• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I built this computer entirely for OS X. I spent all my money on it and I'm not going to just run windows on it.

as for teh repair thing, last time i did that it deleted all my files and my computer was really unstable.. can you confirm that I will keep all my files, programs etc if I do a repair from the CD?

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Interests:Everything Apple, Computers, Movies
Yes confirmed, all I can see is read up good and start with a blank hd.

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Alright, I boot to my XP cd and when I select install XP, when it comes up with the menu for which XP installation I want to fix, it displays my temporary one (the one I am using to post from) and nothing else. Not my original one.
Is it dead?
Also when I go to the "Document and Settings" folder (of the original installation) when I select the folder of my account (which has a password and wont let me in - access denied) it says the folder is empty... the size is 0 bytes... does this mean it has whiped my account or is windows unable to measue teh size of teh folder because it is password protected...

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
Right Click on folder -> Security -> Owners.

Add username here and check apply subfolders or {censored}. Click apply. There u go access allowed

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I have a Sharing and Security option... can't edit owners like in w2k though :/

Would I be best to google around untill I find a way of getting to these folders, and just put them on my temporary partition and use this one?

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Ok, I re-downloaded the jaS install DVD and this time it worked on VMware!
It gave me the b0 error but I fixed it with the GParted liveCD.
I have booted to OS X and it has worked perfectly... Well I can't connect to the internet but:
- I did not set up VMware to have a network connection
- My motherboard's built-in ethernet is known NOT to work with OSX.

I still want to back up my stuff. I need access to my files which I can't do because I don't have the security tab.
Once I have all my files back and (possibly) have that windows installation working again, What guide should I use to set it up for dual booting?

Also, is it possible to have a windows installation that I can access with Parallels, but I can also dual boot to (natively) ?

Thanks.

EDIT: I worked out how to take ownership of all my original files.

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
Thank god it worked. I was getting sick of replying to you. I mean I was the only one replying to ya. Go Figure why

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Ok I think everything is going to work from now. I'd liek to thank you for all your help, Unstable Connection (and the others near teh start) and In return I'll be giving you an iPod: http://ipods.freepay.com/
:P

Nah, thanks heaps.

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
Woah !! Thanx a lot bro.

rossi56

rossi56

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have the same problem. I boot from HDD after install, it gets at Using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 cluster IO buffer headers but mine gets to NullCPUPowerManagement::start.

I have a Dell Latitude D505.
Pentium M 1.6
512MB RAM
Intel 855GM

I am trying to install XxX Leopard 10.5.6 using a DVD burnt at 4x, NO SCRATCHES. MD5 Code matches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy