Working Kext for Sapphire 4830, ASUS EAH4830 under 10.5.8

williamcsk

60 posts in this topic

You no need to download accel pack, I include all those files in the zip provided.

yeah, thats what finally made it work... ive had an accel pack and was using that.. then when i did the new install with the 10.5.6, thought id give the one supplied a shot.. and bam... hahah

No need to remove all ATI kext, only 3 kext need to be add or replace for HD4830

Be sure you have a vanilla 10.5.7 system with untouched extensions folder before install these kext below

1) Patched Quail Motmot and Original Triakis(for 3870x2).pkg which provides patched Motmot framebuffer

2) QE_CI_Exotic_cards.pkg which provides patched ATIRadeonX2000.kext

3) Natit.kext from first post, this natit is different from others, it has a dual-dvi hd4830 vga rom inside.

some info about this vga rom

GPU Device Id: 0x1002 0x944C

113-B50110-101

Wekiva RV770 B50110 Board

© 1988-2005, ATI Technologies Inc.

ATOMBIOSBK-ATI VER011.015.000.003.030656

B3B50110.101

The gpu and mem clock in 2d mode is the same as in 3d mode, i think it's 575Mhz for gpu and 900Mhz for mem.

williamcsk, please check what i replied to your post in pcbeta http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread.php?tid=5...e=2#pid11208536

For many it's not easy to go back to 'vanilla', with the files in the first post I successfully cleared all ATI related kext (including ATI*, *atit*, ATY*), reboot with -f and installed these with kext helper, reboot (no flags needed as kext helper causes cache rebuild before shutdown) and it's back to nearly fully working (if you see my previous post in this thread it's slightly better res than the ones I modified before)

3) Natit.kext from first post, this natit is different from others, it has a dual-dvi hd4830 vga rom inside.

some info about this vga rom

GPU Device Id: 0x1002 0x944C

113-B50110-101

Wekiva RV770 B50110 Board

© 1988-2005, ATI Technologies Inc.

ATOMBIOSBK-ATI VER011.015.000.003.030656

B3B50110.101

The gpu and mem clock in 2d mode is the same as in 3d mode, i think it's 575Mhz for gpu and 900Mhz for mem.

You are right, this is probably the bios (dvi/svid/dvi) I modified and injected to modify 64bit's method so I didn't have to reflash; though ATY_inject should be getting the bios right from the card it probably isn't if it's in natit :star_smile:

Even netkas say though, that VGA is badly supported - but it's probably worth it to try a bios from a vga out card or even delete the bios data key from the plist and hope aty_inject is able to fetch it itself.

update here: I went to a friend's place and tried it with a DVI monitor connected to the DVI port of the 4830. It works! All I did was remove all the old drivers, and install your kexts and everything works, QE/CI. Guess it's time I upgraded my old VGA monitor.

thanks again to the original OP for finally solving that headache.

This is good work. I have the Sapphire HD4830 DVI/HDMI/VGA and have a lot of it working now. I cannot get the Quartz Extreme loaded. The system profile claims it is not supported on this card, similar to a post above.

I followed the instructions and removed the ATI dirvers at the beginning. I can access the resolution changing from teh menu now, but QE still seems elsive. I ahve deactivated QuartzCL as suggested by another post.

Are there any new ideas about this one? I appreciate any help!

BTW, I am using a VGA monitor in the VGA slot.

post-264593-1249479210_thumb.gif

This is good work. I have the Sapphire HD4830 DVI/HDMI/VGA and have a lot of it working now. I cannot get the Quartz Extreme loaded. The system profile claims it is not supported on this card, similar to a post above.

I followed the instructions and removed the ATI dirvers at the beginning. I can access the resolution changing from teh menu now, but QE still seems elsive. I ahve deactivated QuartzCL as suggested by another post.

Are there any new ideas about this one? I appreciate any help!

BTW, I am using a VGA monitor in the VGA slot.

