Tascam US-122

Dopamine

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need some help with my Tascam US-122. I just can't get it going in OSx 10.4.6 (Jas). I was very happy when Tascam released the Intel drivers but installing them didn't make a difference. The TascamUS122.kext doesn't load and the device doesn't start.

In the systemprofiler i can see the device plugged into the USB port. I tried changing several kext from 10.4.3 to 10.4.6 but no luck.

Anyone using the Tascam US-122 with 10.4.6 OSx succesfully? Please explain me how?

Oh.. my system specs.

Asus P5LD2-VM mainboard. Pentium D 805 OC 3,0 gHz. 1024 Mb Ram. Netgear WG311 wireless (working). Onboard Audio Azalia working (pathed Azalia kext, maybe this is the problem!)

Thanx in advance,

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I need some help with my Tascam US-122. I just can't get it going in OSx 10.4.6 (Jas). I was very happy when Tascam released the Intel drivers but installing them didn't make a difference. The TascamUS122.kext doesn't load and the device doesn't start.

In the systemprofiler i can see the device plugged into the USB port. I tried changing several kext from 10.4.3 to 10.4.6 but no luck.

Anyone using the Tascam US-122 with 10.4.6 OSx succesfully? Please explain me how?

Oh.. my system specs.

Asus P5LD2-VM mainboard. Pentium D 805 OC 3,0 gHz. 1024 Mb Ram. Netgear WG311 wireless (working). Onboard Audio Azalia working (pathed Azalia kext, maybe this is the problem!)

Thanx in advance,

I am having the same problem. Were you able to find a solution?

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the unibin drivers onto my core duo iMac and it worked just fine. I was running GarageBand and was even using phantom power but only when plugged straight into the machine or a powered hub. Plugging into the keyboard gave me a power error and stopped the device.

• 4 weeks later...

i have the tascam usb 428 and it seems that we have nearly the same drivers, and the same problems on 10.4.6 and 10.4.7.

my found out:

install on 10.4.6 doesnt work... the driver was not loaded (i think the update packages from jas, disable some kext updates :whistle: )

i installed usbaudio.kext from 10.4.6. update, and the driver will be loaded, but the sound doesnt work at all, i get sound very broken.

update to 10.4.7. i have the same problem again, at first the driver will not loaded, when i install manually the usbaudio.kext from 104.7. update i get the driver to work, but with broken and stuttering sound.

thats the reason why i go back to 10.4.5. there it works without problems... only install tascam drivers, reboot, and ready!

in 10.4.6. and 10.4.7. are new driver models i think, some issues with pcifamily device for example on some systems... so i think we have the same problem with our usb soundcard.

on my macbook i installed 10.4.7 and my tascam rocks well. but not on my hackintosh with 10.4.6 or 10.4.7 only on 10.4.5

another found out:

when you load windows and the driver will load there everything is cool, when you reboot your system (without power off tascam) and reboot mac then you get no sound. (when you power off the tascam and power on again, the driver will load)

when you reboot from osx to windows (without power off tascam) windows hangs every time on load asio drivers.... power off and power on... everything is great.