10A411 in software update

mitch_de

19 posts in this topic

Lets see :)

Please note: This sub-forum is not for OSx86 questions! If you have an OSx86 Leopard question, you should post your topic : HERE

- The InsanelyMac Staff.

So only real Mac adventures with that new build here :wacko:

4otf.png

Just Installed,Working OK here 64bit.

Now if I could only enable QE/CI.

Here too, crashed only at the end of install (script dydl cache update...) but after restart all ok.

I too wanted QE/CI so i switched from ATI 3850 to NV 9600GT :)

Generel personal PROBLEM (not by this update):

Since first install of Snow Leopard i cant use Disk utility for check/repair rights.

Message in red: Missing ... (something) showed

I think some information (files) are missing to compare rights with orig.

Can someone tell me where i can search for them ?

I remember some files needed in /library/receips or are somewhere else some ?

I attatched screenshot fo compare with someone which can do rights repair/rights check.

Bild_149.jpg

It looks like darwin kernel was updated to b4......

I can't get 64 bit to run on Core 2 Duo (black mid-2007)

EDIT: I am not sure if it is coincidence from something unrelated, but it seems as if my Spotlight is broken...... type in a search term, and it seems to give random results.

-New UI in Quicktime X, much cleaner and final-looking.

-Larger font in Dock (for context menu). Much better this way :D

-I had a bug in 402a : I couldn't drag some files out of the stack into the trash or into the desktop. In 411 this is fixed

-New UI in Quicktime X, much cleaner and final-looking.

-Larger font in Dock (for context menu). Much better this way :blink:

-I had a bug in 402a : I couldn't drag some files out of the stack into the trash or into the desktop. In 411 this is fixed

Yea, I had the same bug with the stacks. Glad it got fixed in this build. :)

-Stell

Process:         Directory Utility [432]
Path:            /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities/Directory Utility.app/Contents/MacOS/Directory Utility
Identifier:      com.apple.DirectoryUtility
Version:         ??? (???)
Build Info:      DirectoryServiceConfig-2940100~7
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [90]

Date/Time:       2009-07-16 16:31:28.640 -0400
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6 (10A411)
Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          3150 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           5
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   5
Anonymous UUID:                      8AAE4EB5-105D-4CD9-B9A7-540659C00BF4

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
 Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/NetworkConfig.framework/Versions/A/NetworkConfig
 Referenced from: /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities/Directory Utility.app/Contents/MacOS/Directory Utility
 Reason: image not found

Directory Utility isnt working for me, i booted with 64-bit kernel

Did you get it (64-bit) to run on your Mini? Please tell me how if so.

Not sure if it will run 64bit on the Mini as originally I installed (2v's before 10A4111) on USB HDD off the Mini then set up on the P5k VM and updated.

Now it's running stable on the P5K I'll transfer from the USB to the main drive and perhaps try it on the netbook and the Mini.

I don't have any receipts, on mine I still have the Mac OS X Install Data Folder!!.

When I originally installed it did not complete properly.

But SEEMS to be working OK the way it is.

Pity theres no HW acceleration for my 2600xt, its been a good card but may be due for retirement.

Finally got this working @64bit by putting 2600xt into dsdt, just hope I did it properly.

Install went just fine without any errors, but i couldnt use diskutil also, as it didnt find some required packeges ... now with 411 i cant even find diskutil at its suspected place ?!!??? :(

I cannot imagine that it has been removed, so: wherefrom can i get it back (and perhaps working also)?

Has anyone else had their Spotlight broken with this last update? I tried re-indexing my drive with a utility from MacUpdate.com and no luck. I also tried various terminal commands from google searches.

The problem is, I will search and get no results, while others will turn results rather slowly. Also at other times, it will show completely unrelated articles, or even item from PRIOR searches that ended with no results. (even though I know the files are there.)

Previously, I could for example, go to the spotlight menu and type "JOSEPH SMITH" and all documents pertaining to "JOSEPH SMITH" would appear in the menu...I could then narrow it down if too many items appear, for example "JOSEPH SMITH LONG BEACH," this would result in the correct documents. The documents consist of a "subscribed public mailbox" from the company server, attachments to the emails from those, and any documents I have produced on my computer in regards to the item. (the ones that I produced always show up twice, as it ends up being duplicated in the server.)

The items are pulled via PUSH service and store in entirety on my macbook.... (thats approximately 1.5 gigs of emails!)

Please help with my burnt out spotlight.

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like darwin kernel was updated to b4......

I can't get 64 bit to run on Core 2 Duo (black mid-2007)

EDIT: I am not sure if it is coincidence from something unrelated, but it seems as if my Spotlight is broken...... type in a search term, and it seems to give random results.

It looks I had a b-tree problem....TechTool, Disk Warrior and Disk Utility failed to rectify the problem. Disk Warrior SAID that it fixed the b-tree nodes, however the problem was persistent.

Clean install, after a complete ZERO of the partition solved the problem....but big hassles...

Overall my point is that the SL update was not the cause.