Which version of OSX are you using? At least 10.5.6 is required for QE/CI to work.

Hope this help.

I'm up to 10.5.7.

Have you checked if you don't have any of those kexts on the EXTRA folder of your bootloader? If so, please delete them. Also make sure you load the kexts provided by williamcsk with kextloader, it will make sure permissions are ok and boot caches are flushed properly.

Good luck! :thumbsup_anim:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, I wanted to download the files provided in the first topic, but it says that the file has been removed. Can someone please reupload the files? Or just the 64bit Natit which is required for the last step of installation... Thanks ;)

@robyrocker: As the guide here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=177112 works for Asus 4850 and this guide here works too for Asus and Sapphire it maybe will work with our card too!

I think the mainproblem is the version 10.5.6 which i have installed! I will give a try for a 10.5.8 install, so i hope i am able to upgrade and then trying to modify the ATI kexts..

Has any of you guys tested the card with Snow Leopard? I am going to give it a shot tonight but am afraid of the consequences. ;)

So any insight will be great. I was thinking to use Silent Natit + EvoEnabler + Ati 4800 kext with my device ids.

Thanks and cheers!

Folks I have indeed great news, got my Sapphire ATI HD4830 DVI+HDMI+VGA working with QE/CI on Snow Leopard!!

I am pleased to pull this off myself and to be able to share with the community that has shared with me a lot!

So this is the method:

1. Download the package from Netkas in the following post on his site: http://netkas.org/?p=137
  2. Download the following package which is a mod from EVOEnabler.kext which I replaced some text on the plist file with some info from 64bit's Natit along with the Video ROM, which EVOEnabler brings one for HD4890. So basically I mixed 64bit's Natit with EVOEnabler and created a EVOEnabler 4830, you can download it from the following link: EVOEnabler 4830 pkg.

I hope it helps you all, thanks and props to Netkas, 64bit, williamcsk and the creator of EVOEnabler.

Please report if this works with the standard version of hd4830 also.

Cheers!

Hi there,

the file is no longer available, any chance to upload it again please?

Thanks in advance!

I would like to give this a try on my card but the files have been deleted/removed. Could someone who has them please upload them again. Thanks.

Folks I have indeed great news, got my Sapphire ATI HD4830 DVI+HDMI+VGA working with QE/CI on Snow Leopard!!

I am pleased to pull this off myself and to be able to share with the community that has shared with me a lot!

So this is the method:

1. Download the package from Netkas in the following post on his site: http://netkas.org/?p=137
  2. Download the following package which is a mod from EVOEnabler.kext which I replaced some text on the plist file with some info from 64bit's Natit along with the Video ROM, which EVOEnabler brings one for HD4890. So basically I mixed 64bit's Natit with EVOEnabler and created a EVOEnabler 4830, you can download it from the following link: EVOEnabler 4830 pkg.

I hope it helps you all, thanks and props to Netkas, 64bit, williamcsk and the creator of EVOEnabler.

Cheers!

Wow, a very big thanks.

I've been trying to get my 4830 working is snow leopard.

This worked right away!

• 3 weeks later...

So this is the method:

Cheers!

Hi MrSTiMPy,

does your enabler enable the HDMI port? (currently have this card working but only with the DVI port (have not tested VGA as no old monitors lying around), no output on the HDMI port...)

kjtooke

Hi,

I've tested the package of the first post of this topic but I got an out of frequencies, with all the ports (VGA, DVI and HDMI) of my sapphire HD4830.

The computer is booting into OSX (I can listen the HDD working), but the screen (widescreen, non widescreen and hdtv) write "out of frequencies".

I've tried this package with iATKOS v7 (10.5.7) and iDeneb v1.6 lite (10.5.8) and same results.

If anyone have a solution for that, he will be welcome.

My config :

AMD Athlon X2 4200+

MSI K8N Diamond

2 Go Ram

Sapphire HD4830 512Mb (VGA, DVI and HDMI)

HDD 160Gb SATA