"Using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 Cluster" hang

Wuzzie

50 posts in this topic

OK, I've installed to VMware with the virtual disk/iso mount think using CloneCD VirtualDrive. I got the b0 error again. Somebody suggested to use "-mount /Volumes/myharddrive -setBoot" but Now it won't boot to the dvd...

what now?

PS: If there is no obvious answer, or I have to re-download, can I just use the deadmoo image and update/upgrade it with my DVD?

thanks

Okay,

VMware install gets a b0 error, and will not boot to the DVD or ISO.

Native goes into a continuous loop of beginning to load with -v, but restarts.

What can I do to fix this?

PS: I have download some PPF thing that aparently fixes the b0 error. How do I use this?

Ok listen, I think my computer is hell bent on not working with OSX86, I mean

1) 2621 Clusters Hang

2) Finally got past installed 10.4.6 / 5, but it would say Missing OS

3) Installed 10.4.3 in Native/VMware worked perfect

4) Finally figured out Missing OS error was due to Active Flag not set properly

5) Installed 10.4.6 again, but in VMWare or Native it just wouldnot boot

6) Finally took my laptops working 10.4.6 install, used drive image to copy it to my empty 40 GB and it worked

SO

1) Install OSX on friends/neighbours comp/laptop where it works perfect.

2) Use Ghost / Drive Image to copy drive.

3) Have fun

• 2 weeks later...

I don know maybe. If u can install it on your office comp/school comp/laptop and ghost the drive. Also try to find a fix for the b0 error. I am sure i saw one recently.

I finally fixed all my errors. All stuff which used to happen, by simply using the JaS 10.4.6 Install DVD. Works perfect-o.

JaS dude U R THE MAN!!!!! (I know its a bit late...................but wat the heck)

wht

dood look i made this guide sometime back for the deadmoo image, using windows, give it a go

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?ac...pe=post&id=2687

or go to the genius bar and there is a thread called "[HOW TO] Get past 'Still waiting for root device errors'"

I have posted a guide for the deadmoo there too. Check it out

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I used your n00b guide and it kinda worked. When I got to the making partitions bit, although I have around 60GB of unallocated space, it would only let me make one partiton, so I made the 6GB one.

Once the dd'ing was finished and i put chain0 in the D:/ drive (D is where windows is installed to) when i rebooted, i selected mac osx86 to see if it worked and it complain that some file (hal.ddl or something?) wasn't there... it seemed to think it was a windows OS. When I booted back to my windows partition it did that same.

I have this bootable windows disk thingy, so I could boot to that which has a command promt and file browser... and I have a bootable version of partitionmagic and gparted.

Thanks

Alright, looks like that tutorial stuffed up my pc. It wont boot to Windows or OS X, and it looks like it's whiped my Windows partition. Thanks.

I'm just gonna re-download an install dvd. I'm not even going to Dual Boot I'll only use OS X. (well, it depends if I can recover my stuff or not)

Thank you very much.

Ok, So I've re-installed XP and I have my files back, but the original installation still doesn't work, and I can't boot to it in safe mode. I tried giving it a new hal.dll (from this fresh installation of windows) and it still cried about it...

Any ideas?

Do a repair form the CD. Last resort, boot with some rescue CD, rename Windows, Program Files and Documents and Settings. Now do a fresh install. YOu should have full access to your windows files.

As far as OSX is concerned, i think you would rather forget about it.

I built this computer entirely for OS X. I spent all my money on it and I'm not going to just run windows on it.

as for teh repair thing, last time i did that it deleted all my files and my computer was really unstable.. can you confirm that I will keep all my files, programs etc if I do a repair from the CD?

Alright, I boot to my XP cd and when I select install XP, when it comes up with the menu for which XP installation I want to fix, it displays my temporary one (the one I am using to post from) and nothing else. Not my original one.

Is it dead?

Also when I go to the "Document and Settings" folder (of the original installation) when I select the folder of my account (which has a password and wont let me in - access denied) it says the folder is empty... the size is 0 bytes... does this mean it has whiped my account or is windows unable to measue teh size of teh folder because it is password protected...

Right Click on folder -> Security -> Owners.

Add username here and check apply subfolders or {censored}. Click apply. There u go access allowed

I have a Sharing and Security option... can't edit owners like in w2k though :/

Would I be best to google around untill I find a way of getting to these folders, and just put them on my temporary partition and use this one?

Ok, I re-downloaded the jaS install DVD and this time it worked on VMware!

It gave me the b0 error but I fixed it with the GParted liveCD.

I have booted to OS X and it has worked perfectly... Well I can't connect to the internet but:

- I did not set up VMware to have a network connection

- My motherboard's built-in ethernet is known NOT to work with OSX.

I still want to back up my stuff. I need access to my files which I can't do because I don't have the security tab.

Once I have all my files back and (possibly) have that windows installation working again, What guide should I use to set it up for dual booting?

Also, is it possible to have a windows installation that I can access with Parallels, but I can also dual boot to (natively) ?

Thanks.

EDIT: I worked out how to take ownership of all my original files.

Thank god it worked. I was getting sick of replying to you. I mean I was the only one replying to ya. Go Figure why

• 4 years later...

I have the same problem. I boot from HDD after install, it gets at Using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 cluster IO buffer headers but mine gets to NullCPUPowerManagement::start.

I have a Dell Latitude D505.

Pentium M 1.6

512MB RAM

Intel 855GM

I am trying to install XxX Leopard 10.5.6 using a DVD burnt at 4x, NO SCRATCHES. MD5 Code matches.