**Definitive CMOS Reset fix**

56 posts in this topic

I think the cause of the CMOS reset in my case is NOT related to the RTC. I have absolutely no problems so far except for a BIOS beep on every boot/restart.

You can't fix it this way so, probably isn't related to RTC. But maybe it's a similar problem.. something addressing memory in the wrong place or with wrong size/lenght. And probably can be fixed via dsdt.

Its a laptop.An HP Pavilion Dv2540ev.

here are the specs

1.67 GHz Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5450

Memory 1024 MB (2 x 512 MB)

Video Graphics Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Hard Drive 120 GB (5400 rpm)

Multimedia Drive Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support

Display 14.1” WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)

Network Card Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface

Wireless Connectivity Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Integrated Wireless LAN

3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated

Keyboard 101 key compatible keyboard

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...021&lang=el

Off topic or not...!!!...dude...why delete the tutorial about this 'cause i mention it in the new releases section and this is still here...not that i say to be deleted too...not my idea...but someone take a little bit of his time and made a tutorial...so why deleting it...not fare...no external links or anything that is not here already was post...so...hmm...lets be honest that this is not apple comps related problem exclusively...it's mostly about hackintoshes...sorry to the member who made the tutorial and was deleted 'cause of my post 'cause i mention about his...

p.s.: to the admin that did that please tell what was so "bad" with it...i understand to delete my post 'cause was not in the right section (...i think...but the topic about sl was locked...so where to post then...)...but way to delete the tutorial too...i thought this was an open minded forum...but i guess the censors are well trained with a "free" american spirit of thinking...:)...thanks and sorry again to the member with the tutorial...(didn't even get your nickname...that's how fast they delete the post...)...

Off topic or not...!!!...dude...why delete the tutorial about this 'cause i mention it in the new releases section and this is still here...not that i say to be deleted too...not my idea...but someone take a little bit of his time and made a tutorial...so why deleting it...not fare...no external links or anything that is not here already was post...so...hmm...lets be honest that this is not apple comps related problem exclusively...it's mostly about hackintoshes...sorry to the member who made the tutorial and was deleted 'cause of my post 'cause i mention about his...

p.s.: to the admin that did that please tell what was so "bad" with it...i understand to delete my post 'cause was not in the right section (...i think...but the topic about sl was locked...so where to post then...)...but way to delete the tutorial too...i thought this was an open minded forum...but i guess the censors are well trained with a "free" american spirit of thinking...:D...thanks and sorry again to the member with the tutorial...(didn't even get your nickname...that's how fast they delete the post...)...

I think it's the fact that there is already enough information about editing the DSDT and most people more or less should know how to add an entry. I don't think it's really necessary to get redundant and keep posting the same info over and over and over and over.... :wacko:

-Stell

Okay...fare enough...but i was referring to the fix not the actual editing of the dsdt...you posted this 2 days ago...so is not like is here for ages...i didn't even know there was a fix until i checked the tutorial section and then...opsss...when i visited again after aprox 1 hour...was gone...so i found yours from having the idea to check netkas blog...and was a link there directing here...so the question...why you hid it here...?...it's a fix for all that mobos who "surprisingly" are not on apple comps...but you post this here...hmm...afraid maybe...of something...?...

...by the way...THANKS for the fix...is working...

Okay...fare enough...but i was referring to the fix not the actual editing of the dsdt...you posted this 2 days ago...so is not like is here for ages...i didn't even know there was a fix until i checked the tutorial section and then...opsss...when i visited again after aprox 1 hour...was gone...so i found yours from having the idea to check netkas blog...and was a link there directing here...so the question...why you hided here...?...it's a fix for all that mobos who "surprisingly" are not on apple comps...but you post this here...hmm...afraid maybe...of something...?...

...by the way...THANKS for the fix...is working...

Um, afraid of something...no. This seemed to be the only place to post about it since Snow isn't officially released yet. This area of the forum has the most posts related to Snow osx86 or mac.

-Stell

"Please note: This sub-forum is not for !!!OSx86!!! questions! If you have an OSx86 Leopard question, you should post your topic Here"

afraid of something...ban..!!!CyberWolf Hacked!!!...it's a sticky...

Wow.

-Stell

i've try this tweak but no success with my Acer lap with Phoenix Technologies Bios

i compare my section for RTC with original MacBookPro3.1 RTC and they look the same

Device (RTC)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))

Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()

{

IO (Decode16,

0x0070, // Range Minimum

0x0070, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x08, // Length

)

})

}

and if i'll leave it like it is with 0x08 or change this to 0x02 Bios got still reset. any suggestions ?

i've try this tweak but no success with my Acer lap with Phoenix Technologies Bios

i compare my section for RTC with original MacBookPro3.1 RTC and they look the same

Device (RTC)

{

{

IO (Decode16,

0x0070, // Range Minimum

0x0070, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x08, // Length

)

})

}

and if i'll leave it like it is with 0x08 or change this to 0x02 Bios got still reset. any suggestions ?

try this - replace entire block

Device (RTC)

{

{

IO (Decode16,

0x0070, // Range Minimum

0x0070, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x02, // Length

)

IO (Decode16,

0x0074, // Range Minimum

0x0074, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x04, // Length

)

})

}

Hi

I have resource template ATT0 and ATT1 do I need to set both lenght values to 0x02?

Device (RTC)

{

Name (ATT0, ResourceTemplate ()

{

IO (Decode16,

0x0070, // Range Minimum

0x0070, // Range Maximum

0x00, // Alignment

0x04, // Length

)

})

Name (ATT1, ResourceTemplate ()

{

IO (Decode16,

0x0070, // Range Minimum

0x0070, // Range Maximum

0x00, // Alignment

0x04, // Length

)

})

Thanks in advance

D.

Device (RTC)

{

{

IO (Decode16,

0x0070, // Range Minimum

0x0070, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x02, // Length

)

IO (Decode16,

0x0074, // Range Minimum

0x0074, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x04, // Length

)

})

}

so should i use both entries for Length 0x02 and 0x04 together like it is ? and Range Minimum and Range Maximum with both values 0x0070 and 0x0074 ? why's that ? help me understand

Hi

I have resource template ATT0 and ATT1 do I need to set both lenght values to 0x02?

As far as i can test in my machine, only ATT0 is used. My RTC has some more values than yours (check my first post on first page) ... ATT1 seems to be for some situation that i can't understand.

Back to more testing...

As far as i can test in my machine, only ATT0 is used. My RTC has some more values than yours (check my first post on first page) ... ATT1 seems to be for some situation that i can't understand.

Back to more testing...

Thanks Azimutz

don't work for me :wacko: !

tried both in DSDT.aml, i also have 2 entries !

SL don't even start, just black screen and this annoying BIOS reset!

using GiGabyte X38-DQ6 !

had someone the same Board and was successful with SL ?

CooSee ' Ya

Device (RTC)

{

{

IO (Decode16,

0x0070, // Range Minimum

0x0070, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x02, // Length

)

IO (Decode16,

0x0074, // Range Minimum

0x0074, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x04, // Length

)

})

}

this solution also not working for me ... i think that Phoenix Technologies Bios can't be solved this way ..maybe some other suggestions ?

You guys could just use the RTC code from my first post. I think it'll replace that stuff just fine. :)

-Stell

i've tried but won't work with this code also. so i think that Phoenix Bios can't be solved this way.