my dual boot challenge...

1 post in this topic

How about this challenge:1. EeePC 1000 HE with xp home on C and leopard on D. ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 not upgraded (yet)2. leop boots fine. xp doesn't boot anymore.3. changed/modified the com.mac.Boot.plist as describe in forum and nothing boots anymore.4. ran the E drive 9eee recovery) and stopped it before install to get the boot back OK for c, this worked and XP boots again.5. modded the boot file in XP and dropped chain0 in C: to get access to leop that way. choise menu shows leop but doesn't boot, just shows black screen, flashes a cursor and goes back to choices menu where i can only get XP to work for me. (did this step to work the other way in the dual boot)Challenge: how to get the leop to boot again? haven't got a clue anymore... Don't see the darwin or anything alloowing ,me to enter safe mode, do have access to the disk through Macdrive so i can manually edit files or swap them... Thanks for any and all magic here guys! Don't have an extrernal DVD handy so can't just reinstall which i would have done two days ago if i could have... bummer!Yanus.P.s.: can anyone tell me what the best thread is for upgrade to 10.5.6 and .7 please? least possible errors as I have seen enough for a bit and read about issues all over... would love to just keep 10.5.5 but guess I'll be short of LAN and WAN drivers huh... Thanx again, Y.