-CR140E

965 Mobile Chipset

GMAx3100 - works without choosing any drivers or EFI - Native 10.5.7 kext works!!

ALC262 sound card

160GB SATA HDD

Zyday USB wireless

Webcam not working

card reader not yet tested

firewire not tested

Hi,

for the the problem with " NO hard drive detected "

For resolve this problem. You must to change in the BIOS,

put the Hard Drive at IDE before install then set it back at AHCI after install before reboot.

It works good for me, but I have a big problem with my HD4850

My mouse lags so much, I've used the " Fix lag mouse " but it's not resolve my problem.

Someone can help me please ,

Thanks in advance.

The AHCI driver is not working correctly thus you see "waiting for root device" They should be loading a driver that works for the install part. iATKOS v7 10.5.7 installs fine but wanted to try iDeneb v1.5 10.5.7. The previous version 1.4 was fine. I think there was a screwup on this AHCI driver that is used for the install part.

I changed around the Sata connectors and finally did get it to boot but still see the AHCI message unable to load that driver. So after it does boot you do not see your hard drive at all in Disk Util.

No one else has this issue with v1.5?

I iwll check if changing AHCI to IDE will do the trick and I am sure it will but that does nto mean this release has a problem. They obviosly have some issue with the AHCI driver they are using on the Install part.

I see the error during the install. Failed to load extension com.apple.iokit.ioahciblockstorage.

Is there something I can type in at boot to force another IOAHCI driver possible in another folder?

I have a Gateway LX4710-01 G33 chipset Quad Core Q9300.

Oh well maybe they will have a fix of some kind]

I, too, have the problem, that the hard drive of my notebook is not shown in the installer.

Booting F8 -v shows: "Failed to load extension com.apple.iokit.ioahciblockstorage"

Can I load any additional kext via kextload on the installer terminal?

The notbook has following Harddisk-Controller: Intel® ICH8M Ultra ATA-2850